ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find the attorney's verbiage, as quoted in the CNN article, interesting.

RBBM

"awe"??

Per the online Oxford Dictionary:
awe
/ô/
noun
  1. a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.
    "they gazed in awe at the small mountain of diamonds"

awe definition - Google Search

Not quite the term I would have used.

JMVHO.
It's a phrase that was made popular and yes it is being misused in this instance.

I think if LE had been transparent about their suspicions, he may well have done. But the six week delay with seemingly little progress in terms of the information released to the public might have made him feel safe - maybe even untouchable. It would explain why he felt comfortable keeping the Elantra.
I agree but even better for actually getting away!

My clients that think they're smart end up in the most trouble. The people who called me from Dubai, Qatar, Spain, Israel, El Salvador... who knows what they're up to? Obviously the many varieties of fraud are different than murder in terms of extradition but still, this world is a big place.

Maybe LE asked the father to make the trip, hoping BK would confess on the drive- will be interesting to learn when Dad bought the airplane ticket out to Pullman WA-MOO...
If they asked the parents to do that, and they agreed, why not ask for them to hand over dna evidence sooner? I’m not disagreeing that it’s a possibility. I just think that’s a significant amount of time to ask parents to hide (from their kid that will be driving & staying with them) that LE is closing in.

I find the attorney's verbiage, as quoted in the CNN article, interesting.

RBBM

"awe"??

Per the online Oxford Dictionary:
awe
/ô/
noun
  1. a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.
    "they gazed in awe at the small mountain of diamonds"

awe definition - Google Search

Not quite the term I would have used.

JMVHO.
"Shock and awe" is a military strategy of using overwhelming force at the start to overwhelm the enemy quickly. I think the lawyer was just being dramatic about the FBI showing up at 2am with guns out.

I would drive between Wisconsin and Texas by myself all the time. I drove in the summer though. I'm also a she. This was 45 years ago.
Winter driving is always risky though. Never know what to expect. Car pooled to Texas one December and it was a disaster. (Illinois decided it was an ice rink) I flew back!
Eeek! I know -- I was driving alone WA to AK at age 28!! (I also think if it was his frat brother that made the trip with him it would not be questioned). JMO

LaBar is BK's attorney in PA

“Mr. Kohberger is eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible,” LaBar said.

LaBar later told CNN Kohberger arrived in Pennsylvania around December 17 to celebrate the holidays with his family.

“His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together,” LaBar said.

He said Kohberger’s white Hyundai Elantra was found at his parents’ house, where authorities apprehended him early Friday. LaBar said his client’s father, Michael, answered the door to police. Father and son were both cooperative, he said.

Maybe LE asked the father to make the trip, hoping BK would confess on the drive- will be interesting to learn when Dad bought the airplane ticket out to Pullman WA-MOO...
And the hypothetically informed parent says, "Son, we need to get your car cleaned beyond belief!" "How can I provide an alibi for you?"

Parents are unpredictable and I don't believe LE would trust them with something like this.

No, I don't believe this happened! MOO

Very disappointing that their lawyer (and SG) took time away from the celebration for Kaylee and Maddie to be certain to plant a cliffhanger rather than share their information (if any) directly with the detectives. It's time for this duo to step back and protect the integrity of the prosecution for all the victims. MOO
could not agree more!!!!
With all due respect to you, I tend to disagree in regards of stained car. He certainly did not account to leave his DNA behind, at the crime scene, but somehow managed to do exactly that.

He certainly did not account his car to be spotted near the crime scene and linked to the crime, but it was.

With all due respect to you, I tend to disagree in regards of stained car. He certainly did not account to leave his DNA behind, at the crime scene, but somehow managed to do exactly that.

He certainly did not account his car to be spotted near the crime scene and linked to the crime, but it was.

I believe the DNA is the strongest part of their case: in fact, it is the case at this point. Even though there may be lots of DNA in that home, the DNA found around the bed and on the victims would obviously be the most significant. I have heard time and time again that perps who stab victims often hurt themselves in the process, leaving their own blood at the crime scene. that may have occurred here so they may have his blood mixed with one or more of the victims: They got a match through genealogy since there was no match in Codis.

I also think he was “sloppy” because his intent wasn’t to kill all 4 victims. I think he went for one in particular and the rest got in his way.
\Hard to believe he wouldn't have known who was inside, my gut tells me he probably watched that house for a few days prior, and he picked a time to enter when most would assume all would be home, probably asleep or close to it.

Your past few posts had me convinced (so good job making a case!) but now I'm not sure. If they knew he was in WA and they knew who he was and they had probable cause for the arrest, why wouldn't they arrest him in WA/ID and not have to deal with the long trip to PA and extradition? What if he intentionally crashed his car on the drive home killing himself? Seems like a risk to not pick up the person as soon as you believe you have probable cause for an arrest.

I am leaning towards maybe they identified him (so he was a POI) but they didn't get the DNA back until recently. They might not have thought just his car on video was enough for probable cause. Or worried that a good lawyer could argue it's not enough and then he's out and he knows he's on his radar.

I struggle a bit because if they knew who he was, they know how dangerous he is: he killed 4 random people in one of the most gruesome ways possible! What if he was going to do it again? Don't they have a bit of a duty to take him in as soon as possible? The MSM so far seems to only say he was trailed for a few days. I wonder if they had him under surveillance for a long time and felt he was "contained" enough to not have the risk of this known dangerous person be free to kill again.

I hope this PCA contains enough evidence that we can learn about the investigative steps too.

It will be interesting to see the evidence and what it is that led them to this man and when they ‘knew’ it was him.

It is beyond risky to track him across the country, especially if he has another driver with him. How easy would it be to stop briefly in the middle of nowhere and slip out of the car.

Your past few posts had me convinced (so good job making a case!) but now I'm not sure. If they knew he was in WA and they knew who he was and they had probable cause for the arrest, why wouldn't they arrest him in WA/ID and not have to deal with the long trip to PA and extradition? What if he intentionally crashed his car on the drive home killing himself? Seems like a risk to not pick up the person as soon as you believe you have probable cause for an arrest.

I am leaning towards maybe they identified him (so he was a POI) but they didn't get the DNA back until recently. They might not have thought just his car on video was enough for probable cause. Or worried that a good lawyer could argue it's not enough and then he's out and he knows he's on his radar.

I struggle a bit because if they knew who he was, they know how dangerous he is: he killed 4 random people in one of the most gruesome ways possible! What if he was going to do it again? Don't they have a bit of a duty to take him in as soon as possible? The MSM so far seems to only say he was trailed for a few days. I wonder if they had him under surveillance for a long time and felt he was "contained" enough to not have the risk of this known dangerous person be free to kill again.

I hope this PCA contains enough evidence that we can learn about the investigative steps too.
MOO- police want the knife and hoped BK would lead them to it. They had him under surveillance so no worries about him being able to harm someone else. The knife is crucial evidence to removing any possible doubt. MOO that LE calculated giving BK space and time might get them the knife. After 3 weeks of watching/waiting, they pulled the trigger as still no knife...JMO.

What just blows me away is that he was apparently too stupid to think two steps ahead on this. What smart killer drives their own car to commit an outrageous quadruple murder in a small town? IDGI. jmo imo.
I think this goes back to being “targeted.” He didn’t want to kill just anybody (bc it would have been less risky, for example, to kill someone who lived alone in a remote area). He wanted to kill someone in THAT house. It was a very risky crime in so many ways - a densely populated area, full of students coming and going at all hours, the fact that there were 5 people living in the house, any of whom could have awakened and gone to the kitchen, etc., the dog, stabbing as opposed to an “easier” method, etc.

I don’t think he was trying to pull off the perfect crime, unless he was trying to make it as difficult a crime as possible to get away with to further boost his ego if he did.

If I recall, LE said they had to wait until the prosecutor gave them the go ahead on the PCA. So I think it may be possible, as you said, they were waiting on the last bit of evidence. JMO

What just blows me away is that he was apparently too stupid to think two steps ahead on this. What smart killer drives their own car to commit an outrageous quadruple murder in a small town? IDGI. jmo imo.
Yeah I know. Cycling or even walking would be better. Wear a hoodie, mask, gloves, mask.

Maybe he thought that since it was registered in PA it wouldn't be tracked to him.

It must've been an impulsive decision to commit the murders.

No DNA and no vehicle would make the case unsolvable.

So, BK’s father went to Idaho to drive back to Pennsylvania with him before Christmas. Leads me to believe there is no visible blood in the car. I honestly think this guy wore protective clothing that he shed outside the home after the murders.
Washed the fabric, which may made the stains difficult to spot but still easy to detect with forensics.
could not agree more!!!!

I believe the DNA is the strongest part of their case: in fact, it is the case at this point. Even though there may be lots of DNA in that home, the DNA found around the bed and on the victims would obviously be the most significant. I have heard time and time again that perps who stab victims often hurt themselves in the process, leaving their own blood at the crime scene. that may have occurred here so they may have his blood mixed with one or more of the victims: They got a match through geneology since there was no match in Codis.
He way had scratches on his face, too, as some of the victims tried to fight back. It was reported that he grew facial hair after the murders, as he may had to conceal some scratches or bruises. This meaning that there might be his DNA (skin) under some of victims nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean