ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyvek is popular in Colo and WY, it's just enough staples to hold in place, not sealed. I've also seen visqueen used on the inside over the insulation, but that too is just a few staple to hold in place, not sealed either. MEO with husband in construction.
The initial treatment may have a caulked seal but that may break.

How to Seal Wood Siding? - Entirelab

Either way, it is what it is, an image of something many times more horrific than what had occurred in the rooms

Not sure if it’s true or statistically proven but its been a long-standing tale that LE, hospital casualty, psychiatrists, and paramedics are ran off their feet on full moons due to higher incidence of everything going mad ie ‘lunatics’ plus other things such as more babies being born. Perhaps someone with facts could verify? It could be that burglars and housebreakers are well served or encouraged by the extra night light?
[…]

A study reported in 2016 was careful to make a distinction between indoor and outdoor crime committed in 13 U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 2014.

The authors found no link between lunar phases and total crime or indoor crime.

But they did find the intensity of moonlight to have a substantive positive effect on outdoor criminal activity. As moon illumination increased, they saw an escalation in criminal activity.

One explanation for this finding is what is referred to as the "illumination hypothesis"—suggesting that criminals like enough light to ply their trade, but not so much as to increase their chance of apprehension.

It may also be that there is greater movement of people during lighter nights, thus providing a bigger pool of victims.

Why do some people still cling to the belief that the Moon causes criminal or other antisocial behaviour? The answer most likely lies in human cognition and our tendency to focus on that which we expect or predict to be true.

[…]

First time I’ve looked up any studies on this, but have always heard about the increase in crime and ER visits during full moon.
Having been a bartender for 40-something years, I definitely know it affects people’s behavior!
JMO

Someone posted an article on this site many threads ago about the 7 most lethal places to stab someone that would kill them instantly/quickly and it was not at all what I expected. It's very hard to stab someone in the heart because of the ribs. It's also harder to slash someone's throat and have it lead to death because there are so many ligaments to cut through. But this article said, it is very easy and accessible to stab and then cut across the top of the thigh where the thigh meets the hip in the bend of the leg to cut a femoral artery. Another, easy spot is to cut across the bend in the back of the knee to hit an artery. Perhaps the easiest was to stab someone at the base of the skull on one side of the spine and then pull the knife quickly across the spine.

I agree with your last sentence, also severing the cervical spine in that location renders a person immobile, paralysed, and they die within 20 mins due to loss of brain signal to vital organs and that which controls breathing. The blood loss would be fairly irrelevant in terms of certain death. Sadly I know this info from following a different murder case. JMO MOO

I do wonder. In the interior of our house, 77% illumination still leaves the hallways pitch dark, the middle bedroom too. Back of house faces sky and west, so dim light in kitchen. But wouldn't the sleepers have lowered their blinds - to keep moonlight out?

Maybe not, maybe enough glow from charging electronics to see a little, once the eyes are accustomed to the dark. I now believe the killer found exactly the 4 people he thought he would find - perhaps not exactly where they could have been, but he probably knew E and X were in that second floor BR. I am thinking we will find they were killed after K and M, perhaps because they were slightly roused from sleep by some sound in the house.

I wonder if K and M had closed the door to their BR (I wouldn't, if the bathroom was outside the room and I'd been drinking, there was no one else up there or expected to be up there). But E and X probably shut their door due to proximity to the kitchen.
I agree totally!

Since most people sleep In the dark and cover their windows, Whether or not it was full moon or if they had window covers used or unused, there is surely no way someone could plan to do this and assume they’d be able to see? So if planned they would surely take a torch of some sort?

Maybe it wasn’t planned and was a house break - the house was quiet, the windows not covered, and it took the perp by surprise to find people in bed so he panicked and made sure they could never tell.
IMO… Whatever this was I’m 99.99% sure it wasn’t a robbery gone wrong.

You're right..it has dye in it..but it's not red in colour at all...they add very little dye to differentiate from regular diesel. A light pink perhaps. Still almost clear. I've used diesel and heating oil for my house for over a decade..definitely not the same colour as whatever is in that photograph.
I agree that whatever is on the side of the house isn't heating oil. It is not even close to clear, though. The attached article has a good pic of heating oil next to diesel. Clearly red in color. Looks just like every off road diesel or heating oil I have purchased since the law went into effect.

Tyvek is popular in Colo and WY, it's just enough staples to hold in place, not sealed. I've also seen visqueen used on the inside over the insulation, but that too is just a few staple to hold in place, not sealed either. MEO with husband in construction.
I've built houses for nearly two decades.
The way we build up here nowadays, the houses are almost completely sealed and the possibility of blood (or any liquid for that matter) leaking through a modern wall system is a very, very long shot.
But, I've done plenty of renovations on older homes of this vintage and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see that kind of transfer.

I do wonder. In the interior of our house, 77% illumination still leaves the hallways pitch dark, the middle bedroom too. Back of house faces sky and west, so dim light in kitchen. But wouldn't the sleepers have lowered their blinds - to keep moonlight out?

Maybe not, maybe enough glow from charging electronics to see a little, once the eyes are accustomed to the dark. I now believe the killer found exactly the 4 people he thought he would find - perhaps not exactly where they could have been, but he probably knew E and X were in that second floor BR. I am thinking we will find they were killed after K and M, perhaps because they were slightly roused from sleep by some sound in the house.

I wonder if K and M had closed the door to their BR (I wouldn't, if the bathroom was outside the room and I'd been drinking, there was no one else up there or expected to be up there). But E and X probably shut their door due to proximity to the kitchen.
I live several floors up with windows all around, and on full moon nights, it's very bright. I can walk through without lights on easily. I actually don't close the blinds to sleep, but because of the location of my place, there's no way for anyone to see in, but I would NEVER ever sleep with my bedroom door open. EVER. Esp in a house with other people, but regardless. NEVER.

Seeing these new 'investigators' (not sure if that's what they are technically) show up is quite interesting. I'm sure it's been discussed some here but I missed it. They look and walk like US Marshals in my view. Is it confirmed who they belong to?

If they are US Marshals, it makes me wonder if there is a thought that the perp may be a serial offender the govt is aware of and has been chasing (the Marshal's jurisdiction) and they are there simply to evaluate whether or not it could be their guy (assuming they belong to a task force or similar tracking a specific individual down).

Someone posted an article on this site many threads ago about the 7 most lethal places to stab someone that would kill them instantly/quickly and it was not at all what I expected. It's very hard to stab someone in the heart because of the ribs. It's also harder to slash someone's throat and have it lead to death because there are so many ligaments to cut through. But this article said, it is very easy and accessible to stab and then cut across the top of the thigh where the thigh meets the hip in the bend of the leg to cut a femoral artery. Another, easy spot is to cut across the bend in the back of the knee to hit an artery. Perhaps the easiest was to stab someone at the base of the skull on one side of the spine and then pull the knife quickly across the spine.

I did post it today (someone else had posted it). It's easy to find. And yep, it's a step by step guide. I thought the fact that the method chosen (discussed as #4 I think, in this article) also disables victims from making a sound.

The knife in question in this case is also mentioned around the internet as useful for killing without cutting one's own self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73