ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was saying "I Love You" to his family, correct? They are trying to make it seem like he said it to the judge or something! What a terrible headline - there is no need to try so hard to make a mass murderer seem worse!
Consider the source -- NYP/DM. I was watching the coverage live and understood he mouthed "I love you" to his sobbing mother.

But I agree he's creepy-- for other reasons.

Yeah, I wonder if he noticed any cuts, scratches, or scrapes on his son's hands or arms, like when they traveled together before Thanksgiving.

Replying to my own post to acknowledge an error..... I thought BK had traveled home for Thanksgiving but I am unable to find any viable source stating that. I probably dreamt it.

My apologies!

In all fairness, we don't know who their son really is either. There should always be a presumption of innocence which is only fair until ALL the facts have come out. This is not to say I think he is innocent, I think they apparently have enough for the arrest but anything beyond that fact is speculation, rumors, social media post, and media outlets chasing down stories that may not be entirely true. I really do hope they have their man, and I hope this is an impeccable investigation that results in a conviction, however, I'm one of those individuals who likes to see the evidence.
The evidence is now hidden behind a gag order. Unless lifted, it is likely only those admitted physically into the courtroom will know anything about it.
JMO

Annoyed, but def scared too. Good. It’s kind of funny. You cover your face if you’re embarrassed, but she claims to support her son, and his innocence. Those don’t jibe.

Of course they do. You can support your son without wanting all your business plastered across the news. Honestly if she hadn't done that, I'd wonder what's up. JMO.

Yes. Trivial things my grown children have done have given me pause and made me worry. I can't imagine, as a parent, facing the possibility that your son might be a mass murderer.

I recall poor Mrs Bundy who believed in her son's innocence up until the moment he confessed.

What a terrible thing for the victims families and this family, too. If he did do this, he sure destroyed a lot of lives.

BTK's daughter was frantically trying to think of alibis for her dad, all day, on the day he was arrested. Then LE called and told the family he had confessed. It was over, he was being charged. She *still* tried to think of alibis for her dad. She was in a state of cognitive dissonance, as he was the "best dad ever," etc.

It's so sad for the perp's families, too. The ripple effect of serious (insane) crime is something we talk about a lot in our household, as our family has psychiatrists, psychologists, teachers. We can't avoid talking about it.

I do believe that the Kohbergers at least should have had a small inkling that their son wasn't perfect, but they probably thought he had now found his "path" and would be okay. It's so sad.

My dad's father (my adopted dad) was psycho, a madman. My attempt to get statements about the exact nature of his crimes (from my family) did not always meet with honesty or a response. "He was just like that" or "He was just plain mean." Long story, but yeah, it's hard on families. Grandpa had many interactions with the law before he changed his identity and went off to exploit/annoy/terrorize other families. I think Grandma had a hard time admitting she had married such a man and "pumped sunshine" when the topic came up. His children (and his mother) were more forthcoming.

Typically, Pennsylvania search warrants are served between 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Any performance between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. is illegal unless authorized by a judge who determined that the probable cause shown for a nighttime search was sufficient.

Pennsylvania Warrant Search | StateRecords.org

pennsylvania.staterecords.org/warrant
BBM

they probably had probable cause to enter when they did, and a judge approved it. Moo.

Agree. But I also respect that he hasn't gone to trial yet. What ever happened to 'presumed innocent'?
Don't get me wrong. I highly suspect that he is guilty, but even he deserves his day in court. If not...what is court for?
He's got lawyers who have hired investigators and will get a trial.Too bad the 4 victims didn't get a chance.

He isn’t a convicted criminal, let alone mass murderer. JMO MOOO MOOO
He is a suspect, and people are going to discuss him in that frame of reference, so ... If BK had never been mentioned by LE, then no, we could not discuss him or what he's accused of.
The definition of a 'mass murderer' is the killing or four or more people, so the suspect has ticked both boxes, if LE have him dead to rights.

As far as his physical appearance, fairly unremarkable.
If i saw him at a store or in a classroom/uni setting, I wouldn't notice him at all.
Imo.

I hear that too. Interesting. But according to BK’s attorney, the trip was planned in advance weeks ago. I don’t want to judge because I do feel sorry for the family, but things that make you go hmm.
Technically, "weeks ago" could mean second week of December, following LE's announcement about the Hyundai Elantra.

Yes. Trivial things my grown children have done have given me pause and made me worry. I can't imagine, as a parent, facing the possibility that your son might be a mass murderer.

I recall poor Mrs Bundy who believed in her son's innocence up until the moment he confessed.

What a terrible thing for the victims families and this family, too. If he did do this, he sure destroyed a lot of lives.
I do have sympathy for BK’s family. My sister and her daughter caused my parents so much grief. I literally begged them to stop the insanity. My pleas fell on selfish ears. Together the both of them have been to rehab 7 times. Tore through half my parents’ savings (and my inheritance). I’ve decided to not do the unconditional love thing. Both are blocked and mostly out of my life.

It is beyond tragic what BK has done to so many families. I hope his family wisens up after the evidence is revealed.

I never understand the argument that a gag order is the right thing to prevent appeals. I don't care if someone convicted exercises his/her right to appeal. I don't want to sacrifice larger rights enshrined in our U.S. system because of fear of outcomes. Assuming sunshine on the judicial process harms that process is backward thinking IMHO.

For a limited time & purpose a gag order may serve justice. This gag order stretches through the end of the trial as now written. The defendant has yet to arrive back in Idaho so no proceeding has been held to test whether this case deserves a gag order of this breadth at this time.

I hope the press will argue against this blanket gag order. I hope the public - whom the weight of the law assumes has a right to know - is granted access to a process that affects more than just the defendant & the victims.

Here in the U.S., the public is a party with rights in criminal proceedings. Taking away those rights should be done without frequency and without duration at length with few exceptions.

MOO

What am I missing? It is an order prohibiting counsel from public discussion, not a blanket gag order. Did I miss it?

It's a shame the order didn't include family members.

Not it's not. That's a violation of their rights as private citizens of the United States. Only in the most extreme cases involving either possible death of new victims or treason or something do we lose those rights.

And the rest of us get to talk all we want, as well (which will have way more speculation and weirdness due to the gag order, but that can't be helped).

Above all, I love WS because it is a victim friendly site. Gag orders for victims is the complete opposite of what helps them heal as well as a violation of their rights as humans and Americans. Let them speak.

Let the court officials command the members of the court as they wish - but not the whole world. I'm truly shocked by this pov.

Read the order here:

Tightlipped police say they will no longer be communicating with the public

MOSCOW, Idaho – An Idaho judge issued a gag order Tuesday evening blocking investigators and attorneys on both sides from discussing the murder case against Bryan Christopher Kohberger, the Pennsylvania man accused of killing four college students in November.

"On January 3, 2023, Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall issued a nondissemination order in regard to the murder case against Bryan C. Kohberger," Moscow police said in a statement. "The order prohibits any communication by investigators, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and agents of the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney concerning this case."

The department, which has been tight-lipped about the case for the past seven weeks already, said it would "no longer be communicating with the public or the media" regarding the high-profile murder...​

I snagged this and enlarged it. There looks to be a cut/abrasion on his right arm covered partially by his sleeve and on the knuckle of his second finger of his right hand. This was about a month after the murder. Looks to be healing. This was middle of Dec. Arrest end of Dec. Did no one see this or was it completely healed by arrest?

IDAHO  2023-01-03_21-58-07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member