ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how far outside Moscow ID should the area of checking every white Elantra be?
When do they stop? What if they've done all of Idaho and Washington state and still can't find that one? Or they find it and the owner is innocent/has an alibi?

I wonder if too much emphasis is being placed on this car?

If I was doing a blood-soaked quadruple knife murder, I wouldn't want to be driving a WHITE car afterwards.......
most common car color.

Not at all. Three people walk from the bar to a food truck and have a conversation, including naming someone. They part ways, and all three are not the suspect. The person who was allegedly named ... I hope they change their name for the next month to avoid people trying to link them to the murders.
Do we know why they are calling this video a "major development?" How is it related to the case? LE must have hundreds of hours of footage to pour over from that night.

Why is this footage so important?

Do we know why they are calling this video a "major development?" How is it related to the case? LE must have hundreds of hours of footage to pour over from that night.

Why is this footage so important?
That seems to me to be the media grasping for things to shout about for clicks, not something LE is saying is important.

... I hope they change their name for the next month to avoid people trying to link them to the murders.

What if Kaylee didn’t want Adam to know she was in town, because Adam would tell his friend/ roommate / brother / girlfriend?

Or didn’t want Adam to know when she was pulling out for good?

Like a guy not wanting their girlfriend’s sister to know something because that’s gonna be a problem.

Just ideas.

MOO

If I was a mass murderer who wasn’t going to flee the scene in a car, I think I’d be inclined to stash my vehicle in Pullman & take the Chipman Trail.
I thought about going to Pullman. That was my initial theory because I could disappear from there with the right planning. LE just threw me off with Troy/Kendrick. so I'm glad you like the pullman idea :)

if he hid in the arboretum, parked near there, made his way to the house, back to the arboretum, and headed west on Palouse, from what I can tell, he'd be camera free (maybe some ring cameras, but I'm sure he thought of that). He could then ditch the kill car on Sand, destroy it, pick up his car or even bike to Pullman (daylight again by then), get his car and disappear into the WASU melee. that was my original idea. even if I lived smack-dab I the middle of Moscow, I'd have take a long way home.

of course, this is jmo jmi.

All moo - I don’t have a clue, but your comments have been making me allow my mind to wander about the getaway. I have a very biased interest in wanting to believe he immediately fled this area & isn’t lurking here in the winter dark.

honestly, JMO and JMI, but I think he's hecka gone from Moscow. if he shows up again, it will be for a new experience, someplace else. of course, I have zero idea and that's jmo, so please be safe and get some of those door buddies, and a search and rescue whistle.

FOX NEWS NEW VIDEO IMAGE = Clickbait

SO LE tell public in early dec this man is cleared and not a suspect and was with victims prior to murder
(LE Possibly used this "new" video evidence to clear hoody man weeks ago):

Fox News tells us a FACEBOOK group has "alleged" video of Man(cleaed man?) walking with victims prior to food truck and murders.

FOX News Using a prior person of interest as a possible suspect and using "alleged' evidence that corroborates POI story.

"The women appear to be wearing the same clothes Goncalves and Mogen were seen sporting that same evening on video outside a nearby food truck. The man walking with them is also wearing clothes that look like those on a man seen at the food truck whom police have said is not a suspecect "

Last edited:
Does anyone else notice that the guy with the white hoodie and dark hat, circled on the right, has on white shoes (sneakers?) and a thinner frame based on the images shown. The guy with the white hoodie and dark hat circled on the left is wearing dark shoes/boots and, at least on this footage, appears to be more of a fuller frame.You can also see when he is talking to others, they have white sneakers, he does not. It also looks like he may have facial hair (or it's just shadowing in the image). Both can be seen in the clips shown, yet they were never close to one another or taking to one another, that I saw. So what hoodie guy are we taking about now??? HG wearing white sneakers or HG wearing dark shoes or boots. I thought white sneaker HG who walked away in a different direction after MM and KG left the area had been "cleared". Im going back to watch the full version of the Twitch video if I can find it in the media thread. I know its been a few weeks ago that it was posted. I think I need to pay closed attention to HG in the dark shoes on the Twitch long version.
I noticed that as well, but I'm pretty sure it's the lighting. The overall resemblance with the hat...jacket..sweat shirt showing with open jacket and shirt showing below jacket convinces me it's the same person. MOO

HG is not called Adam, he has a different name.
Also I think Adam is a friend of Kaylees boyfriend and maybe that is why the girls were calling J that night. Maybe Adam told J something. Kaylee sounds upset in that video asking Maddie what she told Adam.

Jmo

ETA - also K was engrossed in her phone at the grub truck, maybe she was texting Adam about what Maddie said. Either way the police will by now know who and what she was texting.
At what time stamp does K ask M what she told Adam? Are you talking about the foodtruck video?

Hyundai occupant(s) not coming forward. Hinky or Not?
@annpats Yes.
How can the tragic murders of four uni. students be unknown across the US? In the PNW? State of Idaho? Ditto LE's appeal to the Hyundai occupant(s) to contact LE.

To us sleuthers, it may seem unlikely, but w. so many choices of MSM and soc. media in 2022, a person may be totally immersed in a topic, say sports (watching them on-air, on cable, on the web*) to the virtual exclusison of any non-sports news or events.

On the flip side, as a true crime devotee, I tried to think of football quarterback names besides Joe Namath; after Tom Brady, I came up empty. A sports fan would find the depth of my ignorance of athletics unfathomable.

So yeah, it's conceivable imo innocent Hyundai occupant(s) was not aware of LE's request so has not come forward.

Not personally convinced, but possible. imo jmo moo

I can see what you’re saying, but I think it’s a pretty big leap to say that not only has the white Elantra owner not heard of this crime, that he/she was very close by to, but also that everyone they know or associate with has also never heard about it (or you’d assume they would have been alerted).

No phones retrieved, K took 2 pics on the foodtruck video. 1 might have been an intentional selfie, and 1 appeared to be of M. Were those sent to anyone?

Not at all. Three people walk from the bar to a food truck and have a conversation, including naming someone. They part ways, and all three are not the suspect. The person who was allegedly named ... I hope they change their name for the next month to avoid people trying to link them to the murders.
Wow. I’m pretty stunned at the reaction to this article. I guess I shouldn’t have shared. My intention was never to dox hg or the newly named young person. To me, it gave some insight on the possible mindsets of the girls. It appears one was upset. MOO. I would think that would typically initiate banter among the group etc, but somehow it’s causing tension and for that I apologize.

You obviously didn't read the article or watch the video. PRIOR to the food truck, 2 females and a male walking down the sidewalk. One of the females said, "Maddie, what did you say to Adam". I thot (MOO) it was asked in an angry or very concerned tone. The other female reply's, "I told him every, everything".
It appears to me that you are just trying to undermine a reputable news outlet....
link the article?

Street smarts is irrelevant. It sure didn't prevent this violence given that these 3 women were killed while safely in pairs, in their own homes.
I agree that being in pairs, while wise, did not help them this time, tragically.

As you state, they were in their home, and IMO, the most "street-smart" thing they could've done is make sure all doors were locked.

If the exterior doors were locked properly, and the sliding glass doors and all windows were secured, it would've been difficult for the killer to have 1) entered while they were out in order to lie in wait (if that's the case) and 2) make it much more onerous for the killer to have gotten into their bedrooms.

An alarm system is vital, as well. Motion sensors and breaking glass sensors that would alert 911 and possibly awaken them in time to give them a chance.

I have lived in NYC all my life. The only ways to access my apartment are the steel door and my terrace. My door has three locks on it and my terrace is not accessible from outside (11th floor facing a busy street).

I believe no one in NYC would leave any door unlocked. It's just not done. I believe @CityKid and any other New Yorkers would agree with me.

I know that small towns like Moscow, and college life in particular, do not always lend themselves to locking everything securely. It may hamper the flow of social life.

But it would be safer.

Jmo

Last edited:
Yes, I knew he had been cleared. But what about the one circled in the image on the left, he has on dark shoes. Can you see that or am I losing it ???....(I'm so confused with the hoodie guys)?? Take a look and tell me if you see what I am trying to say. You can also see him standing behind and to the left of the original hoodie guy. Sure looks like two different people to me (height/build/shoes) Thanks!!!
Three people walk to the food truck. All three are visible at the food truck. They arrive together. The young man in the baseball cap/hoodie and light shoes is not a suspect. He leaves in a separate direction.

1671321204612.png

I noticed that as well, but I'm pretty sure it's the lighting. The overall resemblance with the hat...jacket..sweat shirt showing with open jacket and shirt showing below jacket convinces me it's the same person. MOO
If you look at the pics included in the FOX article, the 5th one down shows that there was 2 men that are wearing white hoodies with a dark jacket over the hoodie. One is standing with 2 other men on the left of the pic near the back, and the other, the one who walked with the M&K is standing alone on the right towards the back of the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage333