ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I don't know about that. How likely is it in the US that the neighbors or even the parents would know that some nondescript little college town in one far away state is near another nondescript little college town in the neighboring state where someone they know is going to school, and be concerned, and so they would then slavishly follow weeks of news reports on this case to learn about LE's interest in the Elantra?

Maybe time will tell, one way or another.
"Slavishly follow the news."

Do you guys really never have conversations with other people in the world about current events? Do you really never speak about your lives to anyone else? I find this fascinating. My parents' friends and neighbors ask about my brother and I all the time. How's Alethea doing up in Boston, how's Alethea's brother doing down in Atlanta? Did you hear about the snow in Buffalo? Did you see there was another shooting, so sad. These are normal things that normal people talk about.

The idea that not one person in BK's family's social circle has ever watched the news and connected that their son is at school 10 minutes from the most-covered crime story in 6 months is just wild.

Yeah I don't know I should be making dinner but I just keep thinking about if anyone in his family thought it was weird that he happened to go to school miles from the crime scene and he happened to drive a white elantra?

I mean imagine a crime occurred near where a family member of yours worked and LE announced they were looking for the car your family member drove. Wouldn't you think it weird? Maybe he told his family he cleared himself already.

It's completely bizarre to me that his parents didn't know that he lived near these murders. But, I suppose, we don't know his parents. It's so weird. Maybe he did tell his family he was cleared.

Or pretended to be assisting in the crime in some way (would not surprise me at all).

In that case, his poor parents.

They may not let him.

MOO
It's possible he gets a Chris Watts type deal where it's plead guilty to murder and get a mandatory sentence of life w/o parole since Idaho has the DP. Saves the county a bunch of money and the families a long painful trial.

Unless you were, uh, thinking it might be a good moment to get your Elantra out of Moscow???!!!
I hear your point though and I agree, if I lived in NE PA and had chosen to go to grad school in Western Washington, I’d fly for sure, though it is a beast of a flight/drive. Hour and a half drive to Spokane, at least six hours to Newark NJ (EWR) if you hit the connection perfectly and that’s rare, and then at least two hours drive to Effort, PA, best case. This is more likely a 12-24H undertaking even flying. In an underlying way this brings up something I don’t know if we’ve talked about, which is - why WSU? Desales isn’t blow-the-lights-out academically (source link: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/desales-university-3986), but he was Dean’s List there (source link: Dean’s List for Spring 2019: Traditional Undergraduate Students). Why WSU for PhD track? Unconventional choice, geographically.
Not suggesting this means anything, but the link to the "graduate student" page is not currently working (Graduate Students). I was thinking similarly. I know many move far for school. I always thought the Pacific Northwest was very nice and affordable, which I realize that might not be the best reasoning for selecting a doctoral program. Given where he is from in PA, Pullman seems like a good fit but also not a very stressful place (perhaps too calm for him?)--from wiki: "Pullman is in Whitman County and is one of the best places to live in Washington. Living in Pullman offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Pullman there are a lot of parks." <modsnip: sleuthing family members is off limits>

Random, but he looks like his nose has been broken in the past and a significant break. I've broken mine a few times and it's mostly still straight. His looks like it should have been surgically repaired and wasn't. Wonder what happened?
Not that I put a lot of confidence in the Daily Mail, but they reported that some one who knew him said he had become aggressive and was a bully. That could give you a few punches in the nose.

It's completely bizarre to me that his parents didn't know that he lived near these murders. But, I suppose, we don't know his parents. It's so weird. Maybe he did tell his family he was cleared.

Or pretended to be assisting in the crime in some way (would not surprise me at all).

In that case, his poor parents.
Right, agreed. I think it's much more likely that he lied to everyone that he already went to LE, maybe he even told them he was helping with the investigation as a soon-to-be Doctor of Crime. He allegedly didn't flee home after the crime so maybe that alleviated the suspicion. Would he stay there if he did it? But I just don't buy his family "not knowing" about this crime.

I just saw some stuff taken from a feed that was posted by an Anon poster. It had a date of Dec 12. If it was truly him who posted, OMG.

Interesting article from the Daily Beast
I saw that, too.
It's possible BK told the police something only the killer would know ?
Thanks for the link !

"Slavishly follow the news."

Do you guys really never have conversations with other people in the world about current events? Do you really never speak about your lives to anyone else? I find this fascinating. My parents' friends and neighbors ask about my brother and I all the time. How's Alethea doing up in Boston, how's Alethea's brother doing down in Atlanta? Did you hear about the snow in Buffalo? Did you see there was another shooting, so sad. These are normal things that normal people talk about.

The idea that not one person in BK's family's social circle has ever watched the news and connected that their son is at school 10 minutes from the most-covered crime story in 6 months is just wild.
Idk, having that conversation in a group of friends would be a mood dampener. We avoid negative stuff like that.

No idea why they’d emphasize that he’s a Libertarian. But in my opinion, it’s extremely significant that he was an ultra-vegan—for six weeks we’ve been hearing non-stop speculation that he was a hunter, because, you know, they kill animals. And they have knives!

So, there’s great irony there, and great opportunity for us to learn.

MOO
can you link to the ultra vegan source? ty

Not sure if this has been posted, probably has. I can't possibly scroll and roll through this many pages.

This is him receiving his Masters Degree in Criminal Justice from DeSales University in May 2022, in Allentown, PA:

I’ve been thinking about the 911 call for a few days. Officer Snell, ISP, states in 11/18, five days after the murders that the room mates were potentially witnesses, potentially victims.
Due to the withholding of that call and the hermetically sealed off survivors and family members, friends, who arrived before LE, we haven’t been able to explore that important piece of the puzzle. We have accepted as fact that the roommates did not hear or see anything. I’m not convinced that is in fact, true. No point in speculating at this point.
With the now pending release of the call, I believe we are in for a few new shocks and greater insight into the series of events. MOO
Brian K is a real piece of psychopathic work. IMO
KUDOS to the FBI and Idaho State Police!!
I agree. I'm personally interested in hearing what the roommates have to say. If they'll say anything at all. They've been encouraged to keep quiet.

Random, but he looks like his nose has been broken in the past and a significant break. I've broken mine a few times and it's mostly still straight. His looks like it should have been surgically repaired and wasn't. Wonder what happened?
Not that I put a lot of confidence in the Daily Mail, but they reported that some one who knew him said he had become aggressive and was a bully. That could give you a few punches in the nose.

Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?

I just saw some stuff taken from a feed that was posted by an Anon poster. It had a date of Dec 12. If it was truly him who posted, OMG.

Interesting article from the Daily Beast
Weird to see he took classes in heating and air when they randomly had that HVAC crew come in in the beginning. Probably not related but just weird link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288