ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say imo he did not kill Dm though he could have and that LE were right in that there were specific targets that night in that house. That's not to say the public were safe from him after and before . Just that one person he could have killed that night and didn't
Nothing says he saw her, only that she saw him. Absolutely possible he never even saw her.

I will respectfully disagree. the car and the phone signals data don't put him inside the house, or associate him with the likely murder weapon. The DNA does. The DNA is the only thing that puts him in the house with virtual certainty.

I agree with us here not judging the surviving roommate's actions due to shock and other factors, but that doesn't mean we can't note that a defense attorney wont go after her credibility.

And to given she said he had a mask on, she almost certainly is not going to rise to the level of a definitive eyewitness identification of Kuhberger.

The phone signals and car just could be explained say he had a crush and inappropriately obsessed, which is not even a crime. The DNA evidence is orders of magnitude more difficult for the defense to explain
Frankly speaking, he needs to plead guilty to avoid the death penalty, if he cares. This affidavit only begins to disclose essential facts to have him charged. There’s more which will not be disclosed until he enters a plea. Prosecutors never reveal the complete evidence at arraignment, no need. I have no doubt that his attorney will advise wisely.

I am trying to catch up, but going down in flames fast over here. I was wondering the same thing about why he chose that night. Now that we now how often he went by the house, maybe he just kept going by until there was a night with no party. All those drives by might have been him looking for the best window of time. JMOO
That was a big party night. There was a footbaLL game and it was homecomming wknd.

Early on, many of us wondered about the amount of confidence, hubris, or arrogance required to commit this crime. I count myself among you.

Now that we know who is in custody, the question remains, but we have more background to consider these questions in context.

We don’t know a ton about BK. But we do have some knowledge. He is reported by peers to be a bully and to have been the subject of bullying.

He may have had a drug problem in high school. He may have conquered that in rehab. And that is commendable, imo. He also embarked on some sort of weight loss program, successfully. Whether that entailed drug use remains to be seen. And he has an interesting, if not concerning academic path. IME, it’s unusual for someone to fight the kind of fights that BK has fought without some kind of support.

There are lots of different ways to frame BK’s issues. The one I keep turning to is whether he is an internalizer or externalizer. This is my own predilection.

If BK has relied on support in the past to get him through personal challenges, then I would expect he would also do that wrt to the crimes he is alleged to have committed. Having read the pca, I have no doubt that he committed the crimes.

But like many here wonder, I am struck by the mistakes he made along the way. It could be the case that he wants to be caught. It could be the case that he was book smart and common sense dumb.

But looking through his past (to the extent we know of it and can make sense of it), it seems to me quite likely that he derived his sense of self confidence from an outside source. It defies logic that he would have made the mistakes he made. It defies logic that he would have left a witness.

My own guess is that BK was egged on by someone who knew exactly how to manipulate him.

Again, the culpability is his. But if there is a troll out there who contributed in any way to BK’s crimes, I hope that individual is found.

All moo.

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
Wow, I don’t see half of that as accurate! The man talking and the person crying are more than likely 2 different people. The dog was found in KG’s room and the two girls were found in Mm’s room. And I’ve only skimmed the PCA so far.

Wasn’t it posted that LE can’t fish garbage out for a DNA sample in Washington State? If they got around that by getting familial DNA from his parents’ home in Pennsylvania - clever.
Fishing out garbage at his apartment or on campus would have been futile since the garbage was full of DNA from everyone else who used the garbage.

At a public space, they would have needed to "catch him in the act" of dumping a water bottle or something similar in the trash and retrieved it immediately.

Thankful for a survivor who can place him at the scene !
BK is toast.
LE have him dead to rights.

I wish he'd plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court, and spare the families from a horrifying trial ...having to recount and relive those moments.

Sadly, my guess is that he'll take the coward's way out and force a lengthy trial.
Ugh.
Imo
Not an ironclad eye witness as she could not see his face but does add to supporting the timeline and BK fitting in that timeline per phone pings, turning phone off and on, will be important in prosecuting this case.
Thank you, I was just about to post similar thoughts. I am certain that DM would have called 911 IF she had seen one or more of her roommates' bodies. She did not know who this person was, only that he startled her and she felt scared. She didn't know if one of her other roommates had invited him over. If you didn't know that he'd just murdered 4 of your roommates, there'd be no reason to call 911 after he left. MOO
Agree, college life, how often did roommates have unannounced guests, my guess is maybe was not that unusual. As previously stated by another poster, if KB was wearing a covid type mask, that would not raise alarm bells. Doordash had been delivered moments before the murders. I realize deliveries drivers do not normally come in but again, college life, maybe she assumed delivery driver was let in the house for some reason. Maybe her hearing it’s "OK I’m here to help" made her think whatever was going on the situation was being handled. I don’t think you’re mind would instantly go to I wonder if my roommates have been murdered or hurt? I don’t think there’s that same protective thought pattern such as a parent hearing something and always going to check on their child etc. MOO

True that one of the survivors saw him, but with the mask I am not sure she would be able to actually identify him. The only thing she mentioned was bushy eyebrows. But I think that other evidence that was in the indictment along with other evidence LE most likely has will be more than enough. MOO
I think she might remember his eyes since they are quite unique.

Has to be creepy for LE to see the surveillance of the car driving back and forth, knowing now what was about to happen. I think when BK came in the first time, the DoorDash car was arriving or in the driveway and he had to circle a couple times.

I know K worked for Dutch Bros for awhile. Students said they always saw BK with coffee. Dutch Bros is known for young, attractive baristas. Whenever I’d drive through the lines were 10 cars deep in both directions and I noticed creeps for sure not just there for coffee. I wonder if that is a connection.

Do you think there may be more audio that was picked up but for some reason that info is not in the affidavit? Seems like there could be more audio from the security camera that close to the wall of Xana’s room?

Can you imagine his panic upon realizing he left the sheath on the bed?? And the drive-by (or near) the house the next morning, maybe to see if he could get in to get it, but chickening out? And all this time wondering, do they have my DNA from the sheath?

Holy cow.

I just had to bring this post from thread 4 forward from @MassGuy he totally called it that the sheath was left behind.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

I linked the wrong post, but here is the post I was referring to:

That's very specific, especially considering there are numerous manufacturers of "combat style" knives.

If it's true they were in fact searching for that brand, then the sheath being found makes the most sense to me.

That would have been a massive mistake on the killer's part, as in addition to purchase records potentially helping the investigation, it would probably be a great source of touch DNA.
Hahahaha. Every once in a while I get one right. He planned this meticulously, apparently scouting out the location repeatedly, months prior. What a stupid mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave