ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe that LE have much more than what we know.
Wonder if this will be revealed with the arrest affidavit or the probable cause docs ?

LE would also know the consequences immediate and long-term if they had an innocent person by mistake.

Last edited:
I’m terribly sad for his parents (at the moment, at least — hopefully we don’t find out that they knew anything). You raise a child, you see them go off and accomplish things, getting (or working on) a Ph D, taking care of themselves and making their own way in life. Your son comes to visit and you’re likely glad to have them home.

Then you wake up in the middle of the night to a SWAT team busting down the doors and windows to arrest said child, and later find out they’re accused of viciously murdering four innocent students.

What a mind-eff it must be for them. (And obviously for the parents of the victims! But something about knowing he was with his family when he was apprehended makes me sad for them).

All JMO

@gitana1 The thread closed while I was replying to your post.

They actually had 3 warrants served 1 for BK, 1 for the white Elantra, and 1 for the residence.
bbm
Thanks !
Even though you weren't replying to moi.

The residence warrant would cover any phones/electronics in the house, correct ?
Asking generally ... as it can vary from state to state, akaik ?

I have to believe that LE have much more than what we know.
LE would also know the consequences immediate and long-term if they had an innocent person by mistake.
Wonder if this will be revealed with the arrest affidavit or the probable cause docs ?
I think we'll learn a reasonable bit of information, but they won't show all their cards.

I’m saying it just appears like he’s been deemed guilty for sure, (people going as far as to analyze a second of a clip of him honestly not showing any expression) but we have no evidence. I’m not trying to argue or saying it’s even WS doing this, MSM is sensationalizing this to the max but that’s what they do. I was more so asking the people posting analyzing his facial expressions Is there ANY posture BK could have had that wouldn’t have “screamed” creepy, guilty, etc? Since at this point he’s guilty in the court of public opinion.

Oh, I get you now. And as someone who teaches body language and, especially micro-expression analysis (did my own first class in the subject in Fall of 1977), I will say that I too have been reluctant to say much about his expressions.

In the video of the traffic stop, that's a look of panic or fear. There are several moments where we see much of the whites of his eyes (hyper-vigilance, fear, I don't see it in his smiling pictures used as his student photos, so I can see that he's capable of other expressions than that one). In the close-up of him in the red jail suit, his pupils look a bit more dilated than those of the officers walking near him.

Fear. Anxiety. In the car: he also has the typical forehead creases that come with being perplexed or confused, but he may be looking into the sun.

People should remember that eyes, by themselves, don't have a lot of ways of communicating much more than direction of attention, steadiness of focus, vigilance and so on. It's the eyelids and the tiny muscles around the eyes that give us impressions of what the person is thinking (along with many other cues from the rest of the face and body).

One thing that BK doesn't look, especially, in that car picture is surprised. It's more like a WTH moment, with more anxiety than surprise. IMO. Need way more time with the suspect to state this as a professional opinion.

Mug shot looks exceptionally composed, attempt is to do the "dead eye" so he's probably glad you all noticed. Stare straight into the camera is step one, do not grimace or smile, keep that mouth straight. Keep those brows straight. Make the gaze level. There's ever so slightly a narrowing of the edge of the eyes that says "I'm looking at you, you're not looking at me, I know you, you don't know me."

I’m terribly sad for his parents (at the moment, at least — hopefully we don’t find out that they knew anything). You raise a child, you see them go off and accomplish things, getting (or working on) a Ph D, taking care of themselves and making their own way in life. Your son comes to visit and you’re likely glad to have them home.

Then you wake up in the middle of the night to a SWAT team busting down the doors and windows to arrest said child, and later find out they’re accused of viciously murdering four innocent students.

What a mind-eff it must be for them. (And obviously for the parents of the victims! But something about knowing he was with his family when he was apprehended makes me sad for them).

All JMO

He had more time to live, more time with his parents and family over a holiday. Nauseating.

I'm on a 1/2 hour layover at SeaTac. Could someone please catch me up on the last two hours of the thread? tysk

Sorry, the thread closed already

Extradition hearing:
  • Order that he must be extradited within 10 days
  • Some images of BK coming and going..
  • Family attended his hearing. BK said something to his family to the effect that he loved them
  • PA press conference describing arrest warrant at family's home
Indiana State Police Bodycam of traffic stop (BK's very dirty car)

bbm
Thanks !
Even though you weren't replying to moi.

The residence warrant would cover any phones/electronics in the house, correct ?
Asking generally ... as it can vary from state to state, akaik ?
YVW, Yes, they absolutely would have covered phones, computers, etc. I'm sure they will look to see exactly what BK was searching online. IMO he was definitely keeping up on the case, Moscow PD releases, maybe even trolled web sites that discussed the case to see what people were saying.

MOO

Close-ups of BK's hand from the Indiana traffic shot appear to show a healing bruise on his right hand, I believe and possible scrapes (not scratches) on the wrist of the same hand.

Someone with patience will be able to get a screen shot. It's just my opinion.

Oh, I agree.

IMO this Indiana trooper had absolutely no idea that the driver he’s pulled over was a potential suspect in an Idaho quadruple murder.

First, to my knowledge and according to the LE in my family, when a cop pulls over a car, they normally (at least in NY) position themselves towards the rear door, on the chance that it’s a road rage driver. Actually, any driver is an unknown entity at the moment and may possibly cause trouble.

For the safety of the officer, I have never seen and could never imagine an officer leaning into the car window like he did. Usually they’d ask you to “step out of the vehicle,” and they’d have a hand on their weapon in case the driver and/or passenger turned violent.

Perhaps it’s Midwestern niceties, or perhaps because there was an old
man as the passenger, IMO this trooper was very relaxed. Normal traffic stop, give them a warning and let them continue on.

It’s my opinion but a firm opinion that this officer had zero idea about Bryan. I believe he would have behaved in a much more guarded and self-protective manner if he’d had.

Not chuckling casually about airplanes and so on.
JMO
I really doubt that. Very dangerous to stop this guy. I don't think Indiana LE had any idea. JMO.

Last edited:

All JMO
So many victims Bryan has impacted, his own family amongst them.
Eta : If you love your family, you don't put them through this !
If Bryan committed that terrible crime, he destroyed many lives, including to a degree his own families' lives.

But my greatest sympathy at this current time is for the families of the four deceased.

Bryan's family can visit, give him a hug, see him smile and say; "I love you" to them, provide money for the prison commissary, care packages, hire him the best atty. available, etc.
He is alive and if convicted will still have a life, albeit behind bars !

Never again will the families of the murdered victims hear their kids say; "I love you, mom/dad ...".
Imo.

Last edited:
Close-ups of BK's hand from the Indiana traffic shot appear to show a healing bruise on his right hand, I believe and possible scrapes (not scratches) on the wrist of the same hand.

Someone with patience will be able to get a screen shot. It's just my opinion.

Attachments

• 5C15EFF0-041F-40F6-95E7-6A0B09FCA294.jpeg
    5C15EFF0-041F-40F6-95E7-6A0B09FCA294.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 207
  • FC1484C9-10B8-4827-8E61-BB779BA4A312.jpeg
    FC1484C9-10B8-4827-8E61-BB779BA4A312.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 210

All JMO
Nice to see empathy expressed in these threads. I believe the entire event is a tragedy. I wonder if an element of mental illness could be thrown in on BK's behalf. At least he could get treatment in a mental health facility. Fr I'm m an early age, a system of has failed to catch his condition before it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school