ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PCA was more horrifying than I had imagined. Poor D must be really struggling with it all.

I have probably missed this somewhere along the line (it is very hard to keep up!), but a few weeks ago there was a video that a neighbour had filmed of a scream from the house that night. I’ve not heard of it for some time now - was it discredited? If not, does anyone know what time it happened and how that fits with what we now know about the timings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they have his car and it looks like it hadn't been detailed since the murders will be interesting to see if they have blood/dna from the victims in there. I'm hoping so.
Yes, I will be interested to find out what they were able to get from the car, including some more DNA evidence of BK's to match with what was on the sheath.

Maybe there is a really simple explanation that that her phone was dead and her charger was elsewhere and she was too scared to leave her room after what she had seen. IMO

My guess is she locked the door and tried to call her friends upstairs.. . only to get no answer... thus assuming they were asleep.

By no means is she to be judged here! 100% agree she is also a victim.

Now they have his car and it looks like it hadn't been detailed since the murders will be interesting to see if they have blood/dna from the victims in there. I'm hoping so.
That would be golden. I can't imagine a scenario where any of their DNA should be in his car. Not friends, not classmates. IMO, JMO.

The PCA was more horrifying than I had imagined. Poor D must be really struggling with it all.

I have probably missed this somewhere along the line (it is very hard to keep up!), but a few weeks ago there was a video that a neighbour had filmed of a scream from the house that night. I’ve not heard of it for some time now - was it discredited? If not, does anyone know what time it happened and how that fits with what we now know about the timings?

From what I read neighbor has camera/audio 50 feet from e &x bedroom, it picked up voices of whimper followed by loud thud, a dog can also be heard.

Just wondering if X and E were not targets and only were killed because X was awake and in the main area of the home. Doesn't change anything, just curious.
IMO
I’m really curious as to who the targets really were, if he had any.

I always thought it was random crime and they just didn’t realize there was two more housemates (as we were under the impression the survivors were on a different floor). But if the affidavit is right in insinuating he saw her, that’s extremely curious to me. Unless he wanted to get caught? But that also doesn’t seem to add up.

Feels like every day I have more questions

When I was in my teens some friends played a practical joke on me during Halloween season. There was an abandoned house that people would hang out in. They put three heads of cabbage in the house covered in ketchup. It was at night and they said "three heads". I was frozen and in shock and thought the heads were real. They had to carry me out with my knees bent. I couldn't walk for the longest time. It's possible that she was in shock.

I am not blaming anyone. I was not in that situation to even imagine. After all, DM is available now to put BK behind bars, and it matters.

But it is possible that someone (maybe Ethan?) stood up for the first victims. Or maybe the 3d floor stood for the second one? My respect to whoever it was. At least one victim, maybe two, were unintended, and we need to mention their courage at standing up for their friends and housemates.

Catching up (almost impossible!), hoping not repeat thoughts here - if sheath was next to Maddie she may have been target #1. Sounds like it was her first possibly.

Scream/whimper/thud at 4:17am would've been X, then falling to ground and then dog starts barking.

Edit: correction as I had 2nd part wrong

In answer to some of considering motive: <modsnip: stating opinion as fact>

His general personality has been described by friends and clasmates as severe outlier in ego. There was some kind of event at his school shortly before, where undergraduate students he was grading , felt he had been overly critical in his remarks on their papers and given them unfairly low grade. Some kind of semi-public dressing down by his academic and intellection "lessors" occurred, which given possible ego issues, could have been profoundly humiliatingly, and put him over the edge. he could have projected and focused his anger on any undergrads, especially if there were undergrads he knew who had, in his perception, also humiliated, rejected or insulted him. he could have been ideating killing for a long time, and some set of events set him off

Thankful for a survivor who can place him at the scene !
BK is toast.
LE have him dead to rights.

I wish he'd plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court, and spare the families from a horrifying trial ...having to recount and relive those moments.

Sadly, my guess is that he'll take the coward's way out and force a lengthy trial.
Ugh.
Imo.

Thank God he lost his knife sheath with his DNA on it at the crime scene.

The PCA was horrible to read. May he get the death penalty if found guilty.

"As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds. I also later noticed what appeared to be a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side (when viewed from the door). The sheath was later processed and had "Ka-Bar" 'USMC" and the United States Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it. The Idaho state lab later located a single source of male DNA (suspect Profile) left on the button snap of the knife sheath."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever