TX - Troy Khoeler, 7, found dead inside washing machine, Spring, July 2022 *arrests*

It was never about the oatmeal pie. These are the actions of violent, malicious people who - whether they realize it or not - very likely fostered and adopted in order to have on-going access to someone smaller and weaker than themselves to have power over and take out their frustrations on (MOO).
Imagine what his life was like, and would have been, if they had not killed him.

I can't imagine getting mad at a child for eating food. That is normal behavior. They killed a child for eating a cookie?!

Wait. They killed their child, concealed him in the washing machine in their own house, and then reported him missing?

So they're horrible AND stupid.
I think it's less that they're unintelligent and more that these monsters felt such contempt for Troy, that they assumed that the police wouldn't bother to look properly for him either. I've seen it before with, for example, serial killers who are so shocked that anyone noticed a person they targeted went missing. They just assumed that nobody noticed or cared about others around them, and that a whole person just vanishing out of their life would be unremarkable. These people considered Troy a throwaway. It must have shocked them that not only did the police look for and find him, but that they didn't believe their stories about how he ended up the way he did.

That's in no way a justification for any of this, but it does speak to the fact that they saw Troy as invisible, disposable. When someone sees another as less than human, they might feel absolutely fine in doing horrible things to them and thinking it doesn't count. It doesn't mean these people have any kind of diagnosible issue that would justify it. People went to work at concentration camps every day, too, and they weren't sociopaths. They just decided their prisoners weren't human, so what they did to them was fine.

Troy deserved so much better.

I had to stop reading. I just couldn’t continue.

Who ever thinks of threatening to put a child in the oven and turn it on? Where does that kind of vile evil come from?

This poor little boy. I just can’t do this one.

I knew they did it from the get go.

Poor sweet Troy. It makes me so angry to read things like this. Meanwhile people like myself (and many others) who don’t have kids would’ve LOVED to care for Troy. Because I am single and middle class it’s nearly impossible for me to adopt — but they’ll let a married couple with hearts of stone adopt a vulnerable young child. Just makes me sick.

This is awful to read and think about!

"After the family was provided services, CPS determined the "risk assessment" was moderate and the case was closed in May."

Obviously, the risk was NOT moderate. But, why is a moderate risk to a child acceptable?!

Imagine what his life was like, and would have been, if they had not killed him.

I can't imagine getting mad at a child for eating food. That is normal behavior. They killed a child for eating a cookie?!
I have friends who adopted abused children and hoarding/stealing food was common. I m not saying this is what was happening here nor am I in any way taking up for the little boys parents. My friends were frustrated because they fed the kids well and even packed their lunches for school but they would eat their lunch then beg food at school . I don't know why but they actually convinced teachers and others they weren't being fed and CPS would come and check.

The stealing food was one of the more shall we say "normal" behaviors. It breaks my heart for this little boy. It takes a special person to raise adopted children but I cannot fathom killing and torturing a child let alone over a cookie.

I have friends who adopted abused children and hoarding/stealing food was common. I m not saying this is what was happening here nor am I in any way taking up for the little boys parents. My friends were frustrated because they fed the kids well and even packed their lunches for school but they would eat their lunch then beg food at school . I don't know why but they actually convinced teachers and others they weren't being fed and CPS would come and check.

The stealing food was one of the more shall we say "normal" behaviors. It breaks my heart for this little boy. It takes a special person to raise adopted children but I cannot fathom killing and torturing a child let alone over a cookie.
Well, that is actually common. Kids will say, "There is NO FOOD in our house to eat". Which actually, usually means, "No cookies, chips, or beef jerky".

Not unlike Mickey, who looks in the fridge for food...no ice cream, means...."NO FOOD". Forget that there is lettuce, and tuna fish.

But, it is also common for foster parents to place children on a specific diet, that is within the allotment for their food. It is like $5.10 or something like that. I don't know the exact amount. Crazy!

Well, that is actually common. Kids will say, "There is NO FOOD in our house to eat". Which actually, usually means, "No cookies, chips, or beef jerky".

Not unlike Mickey, who looks in the fridge for food...no ice cream, means...."NO FOOD". Forget that there is lettuce, and tuna fish.

But, it is also common for foster parents to place children on a specific diet, that is within the allotment for their food. It is like $5.10 or something like that. I don't know the exact amount. Crazy!
One would hope the money the adoptive parents get would not dictate allotments or be used as a source of income. I did grow up around a lady who fostered kids as a job which bothered me a bit but perhaps I wear rose colored glasses.

One would hope the money the adoptive parents get would not dictate allotments or be used as a source of income. I did grow up around a lady who fostered kids as a job which bothered me a bit but perhaps I wear rose colored glasses.
Sadly, where I live, most of the foster parents I come into contact with via my job (and there are MANY) are in it for the income.

Sadly, where I live, most of the foster parents I come into contact with via my job (and there are MANY) are in it for the income.
I grew up in the 70's when upper middle class was still a thing. My family looked great from the outside and EVERY cop who picked me up each time I'd run away was certain to point this out & chastise me for being ungrateful. This began when I was 9. (I was a little precocious).
During those years I was placed in 2 different foster homes. Once, on a Christmas Eve, I was a young couple's first placement, after midnight, a spur of the moment emergency placement. I don't believe in God now but honestly I hope someone/something could bless them because they were just sooo good. They'd hurried and wrapped some re-gifted presents and had them ready under the tree for me on Christmas morning. I cried when opening them and I cried when I wrote them my goodbye note just before I snuck out in the dead of night.

That foster couple was not in it for the money.

A few years later was my next foster home placement. Salt of the earth couple, had older teenagers, very rural, I was also their first foster child. I was 12. At first I was skeptical of the entire situation; they had no books(!) & to me that said they were unlearned & not worth my time. But omg soon I realized how wrong I was. I stayed with them for almost 2 years.
Neither of these families were motivated by money to foster.
Being in the system, I was aware of a very few notorious foster home who were reportedly awful/running it as a business, but they were a minority.
I don't know why that has changed. I'd like to believe that it actually has not, but that we only hear about the awful outliers.

I suspect, as in other cases, they were starving him, and leaving their own snacks accessible, so that when he stole out of hunger, they'd have yet another excuse to beat him. That's what used to happen to the Turpin siblings, little Nubia Barahona and her brother V, and more other child victims than I can think of off the top of my head. These sadists design the game so there's no way to win. You starve, or you steal for temporary hunger cessation, knowing you'll pay for it in blood, literally, then starve until the next time you're hungry enough to weigh the cost of the beating as worth the pittance of nourishment you manage to steal. All to feed an adult or adults' megalomania.

They adopted him, most likely, because they wanted a captive, vulnerable victim, whose behaviour could be explained away as resulting from 'past trauma', and because they got off on the fawning of those around them about how wonderful they were for adopting a poor foster child. How kind. How generous and unselfish to open their home to one of them, how lucky he was to have such loving family, finally.

These are monsters in human skin.
I agree 100%! My opinion, coming from other similar cases over the years is the same. Two people, bio or other caregivers text back and forth, describing alleged, imaginary infractions the kid commits, culminating in the great punishment phase.

IMO there's an element of thrill involved in the texting - like some bizarre foreplay. And as you said it's a set up where the child will never, ever win. Gabrielle Barrett was scalded to death for a toileting accident. Mom and boyfriend exchanged texts describing what they were going to do to her in an almost erotic frenzy.

IMO that behavior signals premeditation, not some cockamamie "snapped" moment where the caregiver(s) can't control their anger. Quite the contrary, IMO it's all part of a carefully devised act of cruelty. MOO only.

I agree 100%! My opinion, coming from other similar cases over the years is the same. Two people, bio or other caregivers text back and forth, describing alleged, imaginary infractions the kid commits, culminating in the great punishment phase.

IMO there's an element of thrill involved in the texting - like some bizarre foreplay. And as you said it's a set up where the child will never, ever win. Gabrielle Barrett was scalded to death for a toileting accident. Mom and boyfriend exchanged texts describing what they were going to do to her in an almost erotic frenzy.

IMO that behavior signals premeditation, not some cockamamie "snapped" moment where the caregiver(s) can't control their anger. Quite the contrary, IMO it's all part of a carefully devised act of cruelty. MOO only.
I agree. Are the adoptative parents in this case charged with 1st degree murder?

I agree. Are the adoptative parents in this case charged with 1st degree murder?
Authorities charged Jemaine Thomas, 42, with capital murder and Tiffany Thomas, 35, with injury to a child by omission after police found their 7-year-old son, Troy Koehler, dead in a washing machine at the family’s home in Spring, a census-designated place about 40km north of Houston, on July 28 after he had been reported missing, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

"After the family was provided services, CPS determined the "risk assessment" was moderate and the case was closed in May."

Obviously, the risk was NOT moderate. But, why is a moderate risk to a child acceptable?!

This is just so sad. I don't seha aw I rarely comment, but I do read along on a few cases. Such a beautiful little soul is gone, because "moderate risk" to them was acceptable. :mad:

"Tiffany's attorney told the court she suffers from severe mental health issues."

And yet Texas was fine with her being a foster mother with those severe mental health issues!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back