ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail credible? They just create their own stories by mixing all rumors together. I don't believe a single word of it. Just someone getting out of the jail being offered some money.
I'm intrigued about the singing of rap lyrics, tho

Entin says it isn’t true:

Replying to @BrianEntin
Brian-Can you find out how true this is?? https://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11592607/Ill-cut-Idaho-killer-shows-genitals-jail-rant.html…

I am told this is totally false. It was a different inmate in the jail that exposed himself. And a different inmate screaming. Not Kohberger.
This needs to be stickied to the top of every page for a while, I think. It seems like every page or two, someone posts the story yet again, even though, before it was even debunked, it did not pass the smell test for most people. JMO

Last edited:
Finally found date arrived in Pa.

After Kohberger's semester at Washington State ended this December, he and his father drove cross-country together, arriving at the family's Pennsylvania home on Dec. 13, exactly one month after the murders, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar told ABC News.

There’s the 13th again.

IMO, if you've ever seen a dog shot on video (sadly I accidentally saw a YT video where a police officer shot an attacking dog that was on the loose), they squeal and scream very very loudly and constantly. Wish I had not seen that.

I don't think BK would try to kill the dog due to the noise level. He may have known that like I found out that it is very loud.

Well, even if the professor’s actions added stress, BK didn’t take his stress out on the professor, right? So, not connected, IMHO. Plus, we hear about this story via a third party, and how the professor viewed the situation vs how BK viewed it, we yet don’t know.
The connection could be that the public humiliation , possibly injustice, drove him deeper into his 'dark side' and escalated events but that is speculative.
He was probably goin' there anyway.
Nothing would have stopped him, maybe.

There's all these anecdotes blowing around like a confetti machine but until we can actually get hold of a few facts from LE it's almost impossible to call it.

These anecdotes are so self serving they make my eyes roll

"It was just like, totally jarring, totally shocking to realize that this person who had been grading my papers was allegedly this horrible murderer," Hayden Stinchfield told CNN.
Bryan Kohberger's former student describes abrupt behavior change after Idaho college murders

Seriously?

Nothing like as traumatising it was for all and sundry

Finally found date arrived in Pa.

After Kohberger's semester at Washington State ended this December, he and his father drove cross-country together, arriving at the family's Pennsylvania home on Dec. 13, exactly one month after the murders, Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar told ABC News.

There’s the 13th again.
So they left on Dec11.

This will not be a federal case. Also, there is nothing about felony murder that relates to crossing state lines. It is a state level offense..
Respectfully.
First degree murder is a felony, under the US Constitution.

Just discussed up thread....post 897...link to detailed post.

From post with link......
You won't find the term "felony murder" in most criminal statutes. The unnamed term is generally just one of the definitions under a first-degree murder statute.

In this case it depends predominantely on DNA evidence - in the flat and in the car, thus if there is victims DNA on the car.

I hate to say it, but i like the way he holds it since the arrest.

Waiting to see where all this goes.
I am hoping and counting on that his DNA was found on the bed and on the victims- and hopefully under some of the victims' fingernails. That would be the strongest evidence, which was then found through genealogy since his DNA was not in CODIS-- any other DNA found in his car, apartment, etc. would be helpful. If that is not the case, I would be surprised.

I paid attention to the portrait of BK’s former professor, the one at DeSales University, Michelle Bolger.

It is just a photo, but she bears some resemblance to KG. In a darker-hair version, and maybe they didn’t look alike IRL, but the type is similar. Prof. Bolger said she saw Bryan only on Zoom, so there was no direct contact and - MOO - no feeling of the atmosphere in the room.

I honestly think that the Idaho victims themselves were chosen at random, no ties between them and BK so that he could get away with it. But the similarity in the looks is uncanny.
I think random too.
But I don't know.
He wasn't there that long..
How did he know about the house?
Why did he know about it?
Did he work locally?
or did he stalk all 4 for months?

There are plenty of killers who won't kill pets and love their own pets but will kill people. The family of 4 in Ohio who killed a family of 8 people were described by their pastor as people who "wept over dogs." They left all the guard dogs alive at the 4 murder scenes and had pet dogs of their own.

This reminds me he is charged with burglary. I wonder what he took with him? I assume he took something with him from the house.

He has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder, plus felony burglary.

Burglary is the breaking/entering of a property with the intent to commit a crime therein; there is no taking requirement.

General: burglary

ID: https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/statutesrules/idstat/Title18/T18CH14.pdf

Respectfully.

You won't find the term "felony murder" in most criminal statutes. The unnamed term is generally just one of the definitions under a first-degree murder statute.
What would make this murder different than all others that are tried by the state? I can't see this being tried as a Federal Case-

Respectfully.

Sorry, you are still misunderstanding this. Of course murder is a felony level crime in both federal and all state statutes, that is not in debate. However just because first degree murder is a felony does not make it 'felony murder'.

The term 'felony murder' is a specific legal standard which covers a death that was caused during the commission of an underlying felony even if there was no intent to kill.

Last edited:
There is only ONE logical reason I can think of for the police to have said the public was not in danger--and that is if they had the person they thought committed the crime in custody. Perhaps holding him on other charges but working toward getting the evidence they needed to charge him for the murders.

I can think of no other honest reason for them to have made that claim. It could be that someone took it upon themselves to want to calm the public down--but if they didn't have someone in custody--a serial killer was loose, and they did the wrong thing. A very wrong thing.

While part of me wants to believe what LE says, I have that niggling feeling that someone on that force is more interested in controlling the narrative than being forthcoming.

My hope is that the FBI is playing a leading role in this investigation.
BBM

The police always say that. Anyone who has followed enough cases over the years knows that statements like that don't mean anything, in my opinion.

They say that because they don't want members of the public to panic, IMO. That could lead to a member of the public shooting someone who happened to take a shortcut through his or her yard, etc.

Statements like that by law enforcement should never be interpreted to mean that law enforcement has even the slightest idea who committed the crime or why, IMO.

It is just a photo, but she bears some resemblance to KG. In a darker-hair version, and maybe they didn’t look alike IRL, but the type is similar.

No disrespect but I dont understand what you may be getting at here? I personality dont think they look alike but since you do whats the significance?

What would make this murder different than all others that are tried by the state? I can't see this being tried as a Federal Case-
It won't. The charges are already filed in state court by local LE and it is two states handling the extradition process. If this was a federal case we would be looking at a different process.

BBM

The police always say that. Anyone who has followed enough cases over the years knows that statements like that don't mean anything, in my opinion.

They say that because they don't want members of the public to panic, IMO. That could lead to a member of the public shooting someone who happened to take a shortcut through his or her yard, etc.

Statements like that by law enforcement should never be interpreted to mean that law enforcement has even the slightest idea who committed the crime or why, IMO.
I don't plan on losing any sleep thinking about why the police made that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288