ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I think the most likely scenario is that the killer has serious tunnel vision at that point, just saw the sliding door and just didn't see her.
This is very possible. But you have to wonder how he made it to Xana’s room before D’s. D’s door is right by the stairs - So he passed it twice, going up/down from the 3rd floor. And Xana’s room is harder to get to than D’s. I wonder if her door was locked? He must’ve not have tried to even enter if it was locked because I can’t imagine her coming out to see what was going on after hearing someone try to get into her room. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it was an ordinary event for students to go back and forth among various parties, with nearby Sigma Chi being a typical example - and there are 3 other similar houses nearby - I think the simplest explanation is that BK simply went and looked for parties at U of ID, where he would be a stranger and an older (from his POV) impressive grad student, and followed people from party to party. There are 2500 members of Greek life at U of ID, over a period of a few months, he would have seen quite a few of them more than once, narrowed down his focus, and then started sussing out whose living situation was most vulnerable.

JMO. Speculating.

True enough. And now that it's possible that he went south down toward Ouray, CO, makes even more sense (driving on a snow-cleared interstate is a bit different, but you're right, just going to get gas, etc, ends up with layers of ice and gunk in that kind of weather - I always forget that, as where I live, precipitation does not come down in the form of sleet or snow and instead, washes our cars for us.

In any case, no way that he was able to clean the interior well enough to destroy all blood evidence/DNA. Although he might have been prepared with plastic bags, it appears he did not wear booties. So I doubt he put booties on in his car - but maybe. Maybe he had a seat cover and then removed it. I hope, if so, they find a record of him ordering said seat cover not too long before the murders. He does appear to have been very concerned with planning around blood splash and transfer.
I agree that he probably did try to blend in at crowded locations where he could observe the the victims, but as a non-member and male he wouldn't have been allowed in any of the actual fraternity houses, imo

That's the big one.
Where did or could he have gained such experience?
I have a good knowledge of anatomy and physiology but still I would have to think about it, for a few minutes..
eg the carotid artery, in the neck.. would it be here or over further to the left or maybe slightly more to the right? ETC.

It looks like he spent approx 3 minutes on each victim, including moving from victim to victim, including one if not two or three of them being awake?
How is that even possible?
I cannot figure it out.

Even a butcher, killing for a living would be hard pushed to kill 4 animals in different locations at an abattoir?
Consider the fact that 3 of the victims were women and all 4 were inebriated and most likely very tired plus there is the total shock of somebody entering their room with a combat knife in his hand. Most people just freeze. I'd guess at least two of them weren't even awake when he attacked them.

The shoe print puts him inside the house. Surely, during their search warrants the authorities have been searching for this pair of Van's among his items.

View attachment 392851

122922 Affidavit - Exhibit A - Statement of Brett Payne.pdf | PDF Host
Couldn’t it be outside as well?
Maybe. What is you line of thinking? That he's innocent?
not at all. Just that the print could be outside. I really just want to understand if inside. And furthermore why there is only one print mentioned. I would’ve expected multiple prints in the home from some type of shoe unless he had shoe covers on and took off outside and thus the print is outside.

His DNA at the scene on the knife sheath, his footprint outside, his cell phone movements, and his car, all place him at the crime scene at the time of the murder. He's dead to rights, IMO. I wonder if he'll strike a deal to avoid the death penalty in the near future.
Yes, after this PCA, it seems more likely than it did before.

The shoe print puts him inside the house. Surely, during their search warrants the authorities have been searching for this pair of Van's among his items.

View attachment 392851

Not to be snarky, but he was probably still wearing them when they caught him. OR, they were in his closet.

I'm not betting anything that I'm right, it just won't surprise me at all. I mean, they do cost about $50 and are considered "cool" in certain age groups.

Also does the fact that D thought she heard Kaylee say there's someone in the house indicate he originally came in for peeping Tom goal of k or m and then everything escalated?? That would explain carelessness n literally parking right outside ? Obsessed intruder to just be a peeping Tom wudnt need to be as careful as preplanned murder, cud he have gone there originally to SA maybe believing x n m to be alone in their rooms
Why would he go there with a huge knife if he wasn't planning on murder?

All due respect, part of this post sounds like bashing. Saying what you’d do, so forcefully, when you haven’t been in her shoes, idk, doesn’t sit right. You say her story sounds odd, that it’s hard to believe she went to sleep etc.

Many of us are also super curious about the delay in reporting to authorities but it can be stated in a better way imo. Not meaning to attack you, jmo I guess.
I edited it

Couldn’t it be outside as well?

not at all. Just that the print could be outside. I really just want to understand if inside. And furthermore why there is only one print mentioned. I would’ve expected multiple prints in the home from some type of shoe unless he had shoe covers on and took off outside and thus the print is outside.
The one I saw mentioned was outside survivor D's door.

So he stayed little time in the house, and he walked out (according to DM) which tells me he was relatively calm and composed. I don't think he's murdered before but I can't rule it out, obviously. However, I do think his intention going on was to murder somebody, otherwise I believe he'd have been much more nervous or even scared when DM saw him.

Premeditated, no doubt, JMO.

IMO, he wanted to kill "the gang of 4" long time friends/pairs of close friends (all students & friends for a few years or longer who hung out together), whom he targeted specifically, and he didn't care about the other 2 housemates. The other 2 housemates [ETD info about ages, couldn't confirm]... didn't have the same status/closeness as the 4 did socially.

Posted in more detail about this "hypothesis" in a previous thread (as to why all/just the 4 of them could have been his targets).

Known facts:
X & M worked at a restaurant that served vegan cuisine (the Mad Greek in Moscow: Mad Greek - Menu: their menu says "Ask your server about our Vegetarian and Vegan options")
BK is a vegan
BK has a history of harassing female waitstaff (the brewery in PA: Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report)

Speculation:
BK could have gone to the Mad Greek on one or more occasion to eat the vegan cuisine they serve
M &/or X were working when he came in and he did it again (sexual harassment of female waitstaff) with one or both of them
One or both of them &/or their manager/shift supervisor confronted him about his behavior &/or told their "besties" (E & K) about it
BK was "triggered" (for lack of a better word) by being called on his behavior & not being allowed to pursue a relationship with one of the attractive females working there
BK started following/stalking X &/or M and saw the 4 of them together after that (X, her boyfriend E, M, her bestfriend K), and came to see them as a "unit" he needed to go after (for whatever his sick reasons were, we may never know or understand)
BK bought a deadly knife with the purpose of doing 1 or all 4 of them harm

JMOO
Yup! Makes sense! Weirdly, I was in a strange town visiting (in Idaho) and had to wait around for my cell screen to be repaired, so there was a Greek diner across. I don’t eat red meat (sometimes eat chicken, so Def not strictly vegan) and when I ordered the veggie bowl, the waiter inquired if I wanted the rice NOT simmered in chicken stock. I immediately thought of BK as it was the day after details came out regarding his dietary preferences, but didn’t make the possible Greek connection. I think your speculation is spot on.

View attachment 392851

They are not using the shoe print in that to put him in the house. it may be a good piece of circumstantial evidence , or not. they are using it there in the affidavit to show probable progress/route of killer through the house.

Personally speaking, I have ADHD and OCD, the OCD gets more intense when I take my ADHD medication. When I do not take it, and even sometimes when I do, I will start projects and not finish them. That can cause "messiness". Everyone I know views me as a very organized and clean person, even owning my own organizing business. When I am in distress or feeling down, my house is far from tidy.
This could explain why his car was so messy. Everyone is different but this is my 2 cents anyways
I also have an OCD diagnosis and I am far from a tidy person… my desk is like a bomb site everyday, no matter how hard I try to keep it tidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea