ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, given the presumption of innocence in this country, js.

Yeah, I had pictured him demanding to do online courses from jail.

However, Student Code of Conduct is relevant here. While he's innocent criminally at this point in time, there are all manner of actions a university can take against him. I am guessing his profs have complained and started a process of removing him from campus. Students can be banned from campus for all kinds of minor things; BCK's behavior in the grading issue alone could be enough.

Also, his direct supervisors (the professors) will likely unanimously refuse to work with him (fire him) and therefore he will not have what he needs to continue in the program, logistically or financially.

Somewhere, at WSU, there has been a process, I'm sure. Prof B (his master's advisor) probably ought not to have spoken about a potential case of academic dishonesty, either.

I wonder if BCK made his December rent payment. Paid his student fees, etc. If not, they'll take away his BINGO card and he won't get to play student at WSU any more.

The PA State Police plane is still on the ground at Willard Airport.

Is it refueling or have they moved BK?

Fox News just stated that he was found to be around the victims very often with his phone pinging from their location often, and had been stalking the victims.

I believe this to be unsubstantiated and hasn’t been verified by LE at any point?

So much of the reports on this case are not actual facts which leads to a lot of confusion.
Yes I saw that Fox clip and agree

iirc that whole thing started with an anonymous Facebook post which then made it's way to the Daily Mail. LE have never said that and I find it hard to believe MPD are leaking info

We had/still have a lot of bad weather in WI and MN, Minneapolis airport had about a foot of snow, it's a mess in MN.
How was a random FAA flight from Battle Creek to Champaign (which has an international airport) become a suspected prisoner transfer flight? Note... FAA regional flight ops is located in Battle Creek. I don't believe that the FAA transfers prisoners for LE.

or his rubbish or anything at all.
When did they actually identify him as a suspect though is the big question, prior to DNA confirmation?
Whenever the genealogy results came in. With the Golden State Killer they had a list of 5 potential suspects.

I think the fact he lived so close also would've set off alarm bells immediately, coupled with the car.

I find this whole case fascinating. I know that there's lives lost and grieving families and friends. I've lost enough people to know the pain

It seems like just enough info has trickled out every few days to keep people engaged.

Agree that this is used to help determine tod, but they released their approximate ToD prior to the autopsy being done, which leads me to believe there is some non-biological evidence that LE is using to determine that 3-4 time frame.

Very likely the Apple watch, IMO. E can be seen wearing his in a couple of photos. Guys often wear their watches 24/7 (and so do some girls, although judging from tan lines, none of the women were wearing an Apple watch all the time, IMO).

A rough estimate of ToD can be made simply by stage of rigor/body temp. However, that hour-long window is very likely much narrow now that the autopsy is done. They will release the autopsy if this goes to trial (and may do so anyway, I don't know the rules in ID).

I'm curious if, now that they have a suspect, LE will revisit the home invasion stabbings in Washington and Illinois (if I remember correctly) that were brought up on this forum to see if there's matching DNA. In at least one of those cases, a man and woman were attacked, the man fatally.

It's still hard for me to imagine a quadruple murder being someone's first murders.

For what I know, separation of DNA from a sample mixed with another person's sample (DNA purification via disruption of the cellular structure ) takes circa 24 hrs, and was completed by end of first week max. Around that time they eliminated 'usual suspects' from victims inner circles
In a mixed sample or probable mixed sample the first step is actually to look for markers of the sex- i.e. is there both a male and a female profile and next to quantify the sample to see if they have enough amplify. That takes longer than the final step (which can be as short as 90 minutes).

Maybe he was sleeping in his criminology 101 class and missed the part about "CAMERAS ON EVERY CORNER". Which by the way was what called attention to the make and model of his car. To say this crime was poorly executed is an understatement. Here is a man that is supposedly OCD in addition to highly educated pursuing a PHD in Criminology and he leaves DNA evidence at the crime scene in addition to the way he dealt with his car that the whole country was looking for. I agree that it appears he wasn't trying to pull off the perfect crime. What he was trying to accomplish is a mystery to me but he couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up to be arrested and prosecuted.
Pithy. You said it well.

That’s in a court of law. I can’t imagine the backlash the president of that university would receive if BK was still listed as being enrolled for classes.
I genuinely thought that they would just do a formal suspension.

IDK if he has any contract with WSU, for example, to cover his role as a teaching assistant so idk if employment law applies.

Maybe it's just me, but when he mouthed I love you to his parents, it slightly changed what I may have thought about him, so hard to say. Before we knew anything, many thought he was a heartless person with no emotion, just a <modsnip - namecalling> murderer, and would just fight anything to be right. Now, I'm not so sure what to expect. Could still be, but I am thinking slightly differently about the suspect than I did before (regarding personal motivation specifically) JMO
I think that 'I love you' was a manipulation by him, to keep his family supportive, and to make him look like a 'good guy.' It was for the cameras as well, most likely.

If he really truly loved his mom, he wouldn't have done what he allegedly did, imo.

There's no way he could attend while being held w/o bail and awaiting trial. There are no educational resources for him to even attend online classes.
Universities operate under different standards for student conduct expectations. Those standards are higher than just simply "don't get arrested." You are expected to be (and agree with your admission request) to conduct yourself with respect towards others and your community. University administrators can separate him from the university based on his being a threat to health and safety of their community. I am sure it's a decision the university's general counsel is willing to take based on the notoriety of the case and the evidentiary standard used to get the probable cause warrant to arrest BCK in PA. What happens if he gets exonerated? Small chance of that, but then maybe, just maybe, he could argue he was separated from WSU for an unjust and unwarranted reason. It's a risk WSU is willing to take, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93