ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
After following the disaster in the Delphi case with regards to the "lost report", I'm wondering if all the evidence in this case is being pooled together and examined by one LE entity. I would hate to see that same type of oversight happen again.

I'm starting to wonder if this is an Isreal Keyes type individual and just saw a crime of opportunity. Maybe he has killed before, and wanted to try something more exciting with 4 people.
I'm still on the side that it was someone who knew the victims and knew the layout of the house, had been there before. Would be really interested in learning about the FBI's profile, if it is released in the near future.

I'm still on the side that it was someone who knew the victims and knew the layout of the house, had been there before. Would be really interested in learning about the FBI's profile, if it is released in the near future.

Logically this makes the most sense. I would think it would be much easier to find this person in that case. Hopefully LE has more than we know.

Random or not. I can’t decide on that, either.
I don’t recall another case that has grabbed my attention like this, mbecause it’s so cowardly of the killer & especially heinous.<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the dog was closed up in the laundry room in the basement. Maybe that was where he was always crated. That would explain a lot in terms of why he wasn't bloody, and where he was during some of the activities/investigations the day after. He was on the bottom floor along with the two surviving roommates. It also fits the description of the room the police say he was found in. I really don't think Murphy is an important part of the investigation.
The laundry room was on the first floor where the other girls were and doesnt appear to be very big from layout. Also the dog beds up on the balcony and Kaylees pictures show the dog lived out there a lot too with Kaylees sliding doors. I think the dog was in Kaylees room the whole time when they went to bed, didnt have anything to do with it

After following the disaster in the Delphi case with regards to the "lost report", I'm wondering if all the evidence in this case is being pooled together and examined by one LE entity. I would hate to see that same type of oversight happen again.
I assume the Moscow PD is still in charge of the investigation. There may be a "task force" type set up to coordinate things. But you're right, it is important that one entity gets everything so an important fact isn't overlooked.

I'm still on the side that it was someone who knew the victims and knew the layout of the house, had been there before.
I feel strongly that the perp knew at least one of the victims, but not necessarily well. I think the victims may not have even known the perp. I also don't think the perp had been in that house before, but it would be logical to assume since that house is kind of like a labyrinth.

Random or not. I can’t decide on that, either.
I don’t recall another case that has grabbed my attention like this, mbecause it’s so cowardly of the killer & especially heinous. I was trying to eat & post and used the spoon with cat food on it =\
<modsnip - off topic>

I lean towards semi-random. Like Dennis Rader & Julie Otero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earlier this week, University of Idaho spokesperson Jodi Walker cited "faculty feedback and residence hall numbers" in reporting that "60-75 percent of our students are on campus." As of October 2022, the school boasted a student body of 11,507 people.

Not an accusation against Hoodie Guy but wondering if he was able to give LE some insight on their movements that night. After watching the Grub Truck video again, I'm thinking Hoodie Guy gave them a ride from the Corner Club to the Truck and offered to wait while they got their food and then take them home. I don't know if they knew him or not but for some reason they decided to ditch him there. They called someone else to come pick them up. MOO and of course completely wrong if they Ubered to the Truck from the Club. Unless Hoodie Guy was the Uber driver. It just looks like they all arrive there together and that he's waiting and fully expects to leave with them. He's been cleared, and if it's because he was the Uber driver I wish LE would just tell us that.
The girls didn’t take a Uber, it was a private sorority designated driver

JMO

If the killer was in that house before, maybe during one of the parties, I wonder why he decided to go on his murder spree there in the first place? Why destroy the place that’s known for students, including himself, having good times there. Unless he was kicked out and banned from parties there. Thus leading to his/her revenge on the place and its occupants. Salt grain theory.

Just a thought and maybe this has been covered, but I think there's no way this was someone that they knew in Greek life or in their circles at college. Like with a lot of mass shootings, people always know *something* about the perp's propensity for violence. Usually family, but living on a college campus or in Greek housing/dorms, either people know exactly who it is (based on weird behavior, threats, etc.) and they are being forced to keep quiet because LE is well aware and not releasing anything yet so they can build an airtight case, or it was someone fairly far removed from those circles. Because you know how quickly things travel in college gossip wise (and I was in college pre-Instagram and tik tok.)
Related to that, it's been interesting to me that members of Greek life and friends of the victims haven't really spoken about this case to media, other than early on. I imagine there is some level of being told not to do that by LE so as not to compromise the investigation, but to what extent? Given the vast amount of interviews LE has claimed to have done, no one has blabbed about what they were asked? I'm sure there are legal reasons, but it's just interesting to me given the amount of social media interest into the case that there haven't been more leaks along those lines, even if anonymous.
The flip side of that, and my gut to some extent, is that it's a older local, maybe a neighbor or a patron of Corner Club, or an isolated grad student, or a young unsuccessful alum or former student athlete who hasn't quite moved on from college life and is resentful/has rage. Maybe they somehow got into a house party at the victims' place in the past, and/or developed some kind of obsession with one or more of the victims through social media, etc. and that's how they had some level of familiarity with their schedules and the layout of the home. Close enough for the crime to be personal to the perp, but not personal to the victims.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads