ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is anything weird with BK dad driving home with him. Seems the car was having issues so dad went along for the drive in case the car broke down. Then when they arrived home it went I. For a service and BK was going to do the drive back alone. What I can’t figure out is the timeline. I gave read that BK was followed on the drive back to PA and under surveillance for four days, but he arrived in December 16th and was arrested December 30. I’m confused on that but, can someone set my brain straight on it please?
think I saw its 40 hour trip. Maybe 4 days 10 each day and they stop and see some stuff maybe in Chicago. moo

I don’t think there is anything weird with BK dad driving home with him. Seems the car was having issues so dad went along for the drive in case the car broke down. Then when they arrived home it went I. For a service and BK was going to do the drive back alone. What I can’t figure out is the timeline. I gave read that BK was followed on the drive back to PA and under surveillance for four days, but he arrived in December 16th and was arrested December 30. I’m confused on that but, can someone set my brain straight on it please?
MSM has reported he was "tracked" (precise meaning unknown; perhaps via electronic surveillance) by LE as he made his way to PA. I believe he was probably under some form of surveillance from the moment he arrived at his parents' home in PA (reportedly on the 16th). It may have taken LE a while to get the probable cause to a place where the DA felt good about it, or they may have had other reasons for waiting until the 30th to arrest him (e.g., to observe behavioral patterns, etc).

I am so grateful today that BK is locked up and will face trial. I feel in my soul he is guilty. I’m proud of the way police handled the case. I am sad for the victims loss of life and for their families. I do not think BK would relate to the suffering he has caused even if he were on death row. It disturbs me there are people like him in our society.

I'm tending towards the idea stated in a previous post (which I cant now find) that LE deliberately mis-described the Hyundai Elantra observed at and around the crime scene as a "2011-13" model, knowing that it was in fact a 2015 model they were looking for (and had perhaps already found).

2011-13 vs 2015 model Elantras are very similar but have some, I would suggest, pretty obvious cosmetic differences particularly at the front and rear ends - which it would seem even a layperson ought to be able to identify & distinguish.

Unless all of the images and footage of the subject Elantra at/around the crime scene in LE's possession were insuffuciently clear (which is possible but seems unlikely), with all the information & resources at their disposal to assist them in identifying vehicle makes & models with precision you would think that they would/should have been able to confirm whether the Elantra in question was a 2011-13 or a 2015 version when they first published this information on or about 7 December. I believe BK & Dad left Pullman bound for Pennsylvania in the Elantra on or about 14 or 15 December - a confirmed timeline here would be helpful. LE could have had multiple reasons for being "deceptive" in stating the model year Elantra they were looking for, while in fact they were already onto BK (but perhaps still building their case; awaiting certain forensic results etc) and were monitoring him/his behaviour at and from this time.

This of course assumes that LE's recent reference to having seized a "2015" Elantra at BK's parents' property was not a mistake/unintentional mis-statement, and the vehicle in fact seized is a 2011-13 model Elantra. Which I would tend to think is unlikely (ie, the seized Elantra is, as per LE's statement, a 2015 model Elantra). Are there any images available yet of the seized Elantra which could be used to confirm its model year?

Interesting theory in any case.

I don't think he was under surveillance for only four days in PA. This article makes it sound like they likely surveilled him from the time he left Pullman until his arrest, albeit under varying degrees, depending on the environment. Former FBI official explains how agents tracked, surveilled Bryan Kohberger

For a criminology student, it seems he didn’t adhere to Locard’s Exchange Principle- that every contact leaves a trace.

Without DNA analysis and new sequencer tech, he might have, though. It's SUCH a relief that this guy is off the streets.

Now they're going to find microscopic evidence from 1122 King in his car.

THere's no way, IMO, that he showered at the scene (without leading TONS of DNA) so of course he got into the car, as far as we know. Sure, he might have changed all of his clothing (what a risk, possibly doing it inside the house - but you can't really change all your clothes with big old kevlar gloves or any usual style of glove without using your ungloved hands). The gloves have the most blood - they *must* be taken off, but the fingers are going to touch blood.

Which will then be on the steering wheel. I know I said it before, but this guy clearly didn't take even an introductory course in human genetics (and that doesn't surprise me, given his course of study).

I have been a little confused by that, too, but I think the distinction is everything that said the 4 days that I saw was in reference to PA FBI. So, that doesn't rule out FBI agents from other states or other agencies following him in the days before that. MOO
He was already a POI even before he embarked on his trip from Pullman to Pennsylvania. It took LE circa 10 days to collect more information about him, the car (they received a tip-off about it), to check the video from the night of murders, to check the DNA databases and find match to his DNA from the crime scene. Around 23rd of December LE was confident they got their man and moved to the next stage 'preparations for his arrest'. All above JMO.

Thanks for the link.
Will there be a perp walk when he is extradited to ID ?
In advance, I believe that LE believe they have enough evidence to have made an arrest, and that's good enough for me.
We will see what happens if this goes to trial.

If he pleads guilty (doubtful), and goes directly to sentencing (I know there's a word for that but I've forgotten...), we may never know how it exactly happened.

But I hope the families of the victims have their questions answered.
They've lost everything.
Even if their parents have other children (& I think there may be !), the family unit will never be the same.
If BK did this, he hurt them unimaginably !
Imo.

I don't think he was under surveillance for only four days in PA. This article makes it sound like they likely surveilled him from the time he left Pullman until his arrest, albeit under varying degrees, depending on the environment. Former FBI official explains how agents tracked, surveilled Bryan Kohberger
I think "surveillance" and "tracking" are two different things, because at first I thought the same as you.

Surveillance basically means either a monitored camera (as used in jails and prisons) or actual eyeballs on the subject.

Tracking can mean a device attached to a car, for example. I do not think they actually sent cars of officers all along his road trip (but, frankly, I enjoyed believing that briefly because it made me happy - but others have convinced me, and my memory about how LE handles cases like this kicked in).

Once at his parents' house (thereby checking that box on the list of investigators), they likely had him under physical and continual surveillance.

Box checked was - yep, the Elantra they felt was associated with the crime did show up at the legal owners' house, where a POI (BCK) could be expected to go). It was not stolen by some other monster, it was actually the son of the legal owner.

I'm tending towards the idea stated in a previous post (which I cant now find) that LE deliberately mis-described the Hyundai Elantra observed at and around the crime scene as a "2011-13" model, knowing that it was in fact a 2015 model they were looking for (and had perhaps already found).

2011-13 vs 2015 model Elantras are very similar but have some, I would suggest, pretty obvious cosmetic differences particularly at the front and rear ends - which it would seem even a layperson ought to be able to identify & distinguish.

Unless all of the images and footage of the subject Elantra at/around the crime scene in LE's possession were insuffuciently clear (which is possible but seems unlikely), with all the information & resources at their disposal to assist them in identifying vehicle makes & models with precision you would think that they would/should have been able to confirm whether the Elantra in question was a 2011-13 or a 2015 version when they first published this information on or about 7 December. I believe BK & Dad left Pullman bound for Pennsylvania in the Elantra on or about 14 or 15 December - a confirmed timeline here would be helpful. LE could have had multiple reasons for being "deceptive" in stating the model year Elantra they were looking for, while in fact they were already onto BK (but perhaps still building their case; awaiting certain forensic results etc) and were monitoring him/his behaviour at and from this time.

This of course assumes that LE's recent reference to having seized a "2015" Elantra at BK's parents' property was not a mistake/unintentional mis-statement, and the vehicle in fact seized is a 2011-13 model Elantra. Which I would tend to think is unlikely (ie, the seized Elantra is, as per LE's statement, a 2015 model Elantra). Are there any images available yet of the seized Elantra which could be used to confirm its model year?

any chance BK registered the Elantra with WSU with an incorrect yr?

Could be, but that's going to cause a lot irrelevant tips to pour in (using up resources). It's such a common car.

He was already a POI even before he embarked on his trip from Pullman to Pennsylvania. It took LE circa 10 days to collect more immigration about him, to check the video from the night of murders, to check the DNA databases and find match to his DNA from the crime scene. Around 23rd of December LE was confident they got their man and moved to the next stage 'preparations for his arrest'. All above JMO.
If he had his cell phone with him the night of the murders, LE probably also had cell phone/tower data showing where he was that night. JMO.

All MOO, of course. IF Kohberger did it...

<modsnip - off topic>

I also think he's intelligent but not smart.

I believe he was stalking the two girls before the murders.

I believe the killing of Chapin and Kernodle was either an error (mistaken bedroom) or done to confuse law enforcement. I think he was primarily after Goncalves and/or Mogen.

I believe he may have thought a "prize-winning" thesis (regarding criminals' mindset and crimes) might get him all the way to employment in the FBI Profiling Unit, although I doubt he would have ever passed their mental/emotional examinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without DNA analysis and new sequencer tech, he might have, though. It's SUCH a relief that this guy is off the streets.

Now they're going to find microscopic evidence from 1122 King in his car.

THere's no way, IMO, that he showered at the scene (without leading TONS of DNA) so of course he got into the car, as far as we know. Sure, he might have changed all of his clothing (what a risk, possibly doing it inside the house - but you can't really change all your clothes with big old kevlar gloves or any usual style of glove without using your ungloved hands). The gloves have the most blood - they *must* be taken off, but the fingers are going to touch blood.

Which will then be on the steering wheel. I know I said it before, but this guy clearly didn't take even an introductory course in human genetics (and that doesn't surprise me, given his course of study).
yes, I think he could have 1122 evidence (their DNA) on his stuff- if not in PA, in his WA apt or office (or in his vacuum bag...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ