ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
would like to know when he began eating vegan

I started to think 'huh?' and then bingo. This might matter. I saw an earlier post that said it wasn't connected, and I agreed, but then, I saw your post, and I thought twice. Specifically, I thought of how I became a veg/pescatarian. I remember the exact spot. I was out with a friend shopping, and I turned around and unexpectedly saw meat for sale (open market, wasn't expecting it). Just a few days before I'd seen my first bodies splayed open in a hospital ER. In that moment at the market, I saw animal muscle/bone and my brain immediately linked to the recently seen human muscle and bone, and that was it for me. and you know where I'm going with this... I wonder if... imo jmo so excellent point and thinking outside of the norm box, @acutename*

*also, whenever I see acutename, I wonder if it's a cute name or an acute name (this definition: having or showing a perceptive understanding or insight; shrewd.

Last edited:
A lot of people drive with no seat belt. In my state you cannot be pulled over for a suspicion you may not be wearing a seat belt, but you can be ticketed if you are pulled over for something else, like a light out or not signaling properly (maybe because a light is out). I don't know WA rules.
In my state it's common to get pulled over for speeding and if the cop is feeling friendly, just gives a seatbelt ticket which is a non-moving violation and a tiny fine. Basically a recorded warning.

I so agree... he IS 28 years old. I feel as if much of the discussions here are relating to him as an early 20 something.

Mom owns his car.
Dad helps drive him home.

I still wonder where he was between 2012ish-2016/17. Everyone says how "smart" he is... why start at a community college already into his 20s???

I really feel things are missing.
I agree. Seems like a huge disconnect here.
IMO.

Odd that his father flew out and drove home with him. Pricey and time-consuming option, vs. BK just flying home on his own. I guess he just needed to get that car in PA? MOO.
Plus the weather. LE will have to ask family if he always intended to fly home at Christmas time. How long was his winter break?

[…]

Jordan Serulneck, 34, lives in Center Valley, and is owner of Seven Sirens Brewing Company. Serulneck says Kohberger came to his brewery a few times and female staff would often complain about his behavior. Serulneck said the brewery is located in a college town and it’s not unusual for them to get “unusual characters,” but he remembered Kohberger from some interactions he had with female patrons and staff. He said Kohberger often come by himself, sit at the bar and be “observing and watching.”

Serulneck said staff scans everyone’s ID’s and they have a system where they can add notes about a patron that pop up whenever the ID is scanned.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable.’” Serulneck said Kohberger would ask the female staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived. He said if the women blew him off, “he would get upset with them a little bit,” noting that one time he called one of his staff members a b---- when she refused to answer his questions.

These interactions were months ago, Serulneck said, likely when Kohberger was a student at DeSales. During their final interaction Serulneck said he approached Kohberger.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues.’" He said Kohberger was taken aback. "He was shocked that I was saying that, and he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. You totally have me confused.’” He said Kohberger had one beer and left and he never came back to the brewery.

[…]

In my state it's common to get pulled over for speeding and if the cop is feeling friendly, just gives a seatbelt ticket which is a non-moving violation and a tiny fine. Basically a recorded warning.
Is that a seatbelt ticket even if you were wearing one? Because it's a non moving violation as opposed to a moving violation? (No way that would happen in my state. Speeding tickets are big money makers)

If he was doing heroin in high school, as a former classmate indicates, he knows drugs. What drugs might be used for his drastic weight loss program??
amphetamines usually.
I'm more interested in the type of rehab he allegedly received and whether it was in any way controversial or harsh on his psyche..

That is wild speculation on my part.

He appears to have swapped the alleged heroin with an intense exercise programme.
But it is all alleged I fear.

Idaho murder suspect Kohberger's Pennsylvania classmates say he was 'bright,' awkward, bullied in school

ALBRIGHTSVILLE, Pennsylvania – Former Pennsylvania classmates of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Christopher Kohberger said he was an intellectual who "was very interested in the way the mind works" but bullied for his weight and socially awkwardness.

In his home state, he was known as a genius who was socially awkward and had a tough time picking up on social cues, a couple of his former classmates told Fox News Digital.

Sarah Healey, who went to Pleasant Valley High School with Kohberger, said he was shy and kept to himself and a small group of friends, but some of their classmates – especially girls – mocked Kohberger and threw things at him.

"It was bad," Healey said. "There was definitely something off about him, like we couldn't tell exactly what it was. I remember one time when I was walking in the hallway, and he stopped me and was like, ‘Do you want to hang out?’"

"It was just weird," she said. "But Bryan was bullied a lot, and I never got a chance to say something to defend him, because he would always run away."

Healey said she heard other girls tell Kohberger in their high school to "go away, creep" or "I don't want to hang out with you."

"I honestly think that's what led up to this, because he didn't get the proper help, and it was mainly females that bullied him," Healey said.

Despite the bullying, she said Kohberger's grades were always good, and he "was very into his books."

That continued at Pennsylvania's Northampton Community College, according to one of Kohberger's friends, who requested to remain anonymous because of her job.

"He's really, really intelligent. A bright kid . . . someone who stood out even in honors and high-level classes," his NCC friend said.
I think you may have a good point. Apparently BK avoided online social media as far as having a presence but that's not to say he didn't take an interest in any postings or profiles. The review of computer data might have given LE a clue if he had been looking at any of the victims' online social sites. I'm certain that LE would have reviewed any data on the internet that was linked to any of the victims.
Also I doubt that he picked that residence at that hour as solely random. It wouldn't surprise me if he, in some way, had crossed paths with one of the victims long before that night perhaps on the internet.The probable route taken by LE would have started not only by reviewing everything physical at the crime site including DNA but also everything on the internet as well which may have led LE to his computer data. The information regarding a white Elantra being tracked cross country to Pennsylvania would indicate that LE had zeroed in on BK before he started out on his trip together with the knowledge that his father flew out to accompany him on the trip back east. It's highly probable that LE had waited to obtain enough information to arrest him at 3 a.m. From all reports BK and his father both answered the door together at 3 a.m.which leads me to believe there was some expectation following their trip home and possible conversations during that drive together. I find the fact that the father flew out to meet with his 28 year old son and then drive back together as rather odd.

Again, source was divorced wife of an uncle and she didn't specify when this occurred. Could just as easily have been a phase he went through as a youth.
There's no evidence he was in any way controlling at this time, is there?
Apart from the charges against him.
We have conflicting reports from vague witnesses, he was bullied; he was a bully.
Which is it folks?

I'm just gonna wait it out.
Bite the bullet or I'll be a skeleton from rabbit hole diving and I'm tired of that.
Just gimme facts, please, just facts.

That is why I appreciate this site.
It's luxurious in that regard.
Boundaries are here to protect us and all around the crime.
The aunt who spoke about the vegan issue with her pots and pans said that the it took place 4 years ago when BK and his father were staying at her home as they had gone to Nevada for a funeral and stayed at her place. During that visit, she said that is when the issue came up about her pots and pans and BK's dietary/cookware issues.

Thank you. I did not know that . I was under the impression here in PA it was Oct 2022
It was originally scheduled for then, but they've pushed it back several times already.

Given that his Dad drove from ID to PA with BK, it might be that BK disposed of the weapon before the trip OR that it was left behind in his apartment.
So many bodies of water in Idaho or WA, you can't search every place. I think it is a lost idea, MOO.

Why did dad need to drive him? Who drove BK to Pullman?

There's absolutely no verification or evidence of genealogical DNA research in this case, nor, IMO, was any such research needed.

All they needed was access to the family trash on trash day. Or similar. A few items is all they would need. Having parental DNA is virtually the same kind of identifier as having a person's individual DNA. The murderer's genes all came from 2 and only 2 people, and just as a paternity test is easy to do - so are paternal AND maternal tests (with double certainty that the son is the child of his parents).

They obviously had a good sample of the murderer's DNA early on. A miracle and a blessing.
Unclear if CNN did what they are supposed to and confirmed with a second source, but they have reported that genealogical DNA was used.

CNN article on LE tracking BK across the US

“Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said.”

And Laundrie. But:

It would have been hard to have heard absolutely nothing about these murders, even if you're not a news junkie. As a parent of students in school many states away, when I hear about murders anywhere in the vicinity of them, I immediately look it up. I do the same for anyone I know, really, and I'm not particularly honed in on tracking crime, just more general interest/concern about what's going on in areas people I care about are. Surely the parents knew WSU was near Idaho. And if you're the parent of a 28 yo male who needs company for the drive back home, I'm guessing you might need to be a parent who frets over their child.

That said, I can't imagine any parent leaping to, "I wonder if my man-child PhD student horrifically murdered those college students," unless they have a specific reason to do that. So, w/o knowing any specifics or history, not sure I'd jump to think they must have thought or suspected anything.

I ran a few numbers on driving vs flying. Est 850 RT to drive (regular gas; also add motel/hotel stay + food, so call it $1100-1200). RT flights from Pullman to scranton are expensive (~1500, based on the two date sets I pulled (January and June; didn't go searching for historical data and next December was too far out to get pricing using common flight booking sites)), and then you'd either be borrowing mom & dad's other car while there, or renting a car, which is about $50/day in scranton right now (and break is at least a couple weeks). So though I went looking for confirmation that driving made no sense, if money was an issue [seems likely], the quick data I found suggested that driving was much cheaper.
Interesting post! Thanks for doing the drive vs fly analysis. And I agree with your comment that the type of parent that flies out to accompany their 28 year old on a road trip home might also be the type of parent that would fret over nearby crime in their college city. And this was a major news story on most national networks! I’d be surprised if the parents hadn’t heard a single thing about it. After all criminal justice is the future career of their 28 year old “man-child”.

The aunt who spoke about the vegan issue with her pots and pans said that the it took place 4 years ago when BK and his father were staying at her home as they had gone to Nevada for a funeral and stayed at her place. During that visit, she said that is when the issue came up about her pots and pans and BK's dietary/cookware issues.
Just 4?
Thanks for that Sundog.
I'd forgotten.
He would have been 24 at that stage?
Old enough to anticipate and prepare for his own food specifics?

If the car is owned by his parents, as has been suggested, maybe the plan all along was to bring the car home over winter break. Maybe it needs to be inspected? Just hypothesizing.

That is a reasonable thought. But most states, who require inspections, allow a grace period when reentering the state. He could have kept driving in ID with no penalties.

Last edited:
Actually, it was reported that he finished the semester which ended in December 9th and didn’t arrive back at his parents home until just before Christmas.
I wonder where the car was during that time? Parked in front of his apartment? Or dropped off out East of Moscow in a barn or some other off the grid area? And he was sitting there doing what? MOO
The first heads-up for an Elantra went out on 12/7/22. The gas station clip came out on 12/13.
Did he and the car really sit in Pullman through that tightening grip after classes were out, only to then take on the historic blizzard that engulfed the NW, Midwest, Southeast and Atlantic coast?
Depraved is another word for evil.
JMOO

Great questions...did he have a job? Why did he wait til Dec. 17th to drive home in a Winter Storm?
Did his car just sit there at the apartment complex the whole time undetected?
I often wonder if he wasn't glued to his tv, and computer following this case. There's no way he wasn't closely following it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll