ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from what was apparently taken out of his apartment in Pullman, he left nearly all his things in WA. I think he might have been just as panicked and disorganized by that point as Brian Laundrie was when he fled cross country.

Once in his parents' home, I bet BCK collapsed and his hyperactive mindset slowed down. He knew he'd be caught, but if he hadn't been arrested by now, I do wonder if he would have flown or driven back to WA or just abandoned his things there (his computer was there).

I doubt he erased the hard drive, and if he did, surely he'd have to back up a lot of his data, because he was supposed to be a doctoral student. Of course, it's possible he didn't do a whit of work on any potential dissertation plan, given the circumstances.
If in what I think was his plan he anticipated a visit from LE I don't think he would have left anything on a hard drive that even resembled a plan. Anything that was on a hard drive would have been innocuous and easily explained as "work/study related'. But, who knows how savvy he is when it comes to technology. He may have had incriminating evidence on a hard drive and subsequently removed the drive and destroyed it. He may have used a chromebook or similar machine with no hard drive and all his work was done in the cloud. He may have backed up his work onto a flash drive that he carried with him. Or, he could have left everything out in the open not even password protected or encrypted.

If he did do nefarious online "things", he may have done so via a public wi-fi or ponied off a neighboring wi-fi that wasn't secured. Many places such as hospitals and libraries and probably buildings at the university have "open" wi-fi accessible while you're in the parking lot..you don't even have to go inside. Some require a password and some don't. It would be next to impossible to identify a specific internet user under those circumstances.

IMO, if he had his plan in electronic format he kept it with him at all times and it would be on something small enough to flush should the need arise.
moo

Yes!!

“Hello officer, have you heard of this crime? Oh you couldn’t hear me? DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS CRIME, IN THE AREA I’M COMING FROM?!?”
I honestly think they were fishing to see if the shooting by chance had something to do with the murders. Maybe the dad wanted to calm his suspicions about his son or Brian was hoping they had the wrong guy.

“Hello officer, have you heard of this crime? Oh you couldn’t hear me? DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS CRIME, IN THE AREA I’M COMING FROM?!?”
[/QUOTE]

This could have felt a little exciting for him. I think that cops where I live would have been a bit more suspicious when he said that. Wondering why he brought it up, was he nervous, if it had been nighttime the flashlight would have been right in his eyes checking the pupils. Then a once over of the car. Guess it’s a northeast thing.

He could have been on unpaid leave for a while, till is ckear where this goes. But here are obvious efforts to destroy him before even is known what they have against him.
Destroy him ? A cold-blooded, sick souled, horrible human who is not decent. Where this goes, if the crazy-law-system we have, is to a cage for the rest of his sad, sordid, life ! OJ got away with it. Skakel got away with it. Cosby the pervert got away with it. Crimes are not necessarily proved or found guilty in our law system. Rather, when the Chief of Police states they have their killer, take his advice and wisdom. They are going to have a boatload of forensics and evidence. Mister oh-so-clever killer, forgot the teachings... when you take, you also leave. Probably all over the place. Bless our Law Enforcement who have to be around this killer monster under the bed. Yikes. Destroy him is too easy. He deserves much worse. 4 dead innocent students under the ages of 22 !!!

Destroy? He was arrested for quadruple 1st degree homicide. I do not understand. The University would continue employment after that? I am completely uneducated so if you could please elaborate? I just don't follow.
I don't know about Idaho, but in PA you cannot take employment action unless there is a conviction.
ETA: You can place on paid/unpaid leave pending investigation, but you couldn't legally terminate employment.

Bryan Kohberger's new female attorney famously overturned murder conviction after exposing lying Idaho cop: 'Quadruple killer' turns to public defender Anne Taylor - who has ALREADY scoured crime scene​

• Anne Taylor, 57, will be part of the team representing Bryan Kohberger

Did we miss the mass shooting those two were talking about?

No. It wasn’t a mass shooting—just a standoff where LE shot and killed the person in question.

At the time, some people thought that they might have caught the stabbing suspect—but that idea fizzled quickly, so there was minimal discussion of it, here.

MOO

Last edited:
I honestly think they were fishing to see if the shooting by chance had something to do with the murders. Maybe the dad wanted to calm his suspicions about his son or Brian was hoping they had the wrong guy. Otherwise, why would some random sheriff from Indiana have any clue about a non-newsworthy shooting at a college town thousands of miles away

good catch ( didn't notice it until now)
Also do you see how he uses the ' I'm studying criminal justice' to try and divert or manipulate the cop?
He didn't need to say what he's actually studying

Very intense gaze again.
Yeah, to me, BK actually appears nervous in that footage. Neither he nor his father is giving clear, direct answers to the questions. And this is the guy who, according to those who knew him best, always knew what he was going to say before he said it.

If the Moscow Police Criminal Complaint and PCA were already filed in Latah County District Court, I think BK's public defender, Anne Taylor, probably received a copy just as soon as she filed notice as his counsel.

Since we know she inspected the crime scene on Tuesday-- on behalf of her client, I doubt the DA would make her wait for the formal appointment by the court as BK's public defender.

By Idaho Statute, the probable cause affidavit is currently sealed and cannot be unsealed for public release until BK is returned to Idaho and is served with the arrest warrant for four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary.

Just as I don't doubt that Anne Taylor was instrumental in the gag order by Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall on January 3, 2023, I think it likely that at most, the only document that will be unsealed and released to the public after BK's initial hearing will be the Arrest Warrant/Police Complaint, and the PCA will remain sealed until the parties can agree to appropriate redaction for the protection of victims, and until Taylor can discuss the charges with her client.

IMO, it's really going to hinge on the length and content of the PCA.

Given the nature of this high-profile case, I think the Court will give extraordinary consideration to the victims when making the decision not to immediately unseal the PCA.

Unlike the media, the Court recognizes there are four murder victims and four impacted families that are victims when rendering a decision.

TITLE 19 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 53 - COMPENSATION OF VICTIMS OF CRIMES
19-5306. RIGHTS OF VICTIM DURING INVESTIGATION, PROSECUTION, AND DISPOSITION OF THE CRIME. (1) Each victim of a criminal or juvenile offense shall be:

[..]

(2) Upon the filing of a criminal complaint or juvenile petition, the prosecuting attorney shall inform the victim of the various opportunities provided by this section. The victim may exercise any of the rights provided by this section by completing a written request on a form provided by the prosecuting attorney to the clerk of the district court. The clerk thereafter shall notify the appropriate authorities of the victim’s requests. Notice thereafter shall be given to the victim at the address provided unless the victim subsequently provides a different address. The victim’s address shall be kept confidential by the court except for carrying out the provisions of this chapter.

(3) The provisions of this section shall apply equally to the immediate families of homicide victims or immediate families of victims of such youthful age or incapacity as precludes them from exercising these rights personally. The court may designate a representative from the immediate family to exercise these rights on behalf of a deceased, incapacitated, or minor victim.

(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a court to dismiss a case, to set aside or void a finding of guilt or an acceptance of a plea of guilty, or to obtain appellate, habeas corpus, or other relief from any criminal judgment, for a violation of the provisions of this section; nor be construed as creating a cause of action for money damages, costs or attorney’s fees against the state, a county, a municipality, any agency, instrumentality or person; nor be construed as limiting any rights for victims previously conferred by statute; nor be construed to require the court appointment of legal counsel or the payment of transportation costs.

(5) As used in this section:
(a) "Victim" is an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial or emotional harm as the result of the commission of a crime or juvenile offense;
(b) "Criminal offense" is any charged felony or a misdemeanor involving physical injury, or the threat of physical injury, or a sexual offense;
(c) "Juvenile offense" is charged conduct that is a violation of law that brings a juvenile within the purview of chapter 5, title 20, Idaho Code, and which conduct committed by a juvenile would be a felony if committed by an adult.
Thank you for the information. I hope it doesn't go that way tho because I want to see it.
Thank you for sharing.

“Hello officer, have you heard of this crime? Oh you couldn’t hear me? DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS CRIME, IN THE AREA I’M COMING FROM?!?”This could have felt a little exciting for him. I think that cops where I live would have been a bit more suspicious when he said that. Wondering why he brought it up, was he nervous, if it had been nighttime the flashlight would have been right in his eyes checking the pupils. Then a once over of the car. Guess it’s a northeast thing.

When you really think about it IS TRULY BIZARRE he brought that up. For us true crime obsessed it seems normal but when has anyone you know ever started talking about murders when they were pulled over?!!! I’m actually very surprised the cop didn’t call this one in, the whole encounter is very strange.

Also wondering if BK used that shooting as a convenient excuse to get the h out of dodge.

Did we miss the mass shooting those two were talking about?
we weren't allowed to discuss it on the MT so mainly discussed it in PMs

It was the services veteran with PTSD who argued with & threatened roomies, they called the LE. He barricaded himself in the apartment block. Block evacuated. WSU put out one of those general alerts. He fired off almost 30 shots before being shot by LE.

Pullman/Moscow airport is outside of Pullman, in an area called "The Palouse" because everything around Pullman and Moscow is rolling hills of mainly Wheat. That airport is also about 6 miles from Moscow, with what looks like only one road to take to Moscow. If they are truly concerned about security and a massive media presence, this airport would not be a good choice, this is absolutely MOO.
Just an idea...they may not fly into a close airport. When I lived in South Dakota, President Bush went to Sioux Falls for something, and the Secret Service brought him to our small town's airport 45 minutes away instead of flying him out of Sioux Falls. Not comparing BK to a president by any means, just suggesting they may be flying BK into an area airport and driving him to Moscow (to avoid media and crowds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93