ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone remind me how they came up with the white Elantra to begin with? Witness, surveillance video, or what?

Once they had that, I'm sure they identified a white Elantra from a grad student at WSU, then realized he was no longer in Pullman and began searching. After locating, they surveilled him while waiting for DNA or prints to come back.

We don’t know how LE targeted the white Elantra. They might even have identified him as a prime suspect, first, and discovered that he drove it. Or, video, or possibly video AND eyewitness. I don’t think eyewitness alone, because LE wouldn’t have felt so confident of the make, model, year of the car. (Eyewitnesses notoriously can’t be relied on that much.)

MOO

When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,”

What does that mean? It's scary to think there might be someone else involved.
I think he said it to throw crap in the game.

If you go onto Maddie and Kaylee's instas and search 'bryan.' in their followers, he is there. He has also liked loads of both their recent pics. He doesn't follow Xana, and the girls don't follow him back. Creep... he only follows 110 people too, strange
Careful because there are a lot of troll accounts so it might not be him

Let's start checking our guesses.

1. Was the suspect a hunter? Answer still not known. Anyone have an update?

2. Was the suspect in the military? IMO Not likely if he was a 28 year old PhD student. "Online records indicate Kohberger appears to have been pursuing a doctorate in criminal justice at Washington State University in Pullman, less than 10 miles from Moscow. Shortly after his arrest, the university took down a grad student page listing his name." Link:
3. Did the suspect drive a white elantra? Yes. "Police also seized a white Hyundai Elantra matching the description of the car that police had earlier said they were trying to locate from the scene." Link: Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the Idaho murder suspect

4. My number 1 question is still this. How did he learn the location of the victim's King Road house? Online or IRL? PhD students don't usually go to undergrad parties or undergrad watering holes. Anyone have an update?

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?
I wonder if he has any connection to the unconfirmed suspicion that KG had a stalker. He could have crossed paths with them somewhere and developed an obsession from afar. MOO

Nothing unusual about that survey for a criminology student. This student just happened to commit a horrible crime. Sole blame is on the perp and not the university.

The questions that are open answer seem rather voyeuristic in the current context of all this. Asking for how and why people committed their crimes, how they picked victims, what they were thinking, etc.

woot! exciting stuff @10ofRods. IMO JMO WSU is busy scouring those HR records for any slip. This could be, from a civil standpoint, quite the mess for them.

It does take me wonder if the is why BAU was on scene immediately, some other connection. Now I want to see if he worked out, had upper body strength. jmo imo

<modsnip>

BUT, I stand by my initial theory that this murderer would be associated with schools - and an older student or student type. I'm not impressed with his academic background at all and would love to hear what his current professors have to say about him (and we may, at trial). And I also think we'll find that he lurked around the fringes of undergraduate life. Both WSU and U of I are predominately undergrads.

I would bet a whole box of donuts that he was working out, cutting body fat (he's SO much more lean than in earlier pictures - even after his graduation pictures from DeSales).

I bet WSU administration is pretty upset. I can't wait to hear if he has any prior criminal background (I predicted yesterday that he would have a history of criminality - but not necessarily a record).

It's almost as if, in planning his life of crime, he decided to start out with a Huge Memorable Crime, realizing early on that he had such a goal and thinking a lot about the surest way to achieve that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's start checking our guesses.

1. Was the suspect a hunter? Answer still not known. Anyone have an update?

2. Was the suspect in the military? IMO Not likely if he was a 28 year old PhD student. "Online records indicate Kohberger appears to have been pursuing a doctorate in criminal justice at Washington State University in Pullman, less than 10 miles from Moscow. Shortly after his arrest, the university took down a grad student page listing his name." Link:
3. Did the suspect drive a white elantra? Yes. "Police also seized a white Hyundai Elantra matching the description of the car that police had earlier said they were trying to locate from the scene." Link: Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the Idaho murder suspect

4. My number 1 question is still this. How did he learn the location of the victim's King Road house? Online or IRL? PhD students don't usually go to undergrad parties or undergrad watering holes. Anyone have an update?

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?
Regarding point #4, I’m wondering if there might be a connection between Xana’s Jack in the Box bag from Pullman and the incomplete picture of E&X’s whereabouts that evening. Probably not, but I could understand why time spent in a particular part of Pullman might have been kept close to the vest if LE had already identified this WSU student as a POI. This is pure speculation.

Edit to add: The apartment being searched at WSU is about half a mile from the Jack in the Box. Could be totally unrelated, just adding more context to my wild speculation.

Last edited:
As others know, the suspect was a graduate student in criminology! Does sound Ted Bundy-ish! I always thought K was the target. I'm starting to wonder about alternative theories, such as:

1. Was the killer a former Sigma Chi fraternity member and was he at that party where X and E were also.
2. Was he obsessed with X and was she the target.
3. Did the killer meet X and E at the party for the first time and went back to the home with X and E.

Regarding the disposal of the vehicle… maybe it was titled in the name of a relative. He couldn’t sink it in a lake and have the relative report it stolen. Drawing attention to it would have been the last thing he’d want to do IMO.

So my next question is, did he park the car what he felt was a good distance away from the victim’s house? Maybe he mistakenly thought if he parked a few blocks away it wouldn’t be linked? How did he not think of cameras? MOO

There were the names of two professors as "principal investigators" (in charge of) his survey. I see certain issues with the survey but frankly, it's a really typical survey topic for a master's level person in criminology at a university without a big research program (where it would likely have been a larger grant process).

I seriously doubt he got his master's degree by forging professor's names on his projects, but I suppose it's possible.
When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,” Entin wrote in a tweet, adding, “I’m told he had a ‘quiet, blank stare.’”

Just speculation, could it all be for research? (all involved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value