ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me think the person isn’t from Moscow. In such a small town I wouldn’t think there would be a ton of people with that type of vehicle.
ya it seems like they would have been able to track down all the owners in Moscow and talked to them before going the public route. Although one issue with a college town is lots of the vehicles there might not be registered there but rather wherever the student that drives it is from.

Last edited:
Great to have some new info and a potential lead here. The press release said "Tips and leads" led them to this vehicle; I wonder if it was caught on camera somewhere nearby or if a person came forward with this info. It could be that they have been able to talk to/eliminate any other people/cars caught on video nearby except this one or possibly that someone just now came forward with it. Otherwise, I feel they would have put this out sooner. JMO

If the killer targeted one or more of the victims, how did he know their movements? How did he know they were home, or even coming home? Especially if the intended target was Kaylee? And how could he be sure that no one ELSE was going to come home?

He was already with K&M at the food truck and knew their destination when they left, OR was with X&E and knew their destination and time of departure, OR he was watching the house. If he was watching the house, I posit that he was watching from inside somewhere. I don't think he was sitting in the frigid trees waiting. Was he really waiting for hours in the woods, in the freezing cold, with no phone to keep him occupied? Risking someone seeing him? I don't think so.

I think the killer either lived within sight of the house and watched from home, or he crossed paths with the victims either at the food truck or wherever X&E were last (frat party?) and knew precisely when the victims left for home. But in that case he likely would need to be at least acquainted with the victims to know the house and know the occupants of the house. Because even if it is some random killer watching, and he sees them all go to bed, how does he know that other roommates or friends aren't coming by too?
The killer theoretically could (and most likely the odds are that he does) live within the infamous L.O.S., (line of sight). So he could wait in the comfort and warmth of his home until deciding to strike. Just as he is more than likely “watching” the entire investigation unfold.

Remember in the Silence of the Lambs, when the good Doctor reminded Clarice that: “we covet what we SEE everyday.” If I had just a penny for everytime I’ve heard a murderer say, “they walked right in front of me, and I just became fixated on them before kidnapping and murdering them. Predatory behavior, would prove that he was actually “hunting, and stalking his prey” driving his vehicle around in a mall parking lot. Like a shark…looking for any opportunity.

Stay aware. Stay vigilant. Stay alive.

Wanting to speak to people in a car that passed the house in a time-frame when the murders could have occurred is not indicative of anything, IMO. Could it be truly probative? Sure. Could it just be a doorbell cam captured a car in that timeframe and LE was able to determine make/model/year and just want to see if anyone remembers anything about what was happening in the neighborhood around them? Also yes.

IMO, not yet particularly significant.

Great to have some new info and a potential lead here. The press release said "Tips and leads" led them to this vehicle; I wonder if it was caught on camera somewhere nearby or if a person came forward with this info. It could be that they have been able to talk to/eliminate any other people/cars caught on video nearby except this one or possibly that someone just now came forward with it. Otherwise, I feel they would have put this out sooner. JMO
The fact that they have narrowed it down to a specific year range of that model of car speaks volumes. You'd need to have a pretty high degree of detailed recollection in memory or a video/photo to nail down the nuances between versions over the years I would think.

I also wonder if the vehicle was behaving suspiciously - perhaps seen (either on camera, which is what I believe, or by a person) driving down the same road multiple times in a short span of time. Although it was the wee hours of the morning, there is a lot of student housing over there/Greek row, and on a weekend, it wouldn't be too out of the realm of normal for students to be driving home late. So IMO maybe this car was doing something odd for them to hone in on it.

IF this is based on a car shown on that footage near the frat house that night, do we deduce this may be related to X & E?

Makes me think the person isn’t from Moscow. In such a small town I wouldn’t think there would be a ton of people with that type of vehicle.
Even expanding it to the 1.9 million people in Idaho and say, the probably sparsely populated counties of western Washington, there is going to be a relatively small number of white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong