ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I’m guessing, based on the 4 day surveillance and then, all of a sudden, an arrest warrant. Was he home for Christmas, someone provided a tip (family member?), they got surreptitious DNA and got a match?
No idea who may have provided tips, but lots of admiration and thanks for the combo of people from Pennsylvania State Police and FBI who gave up Christmas with their kids to watch this guy from a cold car in the blackout dark Poconos - remember this was an epic cold snap, ten degrees F at points, and this is a reasonably rural environment - and document, document, document to help eventually ensure successful prosecution.

He looks quite imposing I think, even in that video of him collecting his degree he looks well built.

Doesn't seem that imposing to me. Seems more like an average sized guy. I'm a few inches taller and weigh 40 pounds more than that so maybe it's just me thinking that.

Either way, don't really need to be that big to take out someone sleeping. Just my opinion of course.

Thinking tonight about the first officers to walk into that, particularly the top floor. I expect that they’ll be in counseling for quite a while. … Thinking about the families, of course, always. Also thinking tonight, honestly, about BK’s immediate family. I try to imagine what I would do in a similar position and I can’t. Don’t even know where I would start.
I am so torn on this. As a mother I truly feel for these parents. On another hand, if he is so psycho where did that come from? Are they weirdos, too? It is the whole nature vs. nurture argument. Are people born this way? Or did something creepy happen in his childhood. I feel guilty about everything that has to do with motherhood. I would blame myself 100% if my son did something like this.

I had to duck out for a bit so don’t know if this has been posted.
The info about a 2015 Elantra comes from an official update on the Moscow PD FB page:

3726F226-E3DC-4175-880B-5E0F7F013F40.jpeg

Doesn't seem that imposing to me. Seems more like an average sized guy. I'm a few inches taller and weigh 40 pounds more than that so maybe it's just me thinking that.

Either way, don't really need to be that big to take out someone sleeping. Just my opinion of course.
Well, that’s the beauty of opinions and how we all see things differently :)

When I look at the known facts of the crime and the possible motivations that fit those facts such as misogyny, revenge (probably for a narcissistic injury), or enjoyment, all of the motives point to a narcissist/sociopath/psychopath.

Also, someone already posted a tweet from someone in MSM that included a portion of this quote:

"Roberts started the program in August — along with Kohberger, he said — and had several courses with him. He described Kohberger as wanting to appear academic.

'One thing he would always do, almost without fail, was find the most complicated way to explain something,' he said. 'He had to make sure you knew that he knew it.'"

Source: What We Know About Bryan Kohberger, Suspect in University of Idaho Murders

As averred by the other poster—sorry, I don't recall who it was—that is classic narcissistic behavior.
I bet if he had got away with this he would have enjoyed discussing it in class/his research/with other students & lecturers generally knowing he committed the crime/the motivate/the investigation etc but that those around him had no idea.

I'm betting the second the prosector said "you've got enough now" they got their warrant and that was that with some strategic planning with SWAT. JMO
MOO! I think LE made the announcement at the same time as the Celebration of Life because it gives mourners some sense that closure is coming, and I also think the families had a hint to due Ben Mogen's statement that he was convinced the killer had made a mistake. This would be shortly before the FBI started surveillance in PA. I doubt Chief Fry made any promises, but I really think the families were told that someone was now a suspect.

I think Newsweek's approach is reaching a bit, since Bundy probably killed 10X more women than
Kohberger, but its all about page views these days. MOO

From Newsweek:

"The suspected murderer of several Idaho college students is drawing comparisons to serial killer Ted Bundy after mugshots began making their way across the internet Friday.

The suspect arrested in Pennsylvania Friday—Bryan Kohberger—was a Ph.D. student in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University, nearly 300 miles from Bundy's alma mater. Bundy received his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, majoring in psychology, before moving on to law school at the University of Utah."

YAY!!! I know it's already been announced but if you're like me, someone who likes reading various sources to compare or in hopes of getting an additional nugget the last guy didn't report, here is yet another source of the Best. News. I. Have. Heard. All. Day.....

I don't recall it being said which court issued the order or who requested the court to issue the order. I would imagine to preserve it for a jury to see would be impractical as it will be months before this even gets before a jury and could possibly be a couple of years if it's a death penalty case. JMO but there must be another reason.
moo

I’d guess that his defense attorney would want to swab every square inch of the place, looking for ‘unidentified DNA.’ And, having it cleaned up and released at almost the exact moment that they’re arresting someone would NOT look good.Better to let the defense do their posturing.

MOO

That's another layer here. This happened near where their son/brother lives and works. You'd think it would be of interest - even neighbors saying, "Oh no, did you hear about the murder near where Bryan lives? Is he okay? Did he know them?" Etc etc.

I don't buy that no one in his family knew. Not in today's world.
Hmm, I don't know about that. How likely is it in the US that the neighbors or even the parents would know that some nondescript little college town in one far away state is near another nondescript little college town in the neighboring state where someone they know is going to school, and be concerned, and so they would then slavishly follow weeks of news reports on this case to learn about LE's interest in the Elantra?

Maybe time will tell, one way or another.

A criminal justice type degree doesn’t give you a guide on how to commit the perfect murder though and even if it did, there’s so many more aspects to actually doing it that has nothing to do with any education. The adrenaline, the mental aspect, the physical aspect etc.

And that may be true but driving your car to the murder scene?

criminal justice majors should know about cameras. They would know that LE would comb through the idaho campus and WSU campus looking for any student registering a Hyundai Elantra.

But I suppose it's like any other field. You have your top doctors and then you have your d list doctors. a list attorneys and d list attorneys so on and so forth.

The suspect could be a vegan hunter? Now that would be wild. JMO.
He butchered four humans with a knife. To my knowledge no one has substantiated granola vegan beliefs with MSM here? (Will be curious if that does appear). Control play, OCD, like a kid who doesn’t want his foods to touch on a plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer