ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
People talking about the knife .. Personally, I think his plan was to commit the perfect crime which includes covering all of his tracks, which also includes disposing of the murder weapon in a way that nobody will ever find it. I also am curious if this his first rodeo or first attempt.

Linking the weapon to the killer is one of the *GOLD STANDARDS* in a case. It's *sufficient*, but not *necessary*, since circumstantial evidence is very compelling. Then again, we have OJ case where the knife was never found and compelling circumstantial evidence was ignored.

Again, I’m learning about how all this works. So when I saw your salient points I ran for definitions. This article is from 2003, but I haven’t read anything teaching about circumstantial evidence more clearly.

Reflecting on BK’s neighbors comments about his late night activities.. vacuuming etc.

Some people require little sleep
Some people sleep-in in Am so that’s their clock
Some people suffer from depression and have manic phases where they are up for .. who knows - sometimes scary long periods
Some people have insomnia on a regular basis
Some people take drugs to keep themselves awake and productive

A lot to speculate about.

If the suspect hatched this plan 1 month to 2 months before he allegedly committed these murders,I would think his stalking and planning spilled into nighttime. MOO

He knew the Elantra was a big problem, he got his dad , somehow, to come west to drive it. If pulled over - BK’s license would not be run. The dads would be checked and they would be on their way. He had to do it this way. I see him selling his dad on the trip for some bonding or “ car issue” reason. MO Big fat guess
I agree with other posters- someone probably screenshot that car and sent it to LE and they were on to him.
Maybe being vegan was only about CONTROL. I see a lot of controlling behaviors from what has been shared here by those who knew him talking to the media.

I don't think his apparent adamant dietary choices are a sign of a soul who cares. At all. About anything. Except #1.

I could be wrong.

JMO
This* insightful non wordy post! BAM! Ie.. also- What is the most “special”diet , draws the most attention, puts pressure on others to go out of their way - etc etc..control, attention, special

Nice explanation.
Maybe they had a partial plate or they knew it was PA plates.
PA plates have distinctive yellow strip so maybe this was picked up on a dash cam or something.

I know BK got a ticket in August but the fact his car was a 2015 might've thrown them off the scent.

I am also inclined to believe that LE had the part of the car plate, hence they quickly identified his car as COI (car of interest).

I have never been in the USA, so am not familiar with differences between car plates, just one example of what I do not know, to be honest. So, I appreciate your input, i learn every day something new.

I remember on a video from Taylor rd, Moscow ID, on 13th of Nov, at around 3 am (3:01?) an image of white car being parked further in the parking lot opposite the green and wonder if that car was his. It was parked with its rear plate directly facing the camera, but 10-15 m, may be more, away, the image was very grayish.

I guess that removes the theory that he drove the car home for the annual required PA inspection. I think the incorrect model year on the car was a flub by LE, not some planned thing. I wonder how many people sent in a tip on his car. If he was my neighbor, I’d sure send one.
RE: The search for the car. There's a lot we don't know. I'm not convinced that the store clerk wasn't telling LE something that they didn't already know. Maybe LE was already looking at this car (and him) but didn't want to spook him. If so, they were already monitoring him digitally. So, once the store clerk spills this car info, LE lets that info out to see what changes he makes in his digital (and other) behavior.

I’ve driven cross country several times and remembering everywhere I stopped (except overnight motels) when I got home is unlikely. When you need gas or a bathroom break you take the next exit, there’s nothing memorable about it. And some stops may have been while dad was sleeping, if you wake up and ask “where are we?”, the answer would be to name a state, usually.
The weapon could be in the trash or ground around any gas station, rest stop, restaurant, or possibly a random place on the side of the road where he pulled over rather than going to a bathroom.
I think detectives have a better idea where they stopped and possibly got rid of the weapon
Unless he used a hard swing out of the car window while driving and dad’s sleeping.
Plenty of places in Idaho to toss a weapon too
[edited to add speculative detail]
All possibilities…IMO I’m stuck on his use of the knife and his planning and academic background relating to this crime, preparation, storing, hiding evidence… especially HIS murder weapon… to just toss it seems like an impulse he would have already planned for ahead of time, this fellow keeps to his plans.

Reflecting on BK’s neighbors comments about his late night activities.. vacuuming etc.

Some people require little sleep
Some people sleep-in in Am so that’s their clock
Some people suffer from depression and have manic phases where they are up for .. who knows - sometimes scary long periods
Some people have insomnia on a regular basis
Some people take drugs to keep themselves awake and productive

A lot to speculate about.

If the suspect hatched this plan 1 month to 2 months before he allegedly committed these murders,I would think his stalking and planning spilled into nighttime. MOO

He knew the Elantra was a big problem, he got his dad , somehow, to come west to drive it. If pulled over - BK’s license would not be run. The dads would be checked and they would be on their way. He had to do it this way. I see him selling his dad on the trip for some bonding or “ car issue” reason. MO Big fat guess
I agree with other posters- someone probably screenshot that car and sent it to LE and they were on to him.

This* insightful non wordy post! BAM! Ie.. also- What is the most “special”diet , draws the most attention, puts pressure on others to go out of their way - etc etc..control, attention, special
re bolded para

whether we want to decide it's true or not, Agenette Levy tweeted yesterday that she'd asked the PA lawyer about when the plan was made for Dad to fly to PA and drive back with BK.
Lawyer says this plan was decided months ago, before the start of the semester.

Woah.
I was SHOCKED when Dr. Lieberman suggested that BK’s obsession with veganism/no meat in his pots potentially signals he has a fear of cannibalism for himself!

Following this line of thought rationally …
If I have a fear of cannibalism and therefore do not eat any kind of meat, and do not want any of my food touching any pots that cook meat…
Do I choose to kill four people by stabbing, which has cast off of blood, arterial spurting, and I will be covered in the blood of carnivores, highly likely on my face and in my eyes and nose and mouth

No
So either he is a true vegan and is clueless about stabbing deaths
Or he is not a true vegan but just a controlling <modsnip> that likes to make demands like a small child
Or he makes some kind of distinction between the blood and meat of animals and the blood and meat of humans
Or he considers himself a martyr who suffered the blood of his victims to eliminate them from the planet and make the world a better place

I haven’t a clue- rational thinking can’t explain irrational actions

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite curious as to what he did with this knife

Is he sentimental?
Does he keep his textbooks from his past courses with his handwritten notes?
Does he collect maps or pictures or momentos from trips?
In his adult apartment does he have pics of his childhood, family, childhood toys?
Does he have pics or a diary of his transformation from fat kid to lean adult?

If he is sentimental= he kept the knife and hid it somewhere. If it is tossed, it is wrapped in plastic and the location carefully recorded so he could find it again. And, he didn’t clean it

JMO
May be he had hidden the knife in close proximity to 1122 King? There is a hill and forest around the house, all covered with leaves then and now with snow on top of the leaves.

I guess that removes the theory that he drove the car home for the annual required PA inspection. I think the incorrect model year on the car was a flub by LE, not some planned thing. I wonder how many people sent in a tip on his car. If he was my neighbor, I’d sure send one.
They already had his car in the system from the seat belt violation but yeah I'm sure a neighbor would've called it in.
Despite his car being a 2015, I'm sure he was on a list but that list could've been in the 100s.

I think the DNA nailed him.
I remember with the Golden State Killer genealogy, they narrowed it down to 5 people based on age, gender, location and then confirmed it with DNA from his car handle and a coffee cup.

I think they did similar here but acted faster.

This is interesting. Plus, one thing I didn't think of (but someone on here just said it) - Having Dad drive from WA to PA would be a very clear smoke screen were they to get pulled over.
I guess it was to share the driving. The attorney said they did it in 2.5 days. Its a 36 hour drive but 8 hours each per day, makes it very doable in 2.5 days.

Story by Khaleda Rahman • 1h ago

Bryan Kohberger's Dad Drove With Son Out of Idaho in White Hyundai—Lawyer

Jason LaBar, a public defender who is representing Kohberger, previously told CNN that Kohberger arrived in Pennsylvania around December 17 to celebrate the holidays with his family. "His father actually went out (to Idaho) and they drove home together," he said.

LaBar also said he has recommended his client undergo a psychological evaluation before court proceedings.

He said Kohberger plans to waive his extradition hearing so he can be quickly transported to Idaho. The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.

Following this line of thought rationally …
If I have a fear of cannibalism and therefore do not eat any kind of meat, and do not want any of my food touching any pots that cook meat…
Do I choose to kill four people by stabbing, which has cast off of blood, arterial spurting, and I will be covered in the blood of carnivores, highly likely on my face and in my eyes and nose and mouth

No
So either he is a true vegan and is clueless about stabbing deaths
Or he is not a true vegan but just a controlling <modsnip> that likes to make demands like a small child
Or he makes some kind of distinction between the blood and meat of animals and the blood and meat of humans
Or he considers himself a martyr who suffered the blood of his victims to eliminate them from the planet and make the world a better place

I haven’t a clue- rational thinking can’t explain irrational actions

JMO
No doubt a defense attorney will use his veganism to BK’s advantage… “My client is a gentle soul…loves animals, wouldn’t harm a fly. How could he brutally kill four human beings?” MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see OCD characterizing BK however the only connection i can find is that if was his aunt describing his nature as it applied to making sure his food was cooked in pans that never touched meat.

Any MSM of clinical diagnosis of Bk having OCD?

I got it: the father /son cross country was ore planned as stated by BK’s lawyer. Thank you!

re bolded para

whether we want to decide it's true or not, Agenette Levy tweeted yesterday that she'd asked the PA lawyer about when the plan was made for Dad to fly to PA and drive back with BK.
Lawyer says this plan was decided months ago, before the start of the semester.

One of the links I posted yesterday stated the same, planned trip.

Regarding the knife - I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other if he kept the knife or ditched it. However if he did ditch it with the intention of getting rid of it (as opposed to hiding it somewhere that he could recover it later), I really doubt it will ever be found. It is probably at the bottom of some random rural body of water, or under a pile of garbage in an unknown landfill. MOO

I’ve driven cross country several times and remembering everywhere I stopped (except overnight motels) when I got home is unlikely. When you need gas or a bathroom break you take the next exit, there’s nothing memorable about1 it. And some stops may have been while dad was sleeping, if you wake up and ask “where are we?”, the answer would be to name a state, usually.
The weapon could be in the trash or ground around any gas station, rest stop, restaurant, or possibly a random place on the side of the road where he pulled over rather than going to a bathroom.
I think detectives have a better idea where they stopped and possibly got rid of the weapon
Unless he used a hard swing out of the car window while driving and dad’s sleeping.
Plenty of places in Idaho to toss a weapon too
[edited to add speculative detail]
I've picked out specific exits to stop at during my regular drives. I will stop for snacks, gas, bathroom or just to strech my legs. (Of course I will stop elsewhere if needed). I wonder if his family had specific stops as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xobehtedistuO