ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspect was trying to participate in a research project at DeSales University “to understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime.”

IMO, this makes me think back to a couple of previous posters who stated that we would be shocked when we found out who had done this. Yes, I’m shocked
I literally posted here a week or two ago that it could be anyone including Santa's elves and I wouldn't be shocked. Criminology PhD student posts a survey asking how people felt during and after committing a crime, then kills four people...OK, that shocked me because it sounds like a pitch for a really lame fiction book.

JMO - but he was attending college in PA at the time of those, LE has stated no connection. Appears he just moved to this area this fall given May 2022 masters graduation.

Lot of sick people out there though. Glad this one is in custody for the new year.
They can check travel records to see if he came out west to check out the school.

No. He is apparently enrolled for Spring. IMO.

Doctoral programs are typically three years. He got a Master's from DeSales. He entered WSU Fall 2021.

I wonder if they'll let him take online courses in jail. He's still innocent under the law. Most jails don't permit it, but some do. What a bizarre possibility.
Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

Media stating he was arrested at his family home. Just started a PhD program in August, so likely a PA resident who has a student apartment in Washington state for his studies.
Sad for his parents and family. Family probably never suspected because he had such a high profile education and was a teaching assistant.

Yeah I don't know I should be making dinner but I just keep thinking about if anyone in his family thought it was weird that he happened to go to school miles from the crime scene and he happened to drive a white elantra?

I mean imagine a crime occurred near where a family member of yours worked and LE announced they were looking for the car your family member drove. Wouldn't you think it weird? Maybe he told his family he cleared himself already.

Believe it or not, i'd say the vast majority of people haven't even heard of this case or anything else about it. I work in a place with hundreds of employees and have not found a single person who knew much about it. It is possible they literally do not know. The attention bias is generally strong with websleuths in general. How could they NOT know about it, right? Reality is that unless one partakes in news often or is a sleuth themselves, they may not have heard about it. Loads of other things going on in the world.

JMO - but he was attending college in PA at the time of those, LE has stated no connection. Appears he just moved to this area this fall given May 2022 masters graduation.

Lot of sick people out there though. Glad this one is in custody for the new year.
I wonder if he chose the University in Pullman so that he could explore the crimes committed in the region. I believe his motivation is research based.

If he was in Pennsylvania when the request for a White Elantra sighting to be reported. What would it look like returning to Washington and hiding his car in some way. He was done. And knew this would lead to him being investigated

any verified LE or attorney want to opine on why Fry was emphasising they needed more public tips on BK?

is that normal?
It's normal. Now that they know who he is and he's in custody, they want to learn everything about him. He'll be on trial and they need to know everything they can to both prove their case and preempt the defense arguments.

Most importantly, they will want to know if he's spoken about the crime or if he's done anything related to the crime that other people can report on that can lead to more admissible evidence. What if he gave the knife to someone? They could get the murder weapon back! Think along those lines.

Next, they will want to know any inculpatory or exculpatory facts. Did he have a really bad childhood with trauma that the defense may use to try to explain his actions. You want to try to know to the best of your ability everything about the person you believe is responsible. The defense does not have the same duty to turn over evidence to the prosecution so the prosecution has to do as much work as they can.

Also, they will want to look into where he was before this. His DNA will be run through CODIS and maybe he will be connected to other crimes. Maybe there's a pattern of behavior that escalated to this.

All things they want to know to help in their charging and prosecution decisions.

Msm is so frustrating. I just saw on this thread pictures of the murdered students and Xana's age was given as 30. I didn't save the article to include with my post.
I haven't seen an article saying she was 30 anywhere. However, articles can have typos in them, usually a correction is issued though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam