ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not debating your opinion, and I could be very wrong, but I don’t think Albrightsville, Pa is affluent. If I’m not mistaken, it has a super high poverty rate.
Yes, according to Wikipedia it has a population of 138. It's difficult to believe that he grew up/spent his childhood there. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he grew up somewhere completely different once all the facts come out. I'm not saying he grew up "rich". My thought is more along the lines of upper middle class, stressed the importance of higher education (thus the PhD program-not a cheap educational background), and parents who are blindsided Bryan could do such a thing. IMO of course.

Presser I believe is 2 PM MT and 4 PM EST.

Tricia is carrying the presser live on youtube channel
and will be live for 1/2 hour beforehand.....link below:

I will be watching this! I want to give Websleuths Youtube channel lots of watchers!! It’s the one place you can come for honest discussion!

I think he believes that he was savvy enough to throw off LE. Throw them off enough to make himself NOT the prime suspect. Wonder if he purposely left a red herring at the crime scene?

I think he knew, for at least a couple of weeks, that they were onto him. The constant drum beat of that Elantra. He had to rethink every moment of Nov 12-13 and wonder what they had. I was convinced they had found the Elantra two weeks ago, because while it was still up on the MPD website as an ask from the public, Chief Fry started shifting to other topics (and then to context).

He must have had some idea that his DNA was left at the scene. Or something else got dropped.

He knew it was just a matter of time. IMO.

All of this is JMHO - but I think it looks like BK on the corner stool by the door. The hoodie makes him look younger than 28 - he fits in (compared to if he was in button-down shirt like in his ID badge pic). Curly dark hair, slim build.

And it looks like his eyes are fixed on the pair of victims.
Same eyebrows.
He's giving that Norman Bates look

Question for folks familiar with academic research in the social sciences. I see that BK began his study (on Reddit) after he graduated with his MA from Desales and before moving to Washington State for his PhD. With three months between programs, does that seem like a reasonable timeframe to begin a new research project with his alma mater?
good Q
maybe he go his MA for other research and this was a side project IMHO

It might be that he fell in with some criminal or other while undertaking his research and the two conspired to commit the crime. Heck, he might not even have done the deed himself, but provided material assistance, such as a getaway car. We just don't know as of yet.

He's being charged with murder though.

Somebody posted a video on twitter showing media etc in his hometown. You could see a sign in the background that says Indian Mountain lake, so I googled it. Here is the website and note there is a link on their site about the FBI Raid today :oops::oops::oops:

Unfortunately, you have to login to read the post.

There would not likely be final exams for doctoral students. There would likely be term papers due, research projects, etc. Once doctoral seminars were no longer being held for the semester, a PhD student could do the work from anywhere.
He might have had some obligation to the courses he was either teaching or assisting with (TAs can teach intro undergrad courses in some fields or he may have been assisting a full-time professor). All of that work might have been done via online educational platforms like Blackboard or Canvas so he might have been able to leave the Washington campus.

I keep thinking back to that press conference where LE said something about watching for what is missing, what should be there but isn’t, etc. I wonder if colleagues or close associates of BK, who may have already thought he was weird or odd, noticed he stopped coming to school or did not return from Thanksgiving break, connected it to these killings, and then tipped LE off. If I felt like my coworker/classmate was a suspicious person, and then suddenly a quadruple homicide occurs 10 minutes away and this person is also missing, it would raise a lot of red flags for me.
Maybe just car -Elantra- no longer parked at apartment

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Authorities in Pennsylvania arrested a suspect in the killings of four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in their beds more than a month ago, a law enforcement official said Friday.

The killings initially mystified law enforcement and shook the small town of Moscow, Idaho, a farming community of about 25,000 people that had not had a murder for five years. Fears of a repeat attack prompted nearly half of the University of Idaho’s over 11,000 students to leave the city and switch to online classes.

Arrest paperwork filed in Monroe County Court said Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was being held for extradition to Idaho on a warrant for first degree murder.

A law enforcement official confirmed the arrest to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the official could not publicly discuss details of the investigation ahead of a formal announcement expected later Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson