ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
At approx 23:30 in the video the officer catches up to the students in the field. In the background a girl is heard yelling "Stop it Stop!". She continues on, but I can't make out what she is saying. Does it sound like a girl annoyed by her boyfriend or something more sinister from a distance? The girl is heard on bodycam at 2:55am which is about 3min after Kaylees last call to J.D. Officers don't seem phrased by it. Thoughts?
JMO, there doesn't sound to be any urgency in that voice at all. Sounds pretty normal...from a woman's point of view, not panicky at all.

Timeline:
2:45-3:15 White Elantra caught on video going Westbound on Taylor Ave between Linda Lane and King Rd, perhaps turned up King Rd to closer walking distance of 1122.
3:00-4:00 murders occurred
3:12 am possible scream or tires screach sound
The Getaway:
We have no report of Elantra going back Eastbound on Taylor Ave, so let's suppose the perp was driving the Elantra, the only other way out of the neighborhood, is to take Walenta, but at some point the driver would have to leave Walenta to avoid curving back into Taylor Ave or Lauder Ave, which would return partially on same path he came in.
To avoid this he could turn from Walenta toward the south say on Conestoga Dr, maybe joining Sand Rd / Palouse River Dr so he could head east past Hwy 8.and points east.
3:45 am white car (unconfirmed if could be Elantra) seen speeding back Westbound on White Ave approaching Hwy 8 / Troy Rd, at the Exxon-Mobil station. (maybe he had to ditch his bloody clothing in here somewhere, in case he got pulled over)
We know LE request in or gathered video from Mobil station, a gym (Functional Fitness?), a ID state liquor store, towns of Troy, and Kendrick.
Highway 8 heading ESE and E seems to be the commonality among all these, so maybe the Elantra headed left on Troy Rd going ESE from White Ave.
Leaving town by Hwy 8 (a quieter road) makes more sense than traveling on US-95, which would have more traffic, witnesses, cameras, state police, etc.

Theory seems to be the killer entered via the sliding door. Not known WHEN he entered. Very possible he was in the house before everyone. And, who really checks a door, especially when they've been drinking.
Pretty close, and as good a guess as ever. Not really sure of the stalker theory. It hasn’t panned out for LE. Not to the scope of a quad homicide at least. Prior military. Skilled with a knife. Etc. Etc. Etc. ….

JMO, there doesn't sound to be any urgency in that voice at all. Sounds pretty normal...from a woman's point of view, not panicky at all.
I agree. I don’t believe there was any time at all for convo, or screaming, or anything (aside from scuffling, and grunting, or agonized moaning). These were all death dances. No one caught up in that is chatting, or screaming in the midst of the violent and rapid stabbings. They were all most likely hyper-focused on defending and/or avoiding the knife and killer. JMOHO

Timeline:
2:45-3:15 White Elantra caught on video going Westbound on Taylor Ave between Linda Lane and King Rd, perhaps turned up King Rd to closer walking distance of 1122.
3:00-4:00 murders occurred
3:12 am possible scream or tires screach sound
The Getaway:
We have no report of Elantra going back Eastbound on Taylor Ave, so let's suppose the perp was driving the Elantra, the only other way out of the neighborhood, is to take Walenta, but at some point the driver would have to leave Walenta to avoid curving back into Taylor Ave or Lauder Ave, which would return partially on same path he came in.
To avoid this he could turn from Walenta toward the south say on Conestoga Dr, maybe joining Sand Rd / Palouse River Dr so he could head east past Hwy 8.and points east.
3:45 am white car (unconfirmed if could be Elantra) seen speeding back Westbound on White Ave approaching Hwy 8 / Troy Rd, at the Exxon-Mobil station. (maybe he had to ditch his bloody clothing in here somewhere, in case he got pulled over)
We know LE request in or gathered video from Mobil station, a gym (Functional Fitness?), a ID state liquor store, towns of Troy, and Kendrick.
Highway 8 heading ESE and E seems to be the commonality among all these, so maybe the Elantra headed left on Troy Rd going ESE from White Ave.
Leaving town by Hwy 8 (a quieter road) makes more sense than traveling on US-95, which would have more traffic, witnesses, cameras, state police, etc.
This is pretty good…up until the bloody clothes scenario. I believe he was out of the paper suit before entering the car. He rolled it inside out (in a second) and stuffed it into a backpack with the knife and gloves, hat, etc. paper covered his shoes (hence no shoe prints or other evidence). He’s good. And as I wrote before, by all outward evidence and accounts it most definitely appears that this is NOT his first rodeo. Committing a crime of this magnitude is no easy feat, and he assuredly knew it would draw the attention it has to date. JMOO

Can confirm a sliding glass door ”lock” is easy to Jimmy. We had a break-in through a basement SGD, and the police officer showed me how easy it is to do with a screwdriver, in just a second. It doesn’t even damage the “lock.” Always have something that blocks the door from sliding open. It can be something as simple as a wooden piece cut to the right dimensions, or they sell metal pieces designed for this purpose, at all the hardware/building supply chains.
Theory seems to be the killer entered via the sliding door. Not known WHEN he entered. Very possible he was in the house before everyone. And, who really checks a door, especially when they've been drinking.
I saw this mentioned further down thread, and can personally confirm that it’s really easy to get around the locks on sliding glass doors. I woke up to someone entering my bedroom at 3am through a glass slider. I now have a broom handle jammed into the track. And a very large dog with a loud bark.

<modsnip> I think everyone is way over thinking it. This was a crime of passion focused on 1 target but the others were collateral damage. I think the perp was very close to the victim and snapped…..and that’s all I’m going to say about that.
Very close to "the victim" or a victim or the victims?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean up is an assumption. Peter Porco wore a painter overall while he attacked his parents with multiple axe blows - while they slept. Gloves and protective suit make cleanup easy. This was targeted, planned, pre-meditated. The suspect probably kept the knife not only because it is a tool, but because it is a trophy with memories.

The suspect could have stepped outside, removed gloves and overalls, put them into a plastic bag, sticking the knife into the dirt while walking away, and been long gone before the other 2 tenants woke up. The car ... it looks like the only mistake by the murderer, and clue. CCTV
Agreed that there may have been little or no evidence left in the car. Note that in the OJ case, there was very little blood in the vehicle, despite the scene.

I posted this before, but I’m personally certain the gas station car is not an Elantra. Elantras (top photo), like most cars, have the A pillar (the pillar that runs up the side of the windshield to the roof) painted to match the car. The gas station car (middle photo) has a black A pillar, more like a Veloster (bottom photo). I personally don’t think that’s from the dark, I believe if it were white it would follow the line of the roof. The taillights appear deeper than an Elantra as well.

That said, I’m also personally not convinced they have 100% certainty they’re even looking for an Elantra - from what I’ve gathered they’re basing it on eyewitness testimony or maybe video, both in the middle of the night, and little white compact cars aren’t exactly easy to differentiate with your own two eyes in the daylight, let alone at 2 am or whatever. All just my opinion of course, but I definitely have my doubts. :shrug:

View attachment 388554
same shape but no spoilers or and window line is wrong but this is a tough pic

Danny Rolling's trial:

@0:10 prosecutor: "Danny Rolling walked into an Army/Navy store and purchased... a Marine Corps Ka-Bar Knife."

Another similar crime.
My brother referenced this murderer when I shared this crime with him, the details, etc.
Most all high profile (and these four executions by knife are high profile), murderers seem to share numerous traits. There are parallels which only prove this killer may have read of Rollings. He also probably read about Cary Stayner, and countless other homicidal maniacs.

It sounds like the lock on the slider patio door was either damaged, or easy to jimmy. Police said there are no signs of a break in, nor signs of sexual assault.

Police indicate that the slider could be the point of entry, but there was no break in. The other door/ lock on the house is the keypad door on the parking level; front of house. No signs of a break there, but how many people had the code?

Or, did someone enter through the second floor slider and look around to see who else was in the house on the second floor, maybe asleep on the sofa or in an adjoining room, before going to the third floor?

View attachment 388380
I think kille
OT the constitutionality has been questioned but it’s really about revenue. Jmo. Culver City made millions while LA didn’t get back their investment.

Here’s the cams in Moscow, only on 95 (Jackson St and S Washington in town) and 8 (turns into 270 at WA line) the white car probably didn’t use those roads.
Traffic Cams Moscow ID

View attachment 388379
I think killer was familiar with house. I believe killer was at the house prior to all roommates getting home. There is no way some serial killer randomly targeted house, was able to kill 4 humans, including an athletic male visitor, and get away without any blood trail exterior of house. This was a known party house and from all the party trash and food trash left out night/early morning of killings, along with overflowed food trash exterior of patior 2nd floor door, beer cans galore polluting front of house and city garbage cans that appeared not full in front of house...killer was a welcomed guest at one time who seemed to be in hateful revenge mode time of slaughtering humans at house. Like seriously, even the exterior party lights were left on morning of killing which seemed to make it easy exit for killer. The fact that police have not made an arrest is because so many students jumped ship of in person UI college around time murders were made known to community. The answer of who did this will most likely imo be found on the digital devices of the 4 roommates and Sigma Chi boyfriend. When Ted Bundy did his random attack on sorority, Ted was not able to kill all of his victims. This is no Ted Bundy. This was an inside rage kill imo.

Clean up is an assumption. Peter Porco wore a painter overall while he attacked his parents with multiple axe blows - while they slept. Gloves and protective suit make cleanup easy. This was targeted, planned, pre-meditated. The suspect probably kept the knife not only because it is a tool, but because it is a trophy with memories.

The suspect could have stepped outside, removed gloves and overalls, put them into a plastic bag, sticking the knife into the dirt while walking away, and been long gone before the other 2 tenants woke up. The car ... it looks like the only mistake by the murderer, and clue. CCTV
I wrote this many threads ago. He wore a Dexter paper suit, women’s nylon stocking covering his hair and head, possibly cutout for the eyes, a paper suit with booties, hood (worn under the baklava), gloves and all. Nary a trace left behind, and the trace has to be located to be of any use. I believe he wore his kill kit into the home (via the sliders) and placed his backpack on the table. He went about eliminating the subjects he had come to kill, and then peeled off the coverings at the threshold or just outside of it. Everything including his special homemade blade is in the backpack. He walks away and either leaves via bike, car, etc., or (hope not) he resides nearby and within walking distance and the line of sight.
And remember…he had NINE GLORIOUS HOURS of a head start before the other roomates raised the alarm. That is the biggest tragedy. The time which passed after the crime was committed. JMOO.

This is pretty good…up until the bloody clothes scenario. I believe he was out of the paper suit before entering the car. He rolled it inside out (in a second) and stuffed it into a backpack with the knife and gloves, hat, etc. paper covered his shoes (hence no shoe prints or other evidence). He’s good. And as I wrote before, by all outward evidence and accounts it most definitely appears that this is NOT his first rodeo. Committing a crime of this magnitude is no easy feat, and he assuredly knew it would draw the attention it has to date. JMOO
I'm curious, why do you think there's no shoe print or other evidence?

Well now, NY Post put out an article yesterday stating that the body cam footage made by police busting those underage drinkers the night of the murders picked up a very faint scream that I think may (or may not) coincide with when the neighbor claimed to have heard it.

I, personally, have not heard it because I don't have noise reduction head phones, which may be needed.

I have heard it, without headphones, but not on this NYP clip. If you watch full body cam recording, it is obvious. IMHO, the fact that LEO did not pay attention to it might indicate something mundane. I think that policemen would have responded to a high-pitched human scream at night, at least at the level of reflexes.

Last edited:
Leave Adam alone imo. Hoodie Grub guy seemed to keep his hands to himself and tried to walk the girls home to safety but they bailed on him after getting Carbonara. Killer was probably in 1122 king house during grub hub. Remember, LE has said very little about Xena and Ethan activities and 2 1st floor roommates but we all know that M and K were "safe" with hoodie guy leaving Corner Club and while at Grub truck.

White Elantra is LE trying to come up with something after almost 5 weeks of no arrests.
Yup…that crossed my Mind too. Still grasping at straws. Yet, merely because LE doesn’t share info with John Q Public, doesn’t mean they aren’t gathering incredible evidence. Solving one murder takes time. Solving four…takes even more time and care. They want to get it right and make it stick. I’m hoping they are making headway. This type of situation is a nightmare for any department. My heart goes out to the Police and Feds working tirelessly to catch the killer or killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500