ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion, what would be the reason the FBI software would have made an incorrect match to the cctv image they surely had of Kohberger’s Elantra, getting the color, make, and model right but being slightly off on the year?
I had wondered from the get-go if this was an exact description or just enough to alert the public and pressure the car owner.
The average person wouldn’t know what year a make/model was, but could at least know of a white Elantra and a creep owner in the vicinity.

What does it mean that the parents Pocono house was raided at 3am? If the police were tailing dad and Bryan back the entire cross country trip wouldn’t it be easier to arrest them at a gas station when they stop to fuel up? Or right when they pull in the driveway while unloading luggage and hugging mommy? Seems a lot more dangerous to go banging on a serial killers door at 3am to make the arrest. Isn’t there a lot more risk of either him taking his own life or return fire etc?

If someone was banging on my front door at 3am I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t open the door. I’d be calling 911:)
JMO but I wonder if they were waiting till they had sufficient evidence to ensure a successful arrest and prosecution

It has been reported that the crime scene was very similar to the Manson murders. Writings in blood on the wall and one victim being singled out for a more torturous death (Kaylee).
Respectfully snipped and bolded by me (RSBBM).

Can you provide the link to this information? I can't find it anywhere in msm. If it's true then that's huge news. What did he write? MOO.

Don’t the DA or Judge need to sign off on a PCA? There had to be reason to believe that they had the right car and that the dna placed him at the crime scene. All very telling.
Yes, a judge always needs to sign off to approve a warrant. I'm just wondering if the DA had other evidence besides the car connection and genealogy DNA.

Last edited:
If they already had him in their sights, why release the Elantra tip at all? It generated a whole lot of tips and extra work just to mislead a POI. It would be even more misleading to let him think they don't know about his car at all. IMO
I agree. I’m not understanding how they honed in on him in the first place.
And what the whole national search for the Elantra was, going so far as to say in press releases, if you own one or know someone who does, tip it in.

Even your own car.

What on earth was going on?

As late as December 27 they were releasing:

Progress continues to locate the white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra believed to be in the immediate area of the King Road residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe the occupant(s) may have critical information to share regarding this case and have identified over 22,000 vehicles. If you know of, or own, a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this specific vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

I agree with you 100%. The original post was in the thread before this one, so I could not quote it directly from his original post. I’m just trying to figure out where the OP got the idea that the suspect was anti-LGBTQ. It just irks me when things like this just get thrown about with no proof, and further on down the line for some reason becomes fact merely because so and so heard or read it from so and so…

B.K.Norton, a WSU student, mentioned the anti-LGBTQ remarks.

If he was doing heroin in high school, as a former classmate indicates, he knows drugs. What drugs might be used for his drastic weight loss program??
I don't think he is a meth person. Maybe coke but where would he get it? How would he support it? Where would he get any drug for that matter? I bet he has spice history.

I wonder if he is going to have his own tight circle of friends despite being generally portrayed as a loner in media?

In certain circumstances you can actually get from point A to point B faster in a car than a plane...even long distances...IMO

Also, this: Airlines have started rebooking flights across the U.S. as winter weather intensifies

the weather started early in the PNW obv (west to east) and it was bad by 12.21, so IMO JMO if they were planning ahead, maybe drive was the best choice (of course, we would need to know when his dad booked that ticket before jumping into this too much)

and also, flights from Pullman/Moscow to PA are spendy per my search for tickets from Pullman/Moscow airport to Allentown and Pittsburgh PA (just googled but I don't want to link the sites, so I'll add iMO JMO).

IMO JMO He could have driven to Spokane or Coeur d'Alene, but that's a few more hours and it's still not that cheap. Flights are much cheaper out of Seattle, but that's a 5-hour drive, and it can be no fun at times because I-90 and Snoqualmie Pass can be a mess IMO JMO IME and he'd also have to park the car at SEATAC.

https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/mountainpasses/snoqualmie.

So IMO lots of potential arguments from the dad/son roadtrip JMO.

edited to enter info about ticket price google and Snoqualmie pass

Last edited:
On a related note, do you think that he tries to either drag down or implicate the famed professor/author that he worked with?
I think that his choices will be limited by evidence presented at the arraignment. Prosecution will present the reasoning behind their findings of guilt. Then, well, he will be faced with the reality of an offer for life imprisonment by confession or the likelihood of execution after trial.

No way. This guy wants the guts and glory of a big flashy trial with weeks and weeks of coverage.
He doesn't give a damn about sparing his family anything. I think he has Daddy issues, and will relish his father's suffering and humiliation.
He will never reveal the true extent of his crimes.
Pennsylvania State Police should start looking at cold cases going back about ten years, when this maniac started killing. Particularly in the Scranton and Poconos regions.

I highly doubt that the creep frequented any restaurants, because of his vegan "purity of pots and pans" fetish.
would like to know when he began eating vegan

I believe the DNA is the strongest part of their case: in fact, it is the case at this point. Even though there may be lots of DNA in that home, the DNA found around the bed and on the victims would obviously be the most significant. I have heard time and time again that perps who stab victims often hurt themselves in the process, leaving their own blood at the crime scene. that may have occurred here so they may have his blood mixed with one or more of the victims: They got a match through genealogy since there was no match in Codis.
One such case was here on this site where a 'stabber' sought treatment at a local hospital after stabbing his ex-lover over 55 times. So yeah, it definitely could have happened that BCK wounded himself with the knife (likely when 1 or more victims fought back is my thinking). Either that or his skin under one of their fingernails.

NYPD said that Bonola had been treated for wounds to both hands at a hospital on Saturday.

Again, source was divorced wife of an uncle and she didn't specify when this occurred. Could just as easily have been a phase he went through as a youth.
There's no evidence he was in any way controlling at this time, is there?
Apart from the charges against him.
We have conflicting reports from vague witnesses, he was bullied; he was a bully.
Which is it folks?

Evidence that he was controlling at that time exists with in your own statement (witnesses state that he was a bully).

Bullies can make a variety control / attention demands- then suddenly stop after they get tired of the "game". The ultra kosher vegan demands may have been such a game.

Being bullied and being a bully are in no way mutually exclusionary concepts. Over the years, my family has assisted a variety of at risk youth types in various ways.

I have had first hand experience with young individuals who were bullied in the past- and now currently bully others (well, when they can get away with it). In short, the bullied to bully road can be a cycle with some individuals.

Last edited:
If there is a nick or flaw on the blade, it can, doesn't mean it will. If there is something unusual about the blade and it hits bone and leaves a mark, it can leave a tell tale sign. If the guard happened to be chipped or misshapen, and left a mark on the body it could be identifiable.

I can't say that the average ME would see or notice it, assuming such identifiers exist on the knife, but they could.

However, if it was a knife with serrations and those were used to "cut" ( more like saw), it's harder to see imperfections. Exception being if one of a set of serrations was damaged.

You could have that one in a million everything lines up and X knife and only x knife could have done this, but it's usually something along the lines of "any knife of this size and shape missing a tip (as an example) could have been the murder weapon". If the suspect happens to have one of those, circumstantial evidence. If there is a blood match to a victim from blood wedged between the guard and the blade or handle, physical evidence. If by the powers that be a broken tip knife matches a tip found in a victim and the break matches perfectly, go buy a lottery ticket. ;)

Jmo based on personal experience.
So matching a recovered knife to a victim isn't quite the same as matching a bullet found in a body or a shell casing left at a crime scene to a specific firearm. Thanks.

I think he drove it back to PA so he could sell it. He obviously can't sell it in ID/WA because of how "hot" white Hyundai Elantras are, but he might be able to sell it in PA.
If the car was not registered on his name, he would not be able to sell it. It was not up to him.

He had to make a case and persuade the owner to sell it, the question is if the owner was willing to accept his arguments whatever they may be, apart from real ones.

He wanted the car out of Idaho, he could not do anything else (see above) so he had to drive it away, followed by FBI all the way

The truth is he got himself in a trap with the car.

How he could not oversee this happening before deciding to move on with killings, is something I struggle to comprehend. His arrogance is his downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish