ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find! I wasn’t familiar with that.

Sorry I can’t go back & thread properly, but in an earlier comment, you asked about actual hunters involved in killing humans, IIRC. My immediate contribution to that list, in addition to Israel Keyes, is Robert Christian Hansen. For those not familiar, don’t read before bed:
Robert Hansen - Wikipedia
MOO! Hansen's psychological profile is my major reason for thinking the killer chose a knife as a weapon and the cover of darkness to act. "In his youth, he was painfully shy, had a stutter and severe acne that left him permanently scarred. Not receiving the attention he wanted from the attractive girls in school, Hansen grew up hating them and nursing fantasies of cruel revenge." At one point he burned a school bus. One of his kidnapped victims escaped, handcuffed, from the backseat of his Piper Cub and fled to the nearest highway where a trucker picked her up. She begged to be dropped at a nearby motel where she pleaded with the desk clerk to call her boyfriend, NOT THE POLICE. John Douglas predicted the killer would be an experienced hunter with low self-esteem, have a history of being rejected by women, and would feel compelled to keep "souvenirs" of his murders. He also suggested that the assailant might stutter. While incarcerated Hansen was diagnosed with manic depression and periodic schizophrenic episodes. The shrink who made the diagnosis noted that Hansen had an “infantile personality” and was obsessed with getting back at people he felt had wronged him. He felt important, even God-like, when hunting kidnapped women in the long night of the Alaskan bush. MOO again! I've thought from the very beginning that this killer is going to be shyly non-descript, weird but not scary, possibly with a list of lesser crimes against both people and places and something noticeably aberrant like a limp, bad teeth, a skin disorder or yes, even a stutter. I wish the BAU would release what they're thinking because Douglas hit Hansen square on. With this depth of description someone might immediately recognize him. Robert Hansen - Wikipedia Amazon.com: The Butcher Baker: True Story of Robert Hansen the Human Hunter (True Crime Explicit, Book 2) (Audible Audio Edition): Genoveva Ortiz, True Crime Seven, Michael Goodrick, Sea Vision Publishing, LLC: Audible Books & Originals This book is free with Kindle Unlimited, not great writing but totally terrifying

MOO! Lab results are not all back. I'm guessing this is an acceptable MSM but it's reported elsewhere, too. I'm also guessing that LE might encourage DNA samples from certain people (or, like JR, who demanded that LE do their swab) but I'm more inclined to think they will surreptitiously obtain the DNA from their favorite suspect(s) once all the lab results are back. Then, if there's a match, they'll obtain a warrant. Moscow investigators still waiting for results from university stabbings crime scene
Thanks for referencing that article.

It's certainly understandable that a scene of that complexity would garner a longer wait time from the lab.

The DNA is the biggest piece of the puzzle that I hope they eventually have.

I appreciate the information. I wasn't aware that someone voluntarily did that.

That could mean that they have a foreign DNA profile from the scene or it could mean that they still are waiting to get conclusive results due to what you have outlined with the difficulties from such a messy scene. Of course, it could mean nothing at all.

I also wouldn't tell anyone if I myself submitted a sample of my DNA.

DNA is the biggest aspect to this case in my opinion. It's hard to imagine the killer getting away with not leaving any. Whatever the situation is, LE isn't telling anybody.
As it was a multiple stabbing, the killer would be drenched in blood (sorry for visual) and very very likely to have cut himself. Apparently blood is the consistency of motor oil, very slippery and easy for his hand to get accidentally cut too.

All moo

Such a horrific event, its hard to even imagine

As it was a multiple stabbing, the killer would be drenched in blood (sorry for visual) and very very likely to have cut himself. Apparently blood is the consistency of motor oil, very slippery and easy for his hand to get accidentally cut too.

All moo

Good point.

With that said, I wonder what blood evidence they have found outside the bedrooms and throughout the house.

I'm make a pretty confident assumption that there was blood in other areas of the house that also could help paint the picture of the killer's movements.

All my opinion.

Maybe LE, State, and FBI know who this perp is from the clues they've collected, and speaking to people. Now, they need positive screenshots or videos of the car in certain places. Same with the social media, they need a trail of where he's been, doing what, etc. to get their case ready so a judge will sign off on the arrest warrant. Let's hope that this is what's going on, since this is all they've ask of the community.
M00

All moo

They were lying horizontal in the beds asleep, possibly with bed covers over.

The perpetrator may not see the wounds beneath let alone splatter. The bed covers hide the wounds.

Police think it was a targetted attack.

Police believe the attack was 'targeted,' but have declined to give their reasoning behind that notion. Captain Roger Lanier said: 'You're going to have to trust us on that at this point because we're not going to release why we think that.'

Authorities are checking if they can link the four students' murders to Oregonian Travis Juetten, 26, who was also stabbed to death with a long knife in the middle of the night last year.

I think the perpetrator goes the males first. I would be looking at his wifes social media, university? Other interests. She was vegan.

The couple were stabbed to death in their bed on 13th at 3am. The wife survived 19 stab wounds.

The news link you posted has an outdated information (Published:November 24, 2022), LE responded on November 27, 2022 informing the public that the stabbing case in Oregon and the Idaho university murders have no connection.

Moo, This case is evolving daily as new information comes in. I would caution against reading too much into earlier reports as they’re not as reliable.

Moo, This case is still in a very active phase of investigations. When it’s appropriate, context will be added, individuals will be cleared, and a suspect will be arrested. :)

From Moscow PD website:
  • There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”

33A4520C-D63D-4CD6-BAE0-281ABFD13114.png

King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

Last edited:
Perhaps. Yet they were aware of the housemates approximate return to the home. They probably heard the four when they all communed in the kitchen (eating food truck grub and chatting) before heading to bed. Presumably - things quieted down and then went totally FUBAR. JMOO.
Ha ha, nice Tango & Cash reference at the end there. Totally agree!

The news link you posted has an outdated information (Published:November 24, 2022), LE responded on November 27, 2022 informing the public that the stabbing case in Oregon and the Idaho university murders have no connection.

This case is evolving daily as new informations comes in.

From Moscow PD website:
  • There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”

View attachment 390562

there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”

cool! Thanks

Moo, This case is evolving daily as new information comes in. I would caution against reading too much into earlier reports as they’re not as reliable.

Moo, This case is still in a very active phase of investigations. When it’s appropriate, context will be added, individuals will be cleared, and a suspect will be arrested. :)

From Moscow PD website:

View attachment 390562

there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”

cool! Thanks
Also, the ‘targeted attack’ claim was something the police said in the early days of the enquiry but don’t seem to have repeated recently.

Does a road continue passed the parking lot, or does it dead end there?
A labyrinth of escapes, some where a car could be parked higher, but a pursuit vehicle would have to go around. Yet low see through fences allow escape. Someone can walk through backyards without too much fuss really. I wouldn't think it uncommon there be the odd student gone wayward through a property on home from a party.

Screenshot_20221229-085231_Maps.jpg

1122 King Rd

Not always. Compulsion is more personal, and a strong, usually irresistible impulse to perform an act, (especially one that is irrational or contrary to one's will). Whereas motive is defined as the underlying reason for any action. To justify the behavior. Human beings can operate from a variety of motivations, many of them often negative. Pride, anger, revenge, a sense of entitlement, or the desire for approval can all be motivating catalysts for our actions.

I can relate to your brother. Growing up in a certain environment and area can trigger automatic “running” from the Po Po too. Cat & mouse.

Next…Dog the bounty hunter will show up to help SOLVE the homicides. Please…NO. I too detest the side show.
a strong, usually irresistible impulse to perform an act,

That is a motive. Maybe we don't understand it but the killer does.

the underlying reason for any action.

The killer feels compelled to kill = motive.

JMO

They were lying horizontal in the beds asleep, possibly with bed covers over.

The perpetrator may not see the wounds beneath let alone splatter. The bed covers hide the wounds.
You are probably correct. Sadly I think this individual who doesn’t think as you or I do, possibly threw back the covers afterwards to admire their deed.

Yes, the pact is, you don't murder my siblings

People keep coming up with reasons the door might be left open, but well versed stalkers breakin prepared.
Xanas dad was fixing locks. I dint think this was accident.
Another reason to target the house also, security was poor. The house was easier than many others.
The house was a perverts dream.
After police arrive a couple of months earlier, perhaps this is the incentive to fix the lock. No apparent party on the 12th while they were out. so this seemed to be under control that evening

Sigma Chi lies to the north of the murder house; the door with keypad lock is on the north. West is to the left.
Thanks. So the CCTV footage catches “potentially” the Elantra driving west, but never sees it return. Which means if that is the same car from the gas station footage, it’s needs to come out and go left then ago down Walenta towards 95.

Franternities/exes/random people they interacted with all are within walking distance - IMO the individual(s) in the car lived further away, but still from Moscow - because they seemed like they knew the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado