CO - Shannon Watts & Daughters Bella & CeCe Murdered By Chris Watts - *LWOP* #74

ColoGirl

Reaction score

"Coworkers Watched Chris Watts 'Get More and More Unhappy with His Life' Before Family Murders​

A contractor who worked with the convicted murderer tells PEOPLE about his demeanor leading up to the killings"
-----------------------------------------​

"He didn't talk about his affair," says Spence. "But he was always like 'this or that chick wants to bang me.' But I didn't know it was actually happening. I thought it was just talk."

"Investigators Reveal How They Learned Chris Watts Was Lying — and that He Killed Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters​

Investigators gave a lecture at the 2022 Northeast South Dakota Family Violence Prevention Conference"
-----------------------------------​

During the confession, he said that whenever he closes his eyes, he hears his oldest daughter's final words begging him not to kill her.
"Daddy, no!," Bella Watts, 4, screamed as her father moved in to smother her with the same blanket he'd used to kill her sister Celeste, 3, moments before.

Sale of a stigmatized "murder house"???
NOV. 27, 2022 from Daily Mail
"Chris Watts' $600,000 Colorado murder house where he strangled his pregnant wife Shanann and killed his two daughters finally SELLS four years on"

Thanks for your help, peeps, I edited my post.
@gitana1
@Megnut

Last edited:

Chris Watts' $600,000 Colorado murder house where he strangled his pregnant wife Shanann and killed his two daughters finally SELLS four years on​

This is the current thread.

Article embedded/linked in your post.

I hope that house can again be filled with life and love and laughter.

JMO

"Murder House." Seller/RE Agent Disclosure Reqmt. in CO???
Idk. I'm not afraid of ghosts or anything but just knowing what happened in that home might change the vibe for me.
I think in RE it no longer needs to be disclosed after 3 years or so if someone died in the home.
Disclosure requirements vary from state to state. Briefly, in CO. no duty for RE agent or broker to disclose.

Plain language, in Feb 2021 MSM*:
"Per the Colorado State Statute, Section 38-35.5-101, there is no duty for a broker or salesperson to disclose facts or suspicions regarding circumstances surrounding a crime committed at a property that could psychologically impact or stigmatize the property because such facts are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction."

CO statute below.**

** 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 38 - Property - Real and Personal
Real Property
" Article 35.5 - Nondisclosure of Information Psychologically Impacting Real Property
§ 38-35.5-101. Circumstances psychologically impacting real property - no duty for broker or salesperson to disclose
Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 38-35.5-101 (2016)
(1) Facts or suspicions regarding circumstances occurring on a parcel of property which could psychologically impact or stigmatize such property are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction. Such facts or suspicions include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) That an occupant of real property is, or was at any time suspected to be, infected or has been infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other disease which has been determined by medical evidence to be highly unlikely to be transmitted through the occupancy of a dwelling place; or

(b) That the property was the site of a homicide or other felony or of a suicide.

(2) No cause of action shall arise against a real estate broker or salesperson for failing to disclose such circumstance occurring on the property which might psychologically impact or stigmatize such property."

Last edited:
What I think is strange, is that people drive by that house. Ghoulish. Why would anyone do that?!

What I think is strange, is that people drive by that house. Ghoulish. Why would anyone do that?!
I think the curiosity is pretty common, even if it is creepy. My dad was stationed at Fort Bragg when Fatal Vision was published, and he said so many people drove by the house where Jeffrey Macdonald killed his family that they finally had to station MPs there. No surprise they eventually destroyed the house.

"Murder House." Seller/RE Agent Disclosure Reqmt. in CO???
Disclosure requirements vary from state to state. Briefly, in CO. no duty for RE agent or broker to disclose.

Plain language, in Feb 2021 MSM*:
"Per the Colorado State Statute, Section 38-35.5-101, there is no duty for a broker or salesperson to disclose facts or suspicions regarding circumstances surrounding a crime committed at a property that could psychologically impact or stigmatize the property because such facts are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction."

CO statute below.**

** 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 38 - Property - Real and Personal
Real Property
" Article 35.5 - Nondisclosure of Information Psychologically Impacting Real Property
§ 38-35.5-101. Circumstances psychologically impacting real property - no duty for broker or salesperson to disclose
Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 38-35.5-101 (2016)
(1) Facts or suspicions regarding circumstances occurring on a parcel of property which could psychologically impact or stigmatize such property are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction. Such facts or suspicions include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) That an occupant of real property is, or was at any time suspected to be, infected or has been infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other disease which has been determined by medical evidence to be highly unlikely to be transmitted through the occupancy of a dwelling place; or

(b) That the property was the site of a homicide or other felony or of a suicide.

(2) No cause of action shall arise against a real estate broker or salesperson for failing to disclose such circumstance occurring on the property which might psychologically impact or stigmatize such property."
I'm in CA and we have (or did have) the 3 years.
I used to be in RE and it was very seldom I had a client who cared if someone had died in the home. As a matter of fact I came close to buying a home a year ago that someone had recently died in.
I think for me, one having been brutally murdered in the home might cause me pause tho.

STATUTORY DISCLOSURE?
I'm in CA and we have (or did have) the 3 years.
I used to be in RE and it was very seldom I had a client who cared if someone had died in the home. As a matter of fact I came close to buying a home a year ago that someone had recently died in.
I think for me, one having been brutally murdered in the home might cause me pause tho.
@kkdj Brutal murder or someone 99 y/o dying of old age. May make a difference to some potential buyers, could be a deal killer or could be just a point of $$$ negotiation.
R.Est. = an interesting business.
Interesting that this sec. of CO. law only exempts RE agent & broker from lack of disclosure (not seller). Many states req. prop sellers to complete a disc. form which is provided to potential buyers.
Hypo:
After ack'ing receipt of seller's disc form, if p. buyer asks CO. seller/owner re deaths, crimes, etc in the home, and seller Iies, said none, then deal closes, I do not read this ^statute^ as relieving seller of civil liability. Assume sufficient proof of buyer & seller communications.
Your thoughts?
BUT what are buyer's damages? Hard to prove. Enough tedious detail on this hypo.

Sale of the house been discussed elsewhere online, apparently it sold for about $20-40k öess than the comparable houses in the development.
Crazy how the market differs so much from state to state, I live in Europe so probably the same here. Personally, the history wouldn't matter to me at all, but the house style with so much dead space, the tiny plot and the now neighbours right behind the house would deter me for certain.
The practical things more important than history.

Its been interesting going back over the early pages of this evolving post, I wasn't around at that point. Amazing how much people didn't know until the Discovery release, I got interested around the time of the sentencing, so never really though much about all the early speculation.
Up to page 32 now, lots more to read if i ever find time.
Incredible to think that people still share so many of the early misconceptions though, many places online still trying to take the responsibility from CW.

first post to the Watts' case-

Anyone else really bothered by the fact there wasn't a second arrest?
I truly see this case as a folie a deux.

its one of the scariest cases for the simple fact it really can happen to anyones family, a mix of different variables and situations can make people do really insane things.

Sending a hug and loving energy to Shanann's family and the communities still affected by this brutality

moo!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back