ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE stated at the press conference that BK was being held in PA w/o bond, and that he would be held w/o bond in Idaho. They are very confident in their case because that bond hearing won't happen until late next week or later (if BK fights extradition). I'm a bit surprised they made that comment, no matter how obvious it may seam.

Or BK's public defender?
Moo-
Quite possibly so! Just heard news analyst say it may have been preserved in preparation or concern the public defender may find it unfair the defense wasn’t allowed an opportunity to view the crime scene as is before professional cleanup.

I Think it was a good move legally.

Just goes to show it didn't need to be an ex-Military Hunter, with ninja training who once worked as a butcher or taxidermist.
However, it did come from someone older, a male, physically fit, a background in criminal justice, a passion to know the criminal mind, well planned to complete the act, rural Pennsylvania mountains, knowledge of a knife and how to use it.

We will learn if it was personal relationship motivated or just exploring his passion and how to perform based on other criminals.

This afternoon's "All Things Considered" program led with this story. They said that the authorities had enough evidence compiled yesterday afternoon (Thursday) to arrest someone, and finally were able to do so at 3am, although I'm not sure in which time zone. ATC starts at 4pm Central time in my area.

Just a few minutes before I heard that, I was standing in line at the grocery store, and one of the celebrity rags, IIRC The Star, had a headline implying that "they" knew who did it. I saw that the woman in front of me was buying a magazine, and asked if it was that one. She said it wasn't, so I told her why I had asked. She had been following the story, and so had the man behind me, but neither of them had heard about the arrest.

The suspect asking if anyone else was arrested(assuming this to be true) would require LE to make sure there is no evidence they have that shows there could be any others involved. They will be looking into a lot more at this point to be absolutely sure (no extra driver, no one involved) JMO.
Or, if he had someone who was driving the Elantra to drop him off and pick him back up, for instance, maybe he was concerned that that person had confessed all they knew. JMO

If i'm the detective interviewing, the very first thing I bring up would go something like this,

"You're a criminal justice major. You're working on your PhD. How do you not consider the fact that we'd spot your vehicle driving into and out of the crime scene or that we'd pull your DNA?"

If he hangs and shakes his head and doesn't say anything that would be pretty telling.

Hope not repeated info from elsewhere. Responding to queries from previous thread about professional students and background checks. In PA for example nursing students are required to have fingerprints run and background checks.
Pharmacy students do too, mainly for boards, so they know the right person is taking the exam.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.
If the car stays in Pennsylvania that would mean the defense would have to fly people out there if they want to go over it themselves. JMO.

Did Kohberger WANT to be caught?

For an individual studying for a doctorate in criminology, Kohberger seems to either have acted out of uncontrollable rage or deliberately made an effort to lead police to him. The crime of breaking into a house occupied by six people in a closely grouped residential area was already risky enough for him, but when LE released the photo of what is apparently his vehicle, the white Hyundai Elantra, Kohberger HAD to have known it was only a matter of time until a SWAT team was breaking down his door and pointing guns at him.

Yet Kohberger simply retreated to his family home and seemingly undertook minimal effort to hide the suspect vehicle (LE apparently found the car right away upon Kohberger's arrest).

Why didn't he run and hide in some obscure location where LE would've had to made a serious effort to find him? Leaving the country was an option too, yet Kohberger choose to stay at a location that would've been the first place LE would've search for him. One could argue that Kohberger was arrogant and overconfident he could successfully elude suspicion, but once LE released information about the suspect vehicle there could be no doubt police were quickly closing in on the suspected killer.

Had this crime been committed by a homeless person with an eighth grade education, one might assume the killer was merely simple-minded and incapable of planning out an complex crime, but someone working toward an advanced graduate degree in the very field of criminology would've normally been much harder to capture.
1. does he have a passport
2. does he have any $
3. does he care that he is in confinement?

Can someone explain why it there is so much emphasis in media stories about BK that he was an ultra-vegan and a Libertarian? Do Libertarian vegans murder people often or something? I mean, seriously?
I thought it was odd that he wanted his aunt and uncle to buy non-meat pots; was he living with them? Wanting non-meat pots hardly sounds like an indication of criminal propensity. Source: My bf uses his own pots to cook meats and I have my own non-meat pots; neither of us are murderers.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.
I would think that if the Prosecutor thinks the car is significant to the case, it will be put on a trailer and hauled back to Idaho. Too easy for Defense to make a spoliation claim otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner