ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is indeed in fact ..I am gonna need a link . Facts trump everything and this fact would be of most importance.
Facts from Kaylee's mom and dad. Source

Mom:

"Kaylee was home, had just been home, so we were so thankful that she's been home for a week and a half. She just bought a brand new vehicle for herself, her first vehicle. She had planned a trip. She was planning on backpacking across Europe for the month of January. Starting her new job in February with this internship so that she... wound up offering her a full-time, very well paid position, that she was very excited to take. And she was with us for the last week and a half. She went home on Friday to literally go show off her new vehicle. She was like 'Maddie has to see my new ride, like she has to see this'. And she was talking to Maddie the whole time, going back and forth between the car she was buying and said 'I'm not going to tell you, you're just gonna see me pull up and wait to see what I pull up in'. And that was Friday and we spoke to Kaylee on Saturday and she sent me pictures of... all of the pictures that are online. And they were both of our girls."

In my opinion they need to look at those individuals who watched the grub truck's live stream and if possible in the weeks before. There are tips coming in to the truck workers themselves as well as watchers sending in food payments for friends or cute girls they see on the stream.

What if over their years there they had been comped food so many times and at some point in that small town crossed path with one of those stream watchers and wasn't interested in engaging with them in any way? If it were KG and she appears on the stream, might that have inspired the attack later?

When I first saw video I was confused in thinking they were trying to swipe food, but now I think they were so close to serving area to stay on stream hoping meal might be free if more visible to those watching who were watching?

Even if no-one in stream is the perp, I can't help but wonder if it was why someone with ill intent might have seen her back in Moscow after thinking her gone? Even those tipping at the very end just to the truck workers.

All above my own theory, I can only imagine the amount of evidence these LE are working through.

Kathy
How would anyone watching the stream know where they were all going afterwards?

Does it strike anyone as odd they would make a public announcement about this? Maybe they just want to give the public *some* info because they can't give us much else. Or is this a way to lure in or get some kind of reaction out of a POI?
I wonder if it stems from all the online debates about the other two times they have entered the home with unknown people.

Does it strike anyone as odd they would make a public announcement about this? Maybe they just want to give the public *some* info because they can't give us much else. Or is this a way to lure in or get some kind of reaction out of a POI?
MOO is that they are letting everyone know bc seeing them on the scene again (bringing stuff out) will surely cause a media speculation/storm.

Not an accusation against Hoodie Guy but wondering if he was able to give LE some insight on their movements that night. After watching the Grub Truck video again, I'm thinking Hoodie Guy gave them a ride from the Corner Club to the Truck and offered to wait while they got their food and then take them home. I don't know if they knew him or not but for some reason they decided to ditch him there. They called someone else to come pick them up. MOO and of course completely wrong if they Ubered to the Truck from the Club. Unless Hoodie Guy was the Uber driver. It just looks like they all arrive there together and that he's waiting and fully expects to leave with them. He's been cleared, and if it's because he was the Uber driver I wish LE would just tell us that.
Was it said they had a ride to Grub Truck. It's really not that far to walk from the bar.

I believe strongly that law enforcement needs to be more creative in attempting to catch the perp in this case. I have said it before, but I have seen law enforcement put out false information - for example, why couldn't they put out some false information that they know more than they do- this could serve to draw out the perp- I really don't think it is helpful for their investigation to admit they are clueless- I suppose it is possible they have more information that they are not sharing with the public or the parents, I certainly hope so.
Law enforcement doesn't always tell the truth in fact they will lie for the greater good. Lying sometimes has the ability to cause a suspect to drop their guard and slip up. They also lie to keep the evidence in a close circle. There are many cases of homicides that the police lied for an ulterior motive, to catch a killer. There are also instances where investigative have given out information to to the wrong people like a Mayor or other city/county official and things were leaked to the media which then impaired the investigation. Look a Diane Feinstein and the "Night Stalker". I do not blame the agencies for keeping all they know close to their vest to catch the killer(s). Also keep in mind this does not have to be an associate or someone any of the victims knew, unfortunately there are individuals in society that look for the opportunity to kill just for their own twisted satisfaction and nothing else.

If the killer targeted one or more of the victims, how did he know their movements? How did he know they were home, or even coming home? Especially if the intended target was Kaylee? And how could he be sure that no one ELSE was going to come home?

He was already with K&M at the food truck and knew their destination when they left, OR was with X&E and knew their destination and time of departure, OR he was watching the house. If he was watching the house, I posit that he was watching from inside somewhere. I don't think he was sitting in the frigid trees waiting. Was he really waiting for hours in the woods, in the freezing cold, with no phone to keep him occupied? Risking someone seeing him? I don't think so.

I think the killer either lived within sight of the house and watched from home, or he crossed paths with the victims either at the food truck or wherever X&E were last (frat party?) and knew precisely when the victims left for home. But in that case he likely would need to be at least acquainted with the victims to know the house and know the occupants of the house. Because even if it is some random killer watching, and he sees them all go to bed, how does he know that other roommates or friends aren't coming by too?

RELEASE OF CRIME SCENE?
The whole sending items out of the scene without releasing the scene,seems questionable. If I was a Steve I would want the whole place preserved until after trial. I kinda really am on team Steve. JMO.
@Soulmagnet Yes, I see your point, LE may want to return to it in the future, but they have taken 3D scans (forgot the proper tech name) and (what 4000?) photos.

Releasing some pers prop items, but not the home/blding-crime scene itself, is not uncommon.

Who would pay rent on the prop until trial which could be months, more likely years. Or, perish the thought, never.
Imo doubtful the prop owner is willing to let it sit vacant w'out rent payments.
Trying to think of any murders where crime scene was held by LE for more than a few months. None coming to mind for me. ANYONE?
imo jmo moo
-------------------------------------------------
ETA: Thank you @layer for your earlier post re Jeffrey McDonald, which was different: housing on a military base.

Last edited:
If the killer targeted one or more of the victims, how did he know their movements? How did he know they were home, or even coming home? Especially if the intended target was Kaylee?

It doesn't seem likely he could be following them because they traveled in a car. Was he really waiting for hours in the woods, in the freezing cold, with no phone to keep him occupied? Risking someone seeing him? How else would he know when they got home?

Unless he was already with K&M at the food truck and knew their destination when they left, OR was with X&E and knew their destination and time of departure, OR he was watching the house. If he was watching the house, I posit that he was watching from inside somewhere. I don't think he was sitting in the frigid trees waiting.

I think the killer either lived within sight of the house and watched from home, or he crossed paths with the victims either at the food truck or wherever X&E were last (frat party?) and knew precisely when the victims left for home.
Cameras?

I'm still on the side that it was someone who knew the victims and knew the layout of the house, had been there before. Would be really interested in learning about the FBI's profile, if it is released in the near future.
I think it's someone who knew the victims, perhaps had been in the house before, but wasn't sure who was in each bedroom. MOO but that's the simplest explanation that potentially explain why 4 out of 6 roommates were killed and why the killer appeared to go out of his way, one way or another, if he was only targeting one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking