ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully ask that you don't state that as fact. Is it extremely, extremely unlikely that he walked home? yes.

He allegedly was fit though.
I think it's a possibility only.
Probably unlikely for other reasons though.
Time will tell.
Especially unlikely if he took the knife with him. Not to mention carrying a bag containing his coveralls or whatever outerwear he had on during the crime... MOO

This should clear up any debate regarding the suspect's mental health. We know he is a vegan and the jail is accommodating his dietary needs. His temporary lawyer is stipulating that his client is mentally stable and aware of the situation.

Probable cause documents will be released after the suspect appears in court in Idaho. Then we will know more about why he was arrested - the chain of information that resulted in police being confident that they have the right suspect.

He is mentally aware, he’s aware of the situation, and I think he’s certainly mentally stable and had made no expressions of hurting himself,” LaBar said of the accused murderer. He anticipates Kohberger, who says he is looking forward to being exonerated, will plead not guilty.

Kohberger stands accused of fatally stabbing Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin in the early hours of Nov. 13 in the students’ off-campus Moscow, Idaho, home. No motive has been given for the crime, and police say they have not yet been able to recover the murder weapon.

The probable cause warrant used to justify his arrest won’t be released until he appears in Idaho court, per the state’s laws. LaBar, who is only overseeing Koberger’s extradition and is not part of his defense team, says his client will be in Idaho as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday."
MSN

I think it's important to also note that the Latah County district attorney made the statement about the release of the arrest warrant by Moscow PD and probable cause affidavit prior to the suspect, BK, being served with the warrant and affidavit, BK's first appearance in the 2nd Judicial District Court, Latah County, and BK appointed counsel.

Generally, the prosecution, with the burden to prove the charges filed against the defendant, has no qualms about releasing the PCA but it will likely be released as provided by the district attorney barring no protest by the defense.

We can't forget that the defense didn't hesitate to act last Friday where the court ceased any biological/hazardous clean-up activity at the King Road crime scene from being carried out on Friday, Dec 30.

"LaBar has requested a psychiatric evaluation."

news item also says that he has contacted the ID PD to get BK a public defender
in Idaho when he arrives there

I think it's important to also note that the Latah County district attorney made the statement about the release of the arrest warrant by Moscow PD and probable cause affidavit prior to the suspect, BK, being served with the warrant and affidavit, BK's first appearance in the 2nd Judicial District Court, Latah County, and BK appointed counsel.

Generally, the prosecution, with the burden to prove the charges filed against the defendant, has no qualms about releasing the PCA but it will likely be released as provided by the district attorney barring no protest by the defense.

We can't forget that the defense didn't hesitate to act last Friday where the court ceased any biological/hazardous clean-up activity at the King Road crime scene from being carried out on Friday, Dec 30.
Huh - I thought the PA, rather than BCK’s ID defense attorney (there isn’t one, AFAIK), petitioned the court to stop the cleanup?

Not sure why I thought that, tho, because I can’t find a link! Do you have one?

TIA

Your 23andMe test won't uncover a criminal. They don't share your DNA results with LE. Anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea of 'sharing' their DNA with LE should be OK with doing their test at either 23andMe and Ancestry (or MyHeritage). You would have to download your DNA file and then upload it to either/ or both GEDmatch and FTDNA and then give specific permission for LE to use your DNA results for crime solving purposes.
I am not okay with 23andMe and Ancestry. I guess things have changed now, but I absolutely remember reading about a case where LE submitted a sample from a crime scene, not as LE but presenting themselves as a private citizen looking for genealogical relatives etc. They found matches and knew they had the right suspect, then built their case using legal means and legally obtained DNA from the suspect. I assume now that would not be permitted.

Are all of the samples that were obtained before the opt-in off limits to LE?

Because, IMO, people find it difficult to believe that someone "normal" would commit such an heinous and inexplicable crime.
It's only because the suspect seems to check off many boxes that are similar to ME. That's all I'll say about that since we do not know anything and are only speculating about posted interviews and opinions. (It could all be purely coincidental) However, it's important to remember that many people live with ME and different issue's everyday and Do Not commit murder. This is a certain subset of thinking that is mostly figured out- but is such a mixed bag- and that is why it has been studied so intently for so long. There's no one answer for these type of people (that's the scary part, IMOx2) JMO, IMO, MOO

Well done!

What are your thoughts on him being pulled over during the drive?
I’m not really sure what to think about it. I’d have to believe that the FBI would clue Indians state police (assuming he was pulled over on the interstate) about a quadruple murder suspect under surveillance driving through their state…

But who knows. Once is a coincedence….twice? Hmmm

I am surprised to see the curiosity-seeking volunteer DNA database population suddenly turn into a crime investigation tool. I'm curious whether this is the first time genealogy has been used to trace DNA as soon as it is collected from a crime scene. We first heard about this investigative tool through cold case investigations.

I'm curious whether DNA Database comparison will eventually become the first tool used by investigators in solving crimes: check DNA to find relatives and narrow down suspect. Dystopia, utopia?

Sorry! I brought up the manufactured home just to respond to posters wondering why they couldn't afford a lawyer or how could they have bought such a nice home after bankruptcy. I just meant to say they may just be normal-incomed people living a normal life. (I don't think any of this matters either and wish there were a way to less obtrusively answer. Please don't let the house turn into the dog!)
I’ve never been on a thread that moved this fast … somewhere along here it was stated alleged that BK had a heroine addiction problem in high school. Rehab programs — especially residential, which probably has best potential for positive outcome — are extremely expensive. I know someone who did a private residential program about 10 years ago and it was like $80,000 for just 30 days. And then there would probably be weekly therapy after discharge, which I have heard is usually not well reimbursed by health insurance.

Perhaps parents financial problems came in underwriting such a treatment program and unending psych therapy afterwards.

OMO.

Last edited:
On the side of the road. Frat house parties around the corner would have involved cars parked on the side of the road, so not entirely unusual in the neighbourhood.

I think he parked on the side of the road near the back lane behind the house, 20 minutes for the murders and back on the road ... suggesting that he had been there before ... to know about the back-lane patio entrance.

This

View attachment 391847

One thing that I’ve wondered about with respect to the timeline and the Elantra is the 2:45-3:15 am window that was given. I believe that comes from the Linda Lane video? If so, what type of camera technology wouldn’t have a time stamp/clock of some type in order to provide an exact time, instead of a 30 minute window?

Also, has LE ever indicated that the Linda Lane video is THE Elantra in question? I don’t believe that’s the case, but I could clearly be wrong. Finally, can anybody confirm that LE stated that the 3:45 am sighting from the gas station video was deemed to be THE Elantra? I think ABC Nightly News was the source cited from a couple of days ago, but again, I’m not 100% sure that’s a bona fide LE publicly corroborated fact.

Thanks in advance for any info/insights.

Huh - I thought the PA, rather than BCK’s ID defense attorney (there isn’t one, AFAIK), petitioned the court to stop the cleanup?

Not sure why I thought that, tho, because I can’t find a link! Do you have one?

TIA
IMO, whoever was acting on behalf of the defendant, a fugitive of justice from ID, including BK's PA defense attorney, most likely reached out to the Idaho prosecutor to set the wheels in motion.

I had the police finding the car first. But either way, this fits my timeline of LE knowing who their suspect was in November and long before they released the initial info on the Hyundai and then the subsequent 22,000 Hyundai’s press release.

I think once our Idaho investigation comes back we’ll learn that WA has been tailing him. And joined the investigation around the time we saw a WA LE car at the crime scene in early December.

I figured the FBI joined the investigation not only to help expedite forensic evidence but also because BK was in PA when they identified him. And they weren’t sure if he would come back. Making it a potential multi-state investigation.

My only question is if it’s a dna match that early. That seems like enough to get him, hold him, and charge him. I don’t think they would have let him drive across the country.

I am surprised to see the curiosity-seeking volunteer DNA database population suddenly turn into a crime investigation tool. I'm curious whether this is the first time genealogy has been used to trace DNA as soon as it is collected from a crime scene. We first heard about this investigative tool through cold case investigations.

I'm curious whether DNA Database comparison will eventually become the first tool used by investigators in solving crimes: check DNA to find relatives and narrow down suspect. Dystopia, utopia?
I'm gonna wait for LE to confirm.
I'm tired of writing the word 'allegedly'.
I've never used it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member