ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they are currently enroute to Rapid City (KRAP).

The 1st pic below shows the direct flight line from Champaign to Rapid City, as they pass over Sioux City.

The 2nd pic shows their actual flight path.

It doesn’t get much closer than that when using two brands of maps with a line over that great of distance.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 38
EXCELLENT POINT, you are the first commentator that has mentioned that (to my knowledge). IMO that solidifies my theory that they traffic stops were initiated to "slow down" the suspect and let other teams get in place.
IMO standard operating procedure is get the ID, go back to your patrol vehicle and run the plate# and DL info.
Yes, good point. And perhaps to get a good look at BK, and assess his physical appearance, demeanour, etc.

Disclaimer, I’m from the UK. I have no idea about sororities or fraternities or whatever these are but…
At DeSale University, their website states ‘DeSales University chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society, brings together high-achieving students from the DeSales undergraduate traditional day, ACCESS, and graduate programs…..’ etc. (linked)
I know that a victim KG was also associated with Alpha Phi Sigma…
Is it possible that could be linked if BK was involved, despite different universities?APS Official Merchandise

Well, my opinion is that the Honor Societies (like Phi Beta Kappa) are not Greek Life entities. They are just clubs. They do not own residences, and membership is contingent entirely upon course of study and GPA. IOW, no rush, no pledges. There's usually an induction, but again, it's not up to the members to choose new members. One has to take the appropriate coursework, declare a major and then maintain a high GPA. He was in one for psychology.

I don't think KG's sorority was APS and do not see a source for her being in a criminal justice program at all. She was a General Studies Major, according to the press release by U of ID President. She was Alpha Phi, but not Alpha Phi Sigma.

Older societies are the ones more likely to have two Greek letters.. So KG was Alpha Phi, a national sorority, not Alpha Phi Sigma, a national honor society for both genders and not run in the manner of a Greek sorority.

Don't know about injuries but the DNA to identify him may have come from hands.

Investigators secured each of the victims’ hands in forensic bags before their bodies were removed from the grim crime scene in Moscow, Idaho, last month, coroner Cathy Mabbutt told Fox News on Monday.

Snip

DNA expert Matthew Gamette, director of the Idaho State Police Forensic Services Laboratory Systems, added that any evidence collected would likely take weeks to test.
Will a Dr. Look at his hands /arms when he gets into Idaho to see if there are any scars? Can old 2 1\2 month injures be visible? Now that these pics have become public? Do you think LE when stopping them mentioned to Idaho about hands? Just MO ...

"We had officers breaking down at the scene," a law enforcement source who is familiar with the case tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "It wasn't a clean crime scene. There was cross contamination between the rooms. This wasn't a professional job — this was something more haphazard."

….

"We're operating on the assumption that at least one of the victims knew the person or persons responsible," says the police source. "But nothing is really off the table. We don't want to rule anything out until we know for sure."

I was once pulled over for speeding and they tacked on following too closely. I don’t even know what the actual rule distance is besides “1 car per 10 mph,” my car now has radar cruise control which follows at three car lengths.
I pick a point and count 1 - 4 Mississippi to make sure I'm far enough back. We were taught that in driver's ed in Indiana in the dark ages. I have 3 grandkids and still do that. Never been pulled over for following too closely.

OK, I'm satisfied that BK had long left Pullman when the SWAT stand-off and shooting of 30-year-old male happened near the WSU campus on 12/14/22. Like 30 hours ago...

For illustration purposes, the county seat of Hancock County, Indiana is Greenfield and per Google maps, the travel distance from Pullman, WA to Greenfield, IN is about 2,047 miles or 30 hours. At this point, BK's about 620 miles from home or Albrightsville, PA.

1672866329126.png

30 hr (2,047.7 mi) via I-94 E and I-90 E

Hancock County, Indiana - Wikipedia

Attachments

• 1672866107333.png
    1672866107333.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
And perhaps to get a good look at BK, and assess his physical appearance, demeanour, etc.

And to assess his dad's comfort level too. After all, for all LE knew, dad could be turned into a kind of hostage. Bryan could have told his dad all about the situation (which I believe he did not) and dad was agitated and Bryan was speeding and tailgating. For all they knew, all heck was breaking out in that car.

I think they wanted to assess BK and to do a little welfare check on Dad.

Will a Dr. Look at his hands /arms when he gets into Idaho to see if there are any scars? Can old 2 1\2 month injures be visible? Now that these pics have become public? Do you think LE when stopping them mentioned to Idaho about hands? Just MO ...

I posted yesterday about forensic photography. Yes, I believe he will be reexamined and they have special lights they bring in, and sometimes use MRI or similar to try and determine wounds from a month or two before.

It's not the whole book. P 262 has interesting example pictures. The last section considers to what degree older scratches and lacerations can be seen with special photography.

"We had officers breaking down at the scene," a law enforcement source who is familiar with the case tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "It wasn't a clean crime scene. There was cross contamination between the rooms. This wasn't a professional job — this was something more haphazard."

….

"We're operating on the assumption that at least one of the victims knew the person or persons responsible," says the police source. "But nothing is really off the table. We don't want to rule anything out until we know for sure."
Oh no, People magazine got fooled too:

Authorities have not publicly disclosed a motive in the murders, and its unclear how Kohberger knew the victims — although he had previously followed at least 2 of them on Instagram, a police source tells PEOPLE.

The state of Indiana put out a statement that the police didn't know he was a suspect at the time of these traffic stops.
Thank You! I knew it. There is no way a LE agency would purposely put their traffic cops in that kind of lethal danger.

My sons greatest fear when he was on patrol, was to do a random stop and be met with a driver who'd just killed someone and was on the run. It can go sideways very fast.

I'd say that academic employment doesn't work that way. Alethea is right - it's mostly at will employment (except for the tenured, who can be said to "own" their jobs).

Student status is *always* conditional on good student conduct - it's right in their handbook and in the registration papers they sign. It's a contract. University can revoke and does revoke access at any time according to its own investigations. Happens for many reasons and happens all the time. There are rules and policies, based on each state's Ed Code (law). First layer of protection is the classroom itself. We teachers can ask a student to leave the class for many reasons and they must leave. Then, there's a process for them to get back in. Most students refuse to go through that process.

I'm sure that BCK will be offered a chance to go through that process, if he petitions (as one has to do), once he's out of jail/prison. If he's found not guilty, he can surely use that petition process to rectify his student status, but no one ever has to offer him a job. All university employment (even of the tenured) is subject to funding and availability of work. There are entire sections of Ed Code and union contracts devoted to this.

Thank you for the explanation. Rules differ to where I used to study.

The timing is intriguing, especially as he successfully completed his first semester and was already enrolled for the spring semester. So, academically he was in line with the rules of the university, right? It must be something else, then.

But as long as it is not against the academic rules, of this university of which i am not in position to comment, he will have to comply with the rules.

Employment is a different matter altogether.

The question I have regarding the two traffic stops IF they were planned to assess the situation was, why do them so close together? This is a massive cross-country drive. And he is pulled over twice in quick succession (not sure if I missed the exact time between them but it has been described as back-to-back). Why would LE do that, rather than have someone in, say, North Dakota pull them over and then Indiana to assess the situation at different points in the drive? Not saying it couldn't have been planned (IMO, I am leaning towards them being actual real traffic stops but it is interesting the ID was not run), but just curious as to this timing if it was planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie