ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Hughes has a video depiction of the crime from the killer's perspective from walking through the house. The last 8 minutes are simply terrifying to consider.

SG said the killer didn't have to go up the steps to get to Kaylee and Maddie; thereby, implying E&X were attacked first. If E&X were the targets, the killers job would have been done and no need to go upstairs.

After learning more about their injuries, where KG suffered "torn" injuries; not all were "stab wounds", I'm wondering exactly what type of edge weapon was used that tore through tissue. Killer was strong. Initially, I was settled on a serrated KA BAR but I'm walking that back a bit based on new data on the injuries. What type edge weapon would tear through human tissue?

moo

I find it strange the way the Moscow Police have worded the info re: license plate on the sought after white 2011-2013 hyundai elantra: “unknown license plate”. Was it an Idaho plate or out of state? Or is that also unknown? They have not clarified that one way or the other.
I wonder if they got some letters or numbers but couldn’t tell the state? Possibly due to blurry, obscured or damaged plate on video or if it’s an eye witness who just can’t remember it didn’t note it.

Not everybody trusts cops, and that they will be true to their word.

Also, if it were me in the White Elantra, I would be real worried that somehow my personal information would be leaked to the media and I would be touted as a suspect by the internet. There are plenty of reasons why someone who owns a car like that and truly feels they have no useful information to give to the police would choose to stay silent.

That said, I do not believe police are turning up the heat on this specific car just to get a witness to come forward. I think this is about a suspect.
I think I would gamble on getting in trouble for a crime I committed vs. becoming a suspect in a quadruple murder, but that’s just me, as a non-criminal!

I think I would gamble on getting in trouble for a crime I committed vs. becoming a suspect in a quadruple murder, but that’s just me, as a non-criminal!
A+ post of the day. Absolutely yet some people are like maybe it was a drug dealer so what then come forward. There are more pressing issues here like a quadruple homicide. JMO

Gray Hughes has a video depiction of the crime from the killer's perspective from walking through the house. The last 8 minutes are simply terrifying to consider.

SG said the killer didn't have to go up the steps to get to Kaylee and Maddie; thereby, implying E&X were attacked first. If E&X were the targets, the killers job would have been done and no need to go upstairs.

After learning more about their injuries, where KG suffered "torn" injuries; not all were "stab wounds", I'm wondering exactly what type of edge weapon was used that tore through tissue. Killer was strong. Initially, I was settled on a serrated KA BAR but I'm walking that back a bit based on new data on the injuries. What type edge weapon would tear through human tissue?

moo

I've seen this video and it is very disturbing. At least to me!

I have a question.

What is the purpose of live streaming from the food truck?
Is it some kind of advertising?

Are customers aware of this?

It is really strange as many students' accommodations don't even have cctv for "privacy reasons"

JMO
Moo....

If you have a crowd, people assume your food is good and it's the in place to be. Seems like a cheap way to convey both those messages to potential customers.

I’m sure they’ve checked the vehicles of all people known to be in contact with the victims; just no one drives a white Hyundai.

I totally agree, it doesn’t make sense that a person unknown to the victims, who lives out of town, would travel to their residence.

I really think this is going to be a college aged male who perhaps had attended that college, and knew at least one of the victims. It’s huge they have a vehicle of interest though, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a major break in the next week or so.
Do you still think he's on drugs?

I think it was speculation that Murphy was found in K's room. LE reported that the dog was not found until the night after the murders. See press releases: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
That's so strange. Makes me conclude that there was no barking to alert with all of the rescue personnel and investigators coming in and out.

I think it was speculation that Murphy was found in K's room. LE reported that the dog was not found until the night after the murders. See press releases: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
You're correct regarding the particular room. From the police release (BBM):

During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

moo

What about a knife like this?

Attachments

• E94913F2-7D28-480F-A704-8FF7E3F457B0.jpeg
    E94913F2-7D28-480F-A704-8FF7E3F457B0.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 5F15DA4A-C870-4674-BC20-29C0C36A4E6B.jpeg
    5F15DA4A-C870-4674-BC20-29C0C36A4E6B.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 18

moo

Joseph Scott Morgan, who was interviewed on Law&Crime Network, dismissed the notion about the knife causing "tears". The info reportedly came from the coroner, who isn't an expert on injuries.

... What type edge weapon would tear through human tissue?
RSBM,

I'm all about Occam and utilizing information that LE has released.

LE has stated they are looking for a Kabar-type knife. Any knife is capable of tearing through human tissue.

Think about it this way: Instead of a full stabbing motion (ie: in, then out), think in, then up then out or in, then down, then out etc. Horrific is the thought, but entirely plausible.

Such would explain "stabs" (which could be used to narow down type of knife to a kabar- type knife as LE has already stated they are seeking), and "tears" (as in " a wound being a 'tear' rather than a simple 'stab'). And could also 'slice'. "Tear" could simply be the word utilized to infer the motion of the blade rather than it being a simple "stab".

No need for multiple weapons and no need to set aside the knife that LE has already put out there IMO. IMO, suspect is not switching out his blade as he kills these kids.

Last edited:
I’ve been seeing some people post wild theories on why the white Hyundai Elantra was seen near the murder scene and that’s fine but here my two cents.

Some say maybe the white Elantra gave X and E a ride, or maybe the white Elantra was visiting a neighbor, or maybe the white Elantra just got lost and turned down the wrong street etc etc.

Bottom line I don’t care what the reason is that the white Hyundai Elantra was there for. It was seen driving near the murder scene on November 13. LE and the FBI has sent out numerous bulletins, made several on air announcements etc over the past 9 or 10 days asking the person or persons who were in the white Hyundai Elantra seen near the murder scene on the morning of November 13 to come forward. If they are innocent and have nothing to hide than they should have nothing to worry about.

The person and or person in the white Hyundai Elantra that was driving near the murder scene on November 13 has still not come forward after 10 days of calls to do so should tell you all you need to know. This white Hyundai in question is what the killer and or killers were driving or the persons in the vehicle saw the killer and or killers along with other incriminating information and is covering for them Period. JMO
But what makes you think someone hasn't? Why wouldn't LE hold that information from the public until ready to make an arrest to either keep the occupant(s) safe (if only possible witnesses to anything) or to keep the suspects (should they turn out to be so) from rabbiting?

How would it be to hear "Yesterday we told you we had located the occupants of the vehicle and had spoken with them. Today this person is missing and please send any information on them if you have seen them (or worse a second murder victim)"?

LE does not want to take that chance, imo, just like they probably didn't ask for the publics help until they needed to.The public knowing if it has been located is not as important as LE gathering what is needed for an arrest, imo.

I would just amend this to ALL young girls, not just those who are considered beautiful.

Xana was attractive, IMO not as flashy looking as K and M, but she's still dead, whether she was a target or "collateral." And men have become obsessed with all manner of girls.

It's in the eye of the beholder and ALL young girls need to maximize their chances to stay safe.

Jmo
If you look at data and interviews with killers, outward appearance is not the driving issue. It's all about power. is this person vulnerable. Can I physically overpower them. Is the risk low enough.
Saying that anyone is more prone to being attacked because of their level of attractiveness send the wrong message.
Media planted the seed that only blond pretty women matter (get coverage) - hence are more prone to attack.
Anyone is vulnerable. Anyone.
The exception would be killers that are Incels. Then yes, they do target the pretty blond Staceys.

Last edited:

Casey Jordan & so many others have stated the longer it goes, it could be random sk. So many compare it to the Rolling case. I have a vague recollection of that. I’ll have to look again to see how similar.
Quite similar IMO, and IMO we need to heed what they're telling us via these appearances in some cases. I said previously that IMO, LE would not just run screaming, arms flailing, yelling "OMG it's a serial killer!!!". But they did call in FBI BAU - 2 teams - right away, and while the FBI assistance is common, BAU is a different level IMO.

These murders happened over a month ago.

editing to add: this is not a criticism of LE AT ALL - Troy and Kendrick are not remotely logical unless LE has additional info, and so I suspect they do, imo, but jmo

EDITED TO CORRECT DATES - the killer had a 2 week head start (LE asked on 11.30, and I missed that detail pre-caffeine ;) ), if indeed the killer did go there. IMO-- I can think of reasons why he would. Now it wouldn't be as possible with all the snow, but the Latah Trail would be a carless option IMO. All of this is JMO

Last edited:
This has been bothering me. I could have sworn that early on, K's sister mentioned that the same neighbor's camera that caught K&M coming home at 1:56 showed E&X coming home about 2:15. I can't find that info anywhere now, and all I see is LE statements that they are thought to have been home by 1:45. I think key to this might be the testimony of the survivors. I believe that one of them posted a pic after that time, so she may have heard they were all upstairs (even if she was already in bed and didn't physically see them). If E&X walked home from the frat house (which was only about 1 minute away), it's possible someone knew when they left the frat house. Otherwise, I think LE is basing the timing on either testimony from the survivors or from tech information from their devices/wifi, etc.

This has been bothering me. I could have sworn that early on, K's sister mentioned that the same neighbor's camera that caught K&M coming home at 1:56 showed E&X coming home about 2:15. I can't find that info anywhere now, and all I see is LE statements that they are thought to have been home by 1:45. I think key to this might be the testimony of the survivors. I believe that one of them posted a pic after that time, so she may have heard they were all upstairs (even if she was already in bed and didn't physically see them). If E&X walked home from the frat house (which was only about 1 minute away), it's possible someone knew when they left the frat house. Otherwise, I think LE is basing the timing on either testimony from the survivors or from tech information from their devices/wifi, etc.

moo

This is genius!

It could have of course but wouldn't it make more sense to get your drugs before your Saturday night partying started, not at the tail end?
MOO. Imagine earlier in the evening, more folks showed up to party than expected and the drugs are running out early. Someone knows someone who can drive over there in an innocuous-looking car in half an hour with refills. But maybe when the delivery guy gets there, there's a problem with the money. He drove all the way there and it's much less lucrative than he was expecting.
Also what dealer is coming out for a client that time of night. Wouldn't the dealer more likely say, you come to me?
Moo. Imagine you're a college kid and you don't want to ruin your life by getting caught or ripped off hanging around in a drug-dealing area but you want drugs. In many places, you can get an average-looking person who wouldn't attract attention as looking out of place to show up with your order.

Joseph Scott Morgan, who was interviewed on Law&Crime Network, dismissed the notion about the knife causing "tears". The info reportedly came from the coroner, who isn't an expert on injuries.
But the coroner has seen the wounds and spoken with the medical examiner. Is Joseph Scott Morgan directly involved with the case?

The press release on Dec 5 from the above link said:

"There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the
morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the
deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the
crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there
was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal
Services and released to a responsible person."

It doesn't sound like to me the dog was found later that night. On the other hand, I don't believe LE arrived at the house in the morning-- think it was early afernoon. Still, I'd not think hours would have gone by before the room where he was was searched. What if there had been a living victim or the perp in that room?

The LE blurb does not say the dog was in a bedroom but some outlets have reported that.
For example from:

"Police say there's no way to know for sure where in the house the dog was during the murders, but the pet was found when officers arrived inside a bedroom where no victims were located. We learned from Goncalvez's family that Kaylee slept in her roommate Madison Mogen's room that night, although police have still not shared the exact locations of each victim."
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member