ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
ka-bar is “military style knife” As has been widely reported. I don’t think they said “military knife”
I'm not aware of them MPD having said "Ka-Bar" either. It's entirely possible that I missed it in the early days of the investigation though.

Also, heating oil is essentially diesel. Basically clear in colour.
Not rusty like in that photo.
Absolutely not true. Heating oil is dyed red so you cannot use it in your vehicle. Only on-road diesel is clear. That way they know you have paid the applicable taxes at the pump. It's a heafty fine if you get caught with any colored fuel in your vehicle.

thank you

To save me time reading the blog, can you say whether family has to consent to retention of tissue? ( they do over here)

I'd been wondering about ME retaining ' extra' when the discussion came up ( msm) of morticians/funeral directors telling parents about wounds & wondered how such 'storage' might impact wound interpretation to an untrained eye ( untrained forensically)
If it's part of the investigation, it would considered evidence until the case is cleared.

I'd say 99+% of all autopsies have samples taken for examination. That's what it's all about. :)

YouTube video of MPD Police Chief speaking...

2 areas of interest I found are:
(1) tips about the white car have been coming in from "around the nation". Those are going to take forEVER to go thru. I'm trusting they have a good system in place for that.
(2)threats are occurring towards "possible parties involved in the case". I vaguely recall hearing something about this but never saw any viable source on this, until now. Who are threats being made against?? LE officers and/or Detectives? Family members? I'm not understanding this. Any help y'all can offer would be appreciated.

Idaho murders – live: Tips pour in over mystery car as Moscow police debunk link to bodycam footage

I've been following this story from #1
Just a quick summary of the little known facts
Murders reported by coroner between 3am + 4am
No evidence of forced entry
The 6 bedroom residence is an three split level design
The bedrooms of the murdered victims on the second and third floors
911 Call made 11.58am next day -
911 + LE details at Crime Scene make no mention of blood traces inside or outside of the residence
INITIAL reports by surviving students, neighbours say nothing unusual - no sounds/screams

AND THE mystery of the DOG.....

No reported suspects or persons of interest
4 weeks later the LE post a request to identify the owners of a white car seen in the area...

What is Evident is the Perp/s were able to enter the residence, navigate the layout, swiftly, efficiently and quietly stab four students with a 'large fixed blade knife' and leave with little evidence or trace of blood.....possibly in a white car.....

To ME Personally...The most IMPORTANT missing aspect of this crime is MOTIVE....WHY, WHY, WHY?

The only Hypothesis my mind can consider right now - given what is known- is that this crime was a 'Paid Hit'...
Someone paid someone, a semi professional/s, SAS back ground trained to work in the shadows...job done, gone......this is Why the FBI were called in straight away.....

IMO only....

Last edited:
Agreed. I keep wondering what this person actually wore. I'm going with the mask/ski mask theory, but I wonder if he also had some kind of visor or helmet?

And my big curiosity is what light source he had? Were the lights still on in the kitchen so that light would have spilled into X's room? Or was it dark? Surely it was dark up on the 3rd floor? My visor theory doesn't work if he didn't have a light source.

I believe he wore gloves, obviously, and keep pondering whether there would be trace DNA on the bottom of his shoes (probably very little but could be some). I worry that the coroner (who said she'd never had knifing victims before, I believe) didn't dissect the wounds in a manner consistent with trying to find small amounts of stranger DNA (and the process isn't always successful nor is it necessarily well known).

I now believe (after reading media thread) that E and X were living together at the house, so it could have been known to the perp that a man was inside frequently, at night. But to enter a dark room with two people, a man and a woman, without being able to see well enough to figure out their orientation and place in the room, is really audacious.

At any rate, this killer took his clothes and his weapon with him, when he left. IMO.
imo, it's possible a neoprene suit would have worked - liquid-proof, holds dna in so no skin flakes or sweat, keeps wearer warm, pretty quiet, comes in black, booties over, etc. between that, some ppe booties, goggles with light source possibly (moon was pretty bright that night), and a mask, it could work. Change of clothes hidden in secluded location, then wait it out until sunrise.

The link is in the closed thread from yesterday. It is a report from News Nation indicating one of the two vehicles taking investigators from the house had Washington plates. There are several posts about this in the current thread. I was offering my commentary as someone very familiar with the area.
Thanks...I'll go find it. I appreciate your answer.

Wasn't it a full moon that night? I also saw another comment on here that mentioned something about window covers ("if they had them, they didn't use them")
So, if both things are indeed true, then couldn't that be a good light source?

Since most people sleep In the dark and cover their windows, Whether or not it was full moon or if they had window covers used or unused, there is surely no way someone could plan to do this and assume they’d be able to see? So if planned they would surely take a torch of some sort?

Maybe it wasn’t planned and was a house break - the house was quiet, the windows not covered, and it took the perp by surprise to find people in bed so he panicked and made sure they could never tell.

Agreed. I keep wondering what this person actually wore. I'm going with the mask/ski mask theory, but I wonder if he also had some kind of visor or helmet?

And my big curiosity is what light source he had? Were the lights still on in the kitchen so that light would have spilled into X's room? Or was it dark? Surely it was dark up on the 3rd floor? My visor theory doesn't work if he didn't have a light source.

I believe he wore gloves, obviously, and keep pondering whether there would be trace DNA on the bottom of his shoes (probably very little but could be some). I worry that the coroner (who said she'd never had knifing victims before, I believe) didn't dissect the wounds in a manner consistent with trying to find small amounts of stranger DNA (and the process isn't always successful nor is it necessarily well known).

I now believe (after reading media thread) that E and X were living together at the house, so it could have been known to the perp that a man was inside frequently, at night. But to enter a dark room with two people, a man and a woman, without being able to see well enough to figure out their orientation and place in the room, is really audacious.

At any rate, this killer took his clothes and his weapon with him, when he left. IMO
My information is that the bodies were taken to Spokane, WS where a medical examiner performed the autopsies, and the results were passed along to the county coroner. (Cathy M.?) No way did she perform those autopsies...isn't she just an RN?)Autopsies completed for U of I murder victims - KXLY

Seems (or likely) they were drinking, tired and then asleep.

Don’t see a need to drug sleeping people with alcohol in their systems.

MOO
Yep. And a random killer wouldn’t know if they had alcohol in their systems. A killer that was watching them, knew their movements, knew they had been drinking would know they were easy targets.

MOO

Absolutely not true. Heating oil is dyed red so you cannot use it in your vehicle. Only on-road diesel is clear. That way they know you have paid the applicable taxes at the pump. It's a heafty fine if you get caught with any colored fuel in your vehicle.

You're right..it has dye in it..but it's not red in colour at all...they add very little dye to differentiate from regular diesel. A light pink perhaps. Still almost clear. I've used diesel and heating oil for my house for over a decade..definitely not the same colour as whatever is in that photograph.

I personally think it was blood. Ashleigh Banfield had the coroner Cathy Mabbutt on her show a couple of weeks ago where the coroner seemed to confirm the substance dripping down the exterior side of the house is blood.

Ashleigh: “Ms. Mabbutt, we showed a picture a moment ago of a wall on the outside of the house. It looked like the foundation on the outside of the house. I’m gonna ask the control room to put that picture up again. This was fairly shocking to see. It’s blood dripping on the outside of the house, almost as though it may be seeping from the inside. Does that sound congruent with the results of the crime scene that you were able to ascertain from your work?”

Mabbutt: “Um, from my observations, yes.”

Ashleigh: “And can you tell me if that means this might have been one of the bedrooms or where the beds were that one of the victims was stabbed, this particular area of the house?”

Mabbutt: “I think that’s pretty likely, yes.”

Ashleigh then asked her if there was anything else she could say about that scene and she said no.

I can only find the podcast link. Starts around 30 minutes in.

I think it was blood too. Doesn't really matter much to the case except it's just a testament to the scene inside the room that it emanated from (if in fact it is blood). It's not heating oil as the house is heated by electric as shown on the property tax information (attached), and if you zoom in really close you can see an area where the red liquid runs over top the pipe and drips farther down the side of the house. I know people have said houses won't leak like that based on their construction, but this is a photo of a dorm at our local university where someone pulled the sprinkler system and there was some puddling of water on the floor just below the top floor. It went right through and down the outside of the building (photo attached).

Attachments

• thumb-5254551460.png
    thumb-5254551460.png
    935.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 7knff2sq5g1a1.jpeg
    7knff2sq5g1a1.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 82
YouTube video of MPD Police Chief speaking...

2 areas of interest I found are:
(1) tips about the white car have been coming in from "around the nation". Those are going to take forEVER to go thru. I'm trusting they have a good system in place for that.
(2)threats are occurring towards "possible parties involved in the case". I vaguely recall hearing something about this but never saw any viable source on this, until now. Who are threats being made against?? LE officers and/or Detectives? Family members? I'm not understanding this. Any help y'all can offer would be appreciated.
imo only, I took #2 to be threats being made to those who are being accused online. the mods have spent a great deal of time cleaning up threads here that mention those parties, but there are some convinced that it must be fill in the blank. I think at one point poor Murphy the doodle was even accused but that's craziness. That dog would have broken two cigarettes into the interrogation. okay, just kidding, but you get my point. A lot of unfounded speculation, and given the heightened degree of fear and emotion, I can see how this could easily go off the rails. And this is JMO about who is receiving threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173