ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave Adam alone imo. Hoodie Grub guy seemed to keep his hands to himself and tried to walk the girls home to safety but they bailed on him after getting Carbonara. Killer was probably in 1122 king house during grub hub. Remember, LE has said very little about Xena and Ethan activities and 2 1st floor roommates but we all know that M and K were "safe" with hoodie guy leaving Corner Club and while at Grub truck.
Wondering if X&E messaged M&k or vice versa while at the food truck. LE should be able to glean a mountain of info off their phones and SM accounts.

2 door coupes aren't popular in the US anymore. It would have been great had the car been a coupe imo
Cheap 2 door, 4 cylinder, manual transmission cars are popular with young adults in the PNW. Stick on a loud muffler so you can hear it going through the gears a block away. I guess one could drive it quieter if needed.

Leave Adam alone imo. Hoodie Grub guy seemed to keep his hands to himself and tried to walk the girls home to safety but they bailed on him after getting Carbonara. Killer was probably in 1122 king house during grub hub. Remember, LE has said very little about Xena and Ethan activities and 2 1st floor roommates but we all know that M and K were "safe" with hoodie guy leaving Corner Club and while at Grub truck.
This is one of the weird things about this case. Why would HG need to be their protection? Idaho and specifically Moscow is one of the safest communities in America. Last time Moscow had a murder prior to this was 7 years ago. The biggest "crimes" that seems to be going there are drunk delinquents.

Yup…that crossed my Mind too. Still grasping at straws. Yet, merely because LE doesn’t share info with John Q Public, doesn’t mean they aren’t gathering incredible evidence. Solving one murder takes time. Solving four…takes even more time and care. They want to get it right and make it stick. I’m hoping they are making headway. This type of situation is a nightmare for any department. My heart goes out to the Police and Feds working tirelessly to catch the killer or killers.
What makes me pessimistic is that the longer this goes, the more time the killer has to clean himself up of any evidence - knives, cars, injuries, etc. I hope to God they have some ace in the hole and it's not the Elantra because... I don't know, I'm not going to be filled with much confidence if that's all they have to go on.

I'm curious, why do you think there's no shoe print or other evidence?
Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.

I think it bears repeating, because there are so many threads and so many posts that it can get lost, that the fact there was a problem with the locks means that a locksmith might have been called in.
Have we ever verified that X’s dad indeed changed a lock? That statement came from X’s mom, and it’s been speculated that she misheard the report where he said “changed a lot” and thought he said “changed a lock.” I’ve thought this made sense because X’s dad made no mention of changing locks when he visited the week before, and that would have been a relevant detail. IMO

Interview with X’s mom:

Interview with Jeffrey Kernodle:
“…when I went up there she, I saw her just a week before that and she changed a lot.”

This is one of the weird things about this case. Why would HG need to be their protection? Idaho and specifically Moscow is one of the safest communities in America. Last time Moscow had a murder prior to this was 7 years ago. The biggest "crimes" that seems to be going there are drunk delinquents.

What makes me pessimistic is that the longer this goes, the more time the killer has to clean himself up of any evidence - knives, cars, injuries, etc. I hope to God they have some ace in the hole and it's not the Elantra because... I don't know, I'm not going to be filled with much confidence if that's all they have to go on.
Agreed. I’m hoping they have a rabbit in the abracadabra magicians hat. If not, this will go stone cold.

A big motivation for murder is telling something someone doesn't want told. I can't get away from "I told him everything". Note- I am not naming any suspects as there are several scenarios I can think of (very likely some I can't) MOO

Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.
You keep stating all of your speculation as though it is fact. No one has any idea what evidence was left behind. No one knows how long the perp was in the house. Please make it clear that you're stating your opinion and making guesses.

Very close to "the victim" or a victim or the victims?
Collateral for sure. One target, most decidedly. How do you kill four people and get away with it? No witnesses. You don’t leave witnesses. No one saw him enter or leave. He had better vaporize and appear in the Elantra, or this will hit a dead end real quick.

I really think this has to be a stalker case and it probably is Kaylee. Probably some one close to her, a work or school colleague at some time or other. Someone that went into a rage and planned this out. I don't think all 4 were in the initial plan. I believe he hid out in the apartment and waited, probably had the wrong room and murdered the couple. Then went and found who he was looking for. He looked for her car "Kaylees" and noticed the other two roommates down stairs and waited upstairs for her to arrive. Which makes me think he is not from around Moscow which means to me he is from her hometown or Texas, wasn't she living in Texas prior? That is my thinking.
I tend to agree with this statement. Feeling like a hometown issue with her. Been my thoughts since early on.

You keep stating all of your speculation as though it is fact. No one has any idea what evidence was left behind. No one knows how long the perp was in the house. Please make it clear that you're stating your opinion and making guesses.
Sorry. Yes. It’s my opinion, and I’m speculating. Although I do recall a comment made by investigators that the criminal was “sloppy” and left a messy crime scene. One can only speculate as to what they were inferring. This is a puzzling riddle of a case. I hope it is solved soon.

Agreed. I’m hoping they have a rabbit in the abracadabra magicians hat. If not, this will go stone cold.

IMHO it's the woofle dust they are missing, if they can obtain some of THAT they can pull off anything...

Yup…that crossed my Mind too. Still grasping at straws. Yet, merely because LE doesn’t share info with John Q Public, doesn’t mean they aren’t gathering incredible evidence. Solving one murder takes time. Solving four…takes even more time and care. They want to get it right and make it stick. I’m hoping they are making headway. This type of situation is a nightmare for any department. My heart goes out to the Police and Feds working tirelessly to catch the killer or killers.

Hoodie Guy had his hands in his pocket and kept his distant from physical contact with the girls no hugging. He was probably promised a party at the house or something or maybe even cared that the girls were drunk to the point of not being able to walk home safely. Until LE explains the reason or any reason why killer was able to exit house after murdering four victims with a knife and zero exterior blood trail...I tend to think killer was friend of house that knew he/she could shower and change clothes prior to leaving crime scene. One cannot stab/slice victims from distance. There was close killer to victim contact with at least one fighting back. I could understand one alive roommate not waking up but two...makes no sense this was a random killer.

I’m a little older so this is common knowledge to me, but

SEDAN = 4 doors
COUPE = 2 doors

LE has stated “sedan” so 4 doors. (Also stock image shows 4, pretty sure that’s not an accident.)

Replying to my post:

I also have
I thought I had remembered they had specified a sedan also but couldn't find a link for that.
But I did discover that Hyundai Elantra's first coupe (2 door model) wasn't made until 2013. So, there are more chances that it's a four door model than a 2 door - But I don't know how our masterminds (I envy your math skills!) who are figuring the numbers and odds of finding this vehicle of interest (VOI?) will be able to use this fact in their computations. Bless you!
Ah thank you; I also CANNOT find a specific reference from LE directly stating “sedan”! So you are correct & I misspoke, apologies everyone!

I think I was seeing anecdotal stories as posted below (third sentence) but these are not “from the horse’s mouth”:

However; FWIW I do still think it’s most likely a sedan. MOO

Sorry. Yes. It’s my opinion, and I’m speculating. Although I do recall a comment made by investigators that the criminal was “sloppy” and left a messy crime scene. One can only speculate as to what they were inferring. This is a puzzling riddle of a case. I hope it is solved soon.
What we do know is that there was no blood trail exiting house....cause if there was, there would be yellow markers or more crime tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong