ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh...you're a super snooper...lol
And how reassuring that they looked into it so quickly.
The owner of a property near the home where four University of Idaho students were slaughtered last month told Fox News Digital he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders.

Moscow, Idaho, detectives reached out to landlord KF Nov. 14 and asked for surveillance footage recorded from a camera perched on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane, which is .3 miles from the murder scene.

"I downloaded it and gave them access to everything from 2 a.m. through noon on that Sunday the 13th,"

The car, which F described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

It's unclear if the white car in the footage is the same Hyundai Elantra investigators are trying to track down.

Was just coming to post this! This is some interesting info for sure- in particular his statement regarding info about it relating about it to K& M’s drop off!?!

This may be a stupid question but i see this statement a lot from people. Should they have gotten the video from all of the businesses early before they knew what they were looking for? What would the boundaries of obtaining the videos. Do they need a warrant to obtain some of these videos. I am just trying to understand what was within the police's legal rights. I hope this makes sense, lol.

Early on, the boundary they requested footage from was south of taylor ave, east of the botanical gardens, west of hwy 95, and north of w palouse river drive. What prompted them to create this boundary? Why did the public disclosure of the white elantra take so long? If it didn't show up in the footage within the boundary outlined above ok... So it must have been a tip from people who lived in that area. Naturally, you'd think that would have been information that was gleaned after a couple of days of interviewing the neighbors which should have been done right after the crime.

All of it just seems odd to me.

In the future, I believe communities will have a cloud set up for businesses to submit their footage so lags like this won't happen in the future. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just coming to post this! This is some interesting info for sure- in particular his statement regarding info about it relating about it to K& M’s drop off!?!
Sounds like this may well be what initially alerted LE to the white Elantra. If this is the ONLY thing that sparked the search for the white Elantra, that is concerning, IMO. A car zipping around a college town in the middle of the night, on a weekend, is hardly suspicious.

At first I thought this was an attack targeting one of the third floor girls but I’ve changed my mind for many reasons…
- LE to me are indicating that E and X were not at the frat house all night, wherever they were up until 1:45am seems pertinent. I agree with a previous poster, I think E and X may have been in the car LE are looking for.
- If the killer was targeting one specific woman, I believe there would have been signs of sexual assault. - in stalker crimes etc. this is usually the case.
- I don’t think this was a well thought out crime, quite the opposite, I think the person was probably on drugs/crime of passion. The risks they took were off the charts. I also think LE probably have the killers DNA but have no matches and therefore it’s useless until they have a suspect. (I think they aren’t in custody by nothing but pure luck at this point.)
I have a feeling the suspect will turn out to be someone who wasn’t a student but partied with students and was jealous of them for many reasons… money, education, etc.
This is all totally my opinion, I could be way off.

At first I thought this was an attack targeting one of the third floor girls but I’ve changed my mind for many reasons…
- LE to me are indicating that E and X were not at the frat house all night, wherever they were up until 1:45am seems pertinent. I agree with a previous poster, I think E and X may have been in the car LE are looking for.
- If the killer was targeting one specific woman, I believe there would have been signs of sexual assault. - in stalker crimes etc. this is usually the case.
- I don’t think this was a well thought out crime, quite the opposite, I think the person was probably on drugs/crime of passion. The risks they took were off the charts. I also think LE probably have the killers DNA but have no matches and therefore it’s useless until they have a suspect. (I think they aren’t in custody by nothing but pure luck at this point.)
I have a feeling the suspect will turn out to be someone who wasn’t a student but partied with students and was jealous of them for many reasons… money, education, etc.
This is all totally my opinion, I could be way off.
Never thought of E and X being in the white Hyandai Elantra. Interesting theory.

I’m sorry, but if you live in or near the area & drive a white Hyundai Elantra of the year models LE are looking at, I can see no reason other than suspicious ones for not coming forward. Why else would you deliberately ignore a police directive on something so important & serious if you’re not involved? Maybe I’m just naive. MOO

You think the white car was following the 3rd party sedan that dropped k and m off which was an hour earlier? sorry, i don't follow. It's been reported that the drop off car was a dark colored sedan

As I understand it, police work 101 is to start at the crime scene and expand out where the investigation leads as more evidence is gathered.

<modsnip>
<modsnip> This is not a criticism of LE whatsoever, not sure why people think it is...

I'm genuine wondering why gas stations on main artery roads/highways weren't first checked is all at beginning and might give a clue what LE were maybe thinking at first (perp was on foot maybe they thought) or if thinking non-relevant. I'm curious the train of thought at the beginning as things seems to have changed (maybe I'm wrong, thinking out loud and MOO)

The gas station is close to the house, only minutes about 15 mins away. Looks like 2-3 close by and other businesses. I'm hoping all businesses everywhere are checking their videos more now after the car release image.

1671149435623.png

You think the white car was following the 3rd party sedan that dropped k and m off which was an hour earlier? sorry, i don't follow. It's been reported that the drop off car was a dark colored sedan
I never said I thought he was following. I was remarking upon the fella that made a statement in the Fox article that seemingly felt it was the ride person. It could only be if the person changed cars, I was fascinated by his remark, and then stated that maybe the Elantra was seen on camera at 1122. That’s it.

Early on, the boundary they requested footage from was south of taylor ave, east of the botanical gardens, west of hwy 95, and north of w palouse river drive. What prompted them to create this boundary? Why did the public disclosure of the white elantra take so long? If it didn't show up in the footage within the boundary outlined above ok... So it must have been a tip from people who lived in that area. Naturally, you'd think that would have been information that was gleaned after a couple of days of interviewing the neighbors which should have been done right after the crime.

All of it just seems odd to me.

In the future, I believe communities will have a cloud set up for businesses to submit their footage so lags like this won't happen in the future. <modsnip>
The bounded area is only where "detectives are requesting all available video – whether there appears to be motion and content or not."

MPD continues to request any additional video, if relevant:
"Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips."

ETA: source: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

I am curious but perhaps missed this early on. Is there any info or reports about the bar, Corner Club when the two women were there for hours? ? Was anyone paying them special attention? Was video captured from inside bar or in parking lot, like of parked cars there also? And then tracing their movement to the food truck?-were they followed or accompanied by anyone? Radio Silence seems curious on this important part of their evening but perhaps LE has their reasons? IMO.

The strangest thing happened…
I had a theory involving a business and I thought I’ll have a look at the business on Google Maps, I checked an image from a few years ago, low and behold, there was a white Hyundai Elantra outside. It was an older model by the looks of it but then again, many people keep the same type of car and just upgrade to newer models.
I’m crazy enough to think it up but not crazy enough to think I cracked the case… still, random!

<modsnip>

I'm genuine wondering why gas stations on main artery roads/highways weren't first checked is all at beginning and might give a clue what LE were maybe thinking at first (perp was on foot maybe they thought) or if thinking non-relevant. I'm curious the train of thought at the beginning as things seems to have changed (maybe I'm wrong, thinking out loud and MOO)

The gas station is close to the house, only minutes about 15 mins away. Looks like 2-3 close by and other businesses. I'm hoping all businesses everywhere are checking their videos more now after the car release image.

View attachment 387835
I am not aware of any public information that suggests LE did not check those gas stations early in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member