ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he must've expected his car to be seen but that there's so many white Elantras and that his was registered in PA, that it wouldn't matter.
I saw somewhere that there's 90 white Elantras registered for student parking in UoI campus. Add that figure to locals within 100 miles radius and I guess you're in the hundreds.

It was the DNA that got him, I'm certain of that.
Otherwise the FBI may not have even looked at him.
They were probably working through a database of 100s of white Elantras owners when the DNA results came in. Cross-referencing them with known offenders and criminals etc. He may not have even been on their radar.

The genealogy then narrowed it down to just him.
Then they probably got his DNA from his apartment or one of his close family, then they were certain.

It'll be interesting to see what DNA he left behind as I'm certain he wore gloves.

This is just MO.
Agree. It was only a chance a private citizens ring type camera captured the Elantra.

After looking at Elantras and how similar they all are, I wonder why they stated the year span they did for it. Did BK replace hubcaps at some point?

I think you are spot on in regards to the mind games and DNA alibi. He knows the law and evidence needed. This is what he's thinking in his mind, but I'm quite convinced that LE is way ahead of him. He seems to be a true psychopath, and many times they ARE quite brilliant in some ways but almost always get caught. I'm curious about his digital footprint (and how he tried covering it up), how close he was following the case, and was he "Pappa Rodger" (or similar), was he the random TicTok video maker? etc .. was he a webslueth and taunting?
I think it's highly unlikely that he was on TikTok or WS. I think he was very careful with his digital footprint regarding this case. That's jmo, though.

I do think his browsing history will be interesting, and I'm interested in finding out what he did to mask it. A lot of stuff he could explain as "research" but I think we'll find out he'd also wiped some drives or attempted to eliminate any searches. I would not at all be surprised to find he was on some of the darker areas of the internet, but as a lurker, a voyeur, not a participant in discussions.

Yes! Good point. And it seems like his professor had no problem with his research method.
BBM
Maybe his academic advisers were just glad to see him go? Not a good reason to gloss over his shortcomings but one more semester of dealing with him just didn't seem worth it?

I have a feeling he had a rep as a difficult personality in person. I'm curious if recommendations by professors who have never interacted with a student in the real world need to be clear about that. Seems like valuable info to me.

Just my 2 cents

MOO-- The knife could be be in the ceiling panels or duct work, or in his office walls or floors at his school. I'm sure LE will be searching his school for it. There's many possibilities. Imagine him driving to his apt. after the murders. Would he want to get rid of it fast? Not found yet. Not needed to nail him though.
He’s been studying the minds of killers/criminals for his masters program and now the PhD program. It seems likely that the much thought went into what to do with the murder weapon, IMO. How did other serial killers hide/dispose of their weapons, he would have been curious about IMO

Maybe so, but he doesn't miss an opportunity to talk when asked. Not certain that's a good idea. It looks like he gained a client in representing BCK's parents, if I read that correctly.
That’s a good thought- they (BK’s parents) are going to need/want a spokesperson going forward.

Well, no harm searching until such a time as LE confirm that as fact. You may well be correct but still worth fresh eyes IMO
My guess is that it was dropped into a deep body of water long before the trip cross country with Kohberger's father. It may even have been discarded in this way on the night/morning of the murders. Although, in light of how heedlessly Kohberger organized this crime (with his own car and with DNA left at the scene), who knows?

Did anyone else notice how the attorney he has right now seems like he can’t wait to get rid of him? He seemed like they can’t pack him onto the plane fast enough.so
as defense atty, you would probably be concerned that the longer he is "around" in confinement, he might say something to some one and it is a holiday period, so he has to stay confined until after Tues, so...

I wouldn’t be surprised if BK had a close confidant who he confided to about the murders and went over with in extensive detail how he committed the murders. This person and or persons may have not played an active role in the murders but they were well aware of his actions on the morning of Nov 13.

Which is a possible reason why BK said to the arresting officers: did you arrest anyone else for these crimes?

JMO

I have not read everything here. I have read things all over the net.
I will not repeat things I have read, per T&C.....but based on things I have read, I believe from, here on out, this is all thrilling for him. IMO, he looks forward to challenging his challengers. He still thinks he can outsmart them. His narcissism is that great. I think he really does look forward to a trial.

I think he was obsessed with committing the perfect crime and not getting caught and actually using it all as part of a thesis and maybe a book.

I think he will still make a book from this. And while criminals cannot profit from their crimes, we all know there are ways to do so in a round about way.

I have not figured out yet why these victims. As usual, life is so busy, I cannot dedicate as much time as I would like and used to back in the days of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias where I literally could sit and watch the trial all day long.

On that note, I wonder if his trial will be live or closed to cameras.

Just my thoughts on my opinions.
I hope I can catch up somewhat here.

May everyone have a blessed 2023!
I am with you 100%!

They probably had 100s of white Elantras to investigate.
Without the DNA they had nothing.

There was probably at least a few white Elantra owners with criminal records.

I agree that a neighbor probably spotted his car and phoned in, so it was added to the list.

I think he probably calculated that it was worth the risk to drive his car.
If he had cycled and left no DNA, then FBI would have nothing.
Maybe he obscured the license plate with that reflective material.
Lets stick to the order of events, as my reply to you was purely a comment in what order the events occured.

On 7th of December (Wednesday) LE mentioned the white car for first time.

Shortly afterwards, i think it was on 8th of Dec, they clarified that the car in question is Elantra model 2011-13 and the whole hell about videos, gas stations etc enrolled.

Couple of days later, around 10-11 of Dec LE asked for information on white Elantra in Troy area.

And then they stopped asking about the car. Like at all.

Which, to me, could mean only one thing: they got the car, they knew where it is, who is the owner, etc.

Chief Fry said in his interview or during the presser (after the arrest) that the car was identified on tip-off. Tip-off on car thing is not my imagination nor guess, it came straight from LE mouth.

So it is a safe to say that between 8th of Dec and 12th if Dec the car was identified and they knew the name of its driver & its owner (as aooarently they are not same person).

So, then BK became POI, , I.e. just before 13th of Dec.

Why i am so sure that he became a POI on or before 13th?

On 13th of Dec BK and his father MK started their 2500 miles car journey home and, as we know now, FBI was following them all the way.

At that time DNA match was not yet available, otherwise LE would have arrested BK before the trip srarted because DNA nailed BK to the crime scene, no doubt. The car made him POI, the DNA enabled to make him a suspect and he was arrested.

So, DNA match was received AFTER info about the car and AFTER BK arrived at PA.

The above is based purely on pieces of information available to us right now and a logical explanation of this information.

Last edited:
He’s been studying the minds of killers/criminals for his masters program and now the PhD program. It seems likely that the much thought went into what to do with the murder weapon, IMO. How did other serial killers hide/dispose of their weapons, he would have been curious about IMO
AND, one of his teachers was deeply involved with BTK.

when my neighbours stop giving stories on 50 shades of grey reenactments or where biggie or tupac was killed sure .. hey am the kind of one who overgrows my plants so old aunty can let her doggo pee... so I can have a chat to her - her little dog punk btw I wouldn't mess with him !!! nor her hahahaha .. I guess my point is .. no one screaming or being hurt or a dog barking goes unnoticed... I can keep my house clean .. I am the safe neighboururaurus .. am loud xx but am safe xx rare and let u keep your own till you need me ok xx I know you more than you think ok xx we good k x my hood rules :) :) :p xx safe neighbours *advertiser censored* how I was raised in anycase. if I come out in my dressing gown .. be blessed I watching .. :p if i not wearing a bra all lord clusterducks happening be sure on that !!! :p xx
Demonstrating stream of consciousness?

He reported to be a late night runner. Wonder if he had caches set up where he dumped weapon and clothing right after the crimes?

Not sure if he was late nite running in washington/idaho, this came from friend back in pa.

In a separate interview with NBC Philadelphia, Jacobson said that the pair were close around 10 years ago and that during their runs, they had 'all of these positive conversations.'

He had a month between the murders and the drive home. If he ditched the knife, he could have ditched it anywhere at all during that month. I doubt he would have waited until the trip home. MOO
I am quite curious as to what he did with this knife

Is he sentimental?
Does he keep his textbooks from his past courses with his handwritten notes?
Does he collect maps or pictures or momentos from trips?
In his adult apartment does he have pics of his childhood, family, childhood toys?
Does he have pics or a diary of his transformation from fat kid to lean adult?

If he is sentimental= he kept the knife and hid it somewhere. If it is tossed, it is wrapped in plastic and the location carefully recorded so he could find it again. And, he didn’t clean it

JMO

yes it came up in one of the earlier links. will try & re-find that link for you & edit it into this post
Here you go:
Mcloughlin said he and Kohberger would spend half the school day at Pleasant Valley High before heading to Monroe County’s vocational school, where they took classes related to heating and air conditioning work.

The detailing of the probable cause affadavit during Kohberger's initial appearance in an Idaho court will likely be a very bad day for him. He has severely underestimated LE's effort and capability against him from the very beginning, and I personally don't think he has any concept of just how much of a case the prosecution has already built. It's one thing to recover a murder suspect's DNA from a general area at a crime scene, but I strongly believe LE recovered the suspect's DNA directly from the victims' bodies.

I also believe LE will present strong corroborating evidence to place Kohberger at the location at the time the crime was committed, and maybe even evidence of premeditated intent.

Tuesday will be a bombshell information drop either way though, and will truly set the stage for how this whole thing will ultimately play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769