FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Charlie Adelson Probable Cause Affidavit, during a meeting between Charlie and Katie (post bump), Charlie indicates he's given Katie's husband a Go-Pro as a gift. She proceeds to say it isn't enough and that Charlie should have given him THE FERRARI! She's goes on to tell Charlie that she really wants an Escalade! It turns out that Katie is trying to extort MORE from Charlie! I had no idea! It pays to read these affidavits. So, while Charlie has the FBI guy breathing down his neck, Katie ups the anti on goodies AND asks for a RAISE for cleaning his office (Which she never does)! You can't make this stuff up! She wants: the Ferrari, a boat, an Escalade and MORE money! So, Katie is no shrinking violet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 23-53-04 Justice Dan Markel Case Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 23-53-04 Justice Dan Markel Case Facebook.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 35
In the Charlie Adelson Probable Cause Affidavit, during a meeting between Charlie and Katie (post bump), Charlie indicates he's given Katie's husband a Go-Pro as a gift. She proceeds to say it isn't enough and that Charlie should have given him THE FERRARI! She's goes on to tell Charlie that she really wants an Escalade! It turns out that Katie is trying to extort MORE from Charlie! I had no idea! It pays to read these affidavits. So, while Charlie has the FBI guy breathing down his neck, Katie ups the anti on goodies AND asks for a RAISE for cleaning his office (Which she never does)! You can't make this stuff up! She wants: the Ferrari, a boat, an Escalade and MORE money! So, Katie is no shrinking violet.
Unbelievable! She’s definitely no shrinking violet - I have never believed that act on the stand. That’s why it’s so mind-boggling for her to not give Charlie up! He was just a mark clearly.

Katie was in it for the long game, which, imo, plays in to her refusal to take a deal until now. And speaks to just how she will maneuver while trying to make a deal. This chick is shrewd. Also, she was getting lots of free travel perks with Charlie as well.

How stupid does Charlie have to be to give KM this kind of leverage? Too cowardly to do the dirty job himself I guess. But to think that he can involve 3 people and get away with this is so stupid. You basically have indebted yourself for life to this woman. She’s an albatross around your neck forever!! Not to mention her gangster baby daddy and friend. Then once y’all are caught it’s pretty much guaranteed she will throw you under the bus to save herself. (She took a long time but she got there eventually.) What a dumb plot!

I feel like if he did the deed himself, chances of him getting away with it increase drastically.

How stupid does Charlie have to be to give KM this kind of leverage? Too cowardly to do the dirty job himself I guess. But to think that he can involve 3 people and get away with this is so stupid. You basically have indebted yourself for life to this woman. She’s an albatross around your neck forever!! Not to mention her gangster baby daddy and friend. Then once y’all are caught it’s pretty much guaranteed she will throw you under the bus to save herself. (She took a long time but she got there eventually.) What a dumb plot!

I feel like if he did the deed himself, chances of him getting away with it increase drastically.
Agree completely. Though I wonder if it was cowardice that kept him from doing the job himself or simply the arrogance in thinking he had it all worked out.

I had forgotten how demanding KM was after the murder. How fitting that Charlie descended in to a hell all of his own making. Given that she was behaving like this before her arrest, there seems no reasonable chance of her keeping her mouth shut all this time if there wasn't something in it for her. Horrible people!

I had forgotten how demanding KM was after the murder. How fitting that Charlie descended in to a hell all of his own making. Given that she was behaving like this before her arrest, there seems no reasonable chance of her keeping her mouth shut all this time if there wasn't something in it for her. Horrible people!

Katie's value as a go-between was quickly fading from the time of the bump going forward. During the Dolce Vita recording, CA asserts to her that he'll spend whatever it takes to eliminate ANYONE who's a threat to his family. This in ADDITION to killing the "extortionist." Is this a veiled warning to HER and she's not getting it? Or IS she getting it?

After the murder, Sigfredo calls Katie to tell her the murder is done. She says, "I know."
How does she know?
CA, DA, HA, KM are in Miami.
SG and LR are in the car on the way back to Miami.
Who among the (alleged) conspirators is in Tallahassee and near enough to the crime scene to hear those two anticipated gunshots? Who is parked nearby within earshot? Who of the alleged conspirators was near enough to recognize a man they likely met with Katie when they partied at CA's home (where CA roomed with Dr. Obed - according to his deposition) in the past? Who of the alleged conspirators knows WHO to look for during the crucial time between when the boys are dropped of at school and Dan's flight out of town? Who of the alleged conspirators is in Tallahassee and knows Dan's schedule? Which one of the alleged conspirators is recognized by one of the killers?
How could Sigfredo know Wendi on sight? Maybe, because, as Dr. Obed testified, they met before?
Is it possible that owing to the first aborted attempt to murder Dan, someone in Tallahassee was given the task of lingering around the crime scene to make sure they heard the gunshots and report mission accomplished to both KM and CA? JMO.

Last edited:
Is it possible that owing to the first aborted attempt to murder Dan, someone in Tallahassee was given the task of lingering around the crime scene to make sure they heard the gunshots and report mission accomplished to both KM and CA? JMO.
I don't think this is likely. If it were arranged locally by Sigfredo or Louis, they would stick out like a sore thumb in Dan's neighborhood. I also can't imagine Wendi would enlist a confidant. Do we know how long after the shooting Sigfredo called Katie?

Last edited:
I don't think this is likely. If it were arranged locally by Sigfredo or Louis, they would stick out like a sore thumb in Dan's neighborhood. I also can't imagine Wendi would enlist a confidant. Do we know how long after the shooting Sigfredo called Katie?
I'm not suggesting a confidant. I'm wondering if Wendi was given the task of hanging around the vicinity to wait for the sound of gunshots. JMO.

The whole convo between Sigfredo and KM where she says “I know” was overheard and testified to by Rivera. I just don’t find that very convincing. Not saying he made it up. But he could’ve just thought that’s what she said. She wasn’t on speaker phone. He’s hearing/interpreting what she’s saying from a removed position. Over Sigfredo’s phone pressed to the ear. Not strong evidence IMO! I don’t think she said it!

I'm not suggesting a confidant. I'm wondering if Wendi was given the task of hanging around the vicinity to wait for the sound of gunshots. JMO.
Well it could prove that W did not fire the gun, imo.
Any chance the whole thing was KM's idea, or that it was actually she who did the nasty, would the A lawyers suggest it? speculation.

The whole convo between Sigfredo and KM where she says “I know” was overheard and testified to by Rivera. I just don’t find that very convincing. Not saying he made it up. But he could’ve just thought that’s what she said. She wasn’t on speaker phone. He’s hearing/interpreting what she’s saying from a removed position. Over Sigfredo’s phone pressed to the ear. Not strong evidence IMO! I don’t think she said it!
I accept this conversation as accurate. When I am driving with my wife, I hear virtually 98% of the calls she receives. However, it would be easy to simply ask KM now that she is singing.

My guess is Wendi whatsapp'd Charlie after she drove to the out-of-the-way liquor store and saw the crime scene tape or police activity near Dan's house. Charlie would have passed that on to KM. Also, police scanners are streamed online so KM or Charlie could have been listening in to those communications.

If memory serves me correctly, Wendi was ruled out as a suspect almost immediately after the investigation began. Why? I get that her whereabouts during the murder were accounted for, but it seems shortsighted not to pursue her as a lead right away, particularly given the acrimonious divorce and Jeffrey L interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246