ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agree to a certain degree, as the affidavit refers to “in” which would convey, imo, under covers.. however, where I would look at is it’s a single bed, which for 2 grown women to sleep in when there is a free bed next door would make no sense, especially when her dog is in the household. also the roommate thinks she hears kaylee play with her dog. When I play my my cockapoo he makes sounds that anyone in my household would recognise as play. As I said, purely my own though trying to make sense of this horror
Could it be possible that she was killed in her room and brought in to maddies?

After reading the PCA, IMO, two were killed by means of slitting their throats and the other two through stabbing. I believe this is what SG meant by very different means of death.

XK and EC were killed with the edge of the weapon which means a slit throat or decapitation. KG and MM were killed by stab wounds. This makes me think KG and MM were targets and XK and EC were caught in the crossfire, as IMO stabbing is a lot more personal (slitting a throat is horrible, don't get me wrong...but I just means it would be a little different than placing 10 plus different stab wounds around someone's body).

And by slitting their throats, it could indicate a rush to get out as its usually quicker rather than inflicting multiple stab wounds around the body. OR that he was getting tired, which could be why IF he did know their to be more housemates (from stalking the area previous times) he decided to stop at four. :( just my opinion, don't come for me.
If you listen to today's initial hearing (it's linked above) where his charges are read by the judge, he is charged with killing all 4 victims by stabbing. Not "with an edged weapon" or "with a knife", but specifically by stabbing. Each of the 4 murder counts specifies they died from stabbing. Stabbing is how they were all killed.

I have a problem with this time from the PCA and a thought that may make it make sense. I highlighted a few key points in the document

My bullet points:
1.The Elantra was first seen at 3:29am and made three passes by 1122 King
2.The car was on video entering the "area" at 4:04am
3.The car on video leaving the "area" at 4:20am at a high rate of speed
4.During those 16 mins the car was driving all over the place and making some odd turn arounds and stops, including in front of the King house and another down the street
5.Im assuming the video cameras time stamps are correct since they work off WiFi
6. X was still on her TicTok at 4:12 am which closes the window even further.
7. How in the world could BCK be inside killing the victims during this time with the car still in motion...
8. Could there have been a second person? One driving and one killing?

AS PER THE PCA:
"A review of footage from multiple videos obtained from the King Road Neighborhood showed multiple sightings of Suspect Vehicle I starting at 3:29 a.m. and ending at 4:20 a.m. These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive. Based off of my experience as a Patrol Officer this is a residential neighborhood with a very limited number of vehicles that travel in the area during the early morning hours. Upon review of the video there are only a few cars that enter and exit this area during this time frame. Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time a approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle I is in front of the King Road Residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road. Suspect Vehicle I is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive"
I believe you have misunderstood. The footage ends with the car leaving at 4:20am. The car was not on camera in motion for the full duration.

Yes, maybe to dispose of the knife &/or to flesh out an alibi, e.g., "Yes, I was out in my car in the wee hours that night... to get some Unisom sleep tabs at the grocery store cuz I couldn't sleep"... JMOO
Clarkston Is 45 minutes from Pullman with NOTHINGScreenshot_20230105-120047.png in between. No reason to go there. There's plenty of coffee & groceries in Pullman. What is in Clarkston? A bridge going over the very large Snake River.

The crime scene and the car are a treasure trove of evidence, but let's not forget the suspect's apartment and his university office. Finding any trace evidence from the victim's there will undoubtedly, IMO, refute the last vestiges of "reasonable doubt." They may even find trace evidence from the dog Murphy in the house or office.

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.

Is it possible E was crying and said to X "I will help you?"

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
I though it was K whimpering in the affidavit.

His DNA at the scene on the knife sheath, his footprint outside, his cell phone movements, and his car, all place him at the crime scene at the time of the murder. He's dead to rights, IMO. I wonder if he'll strike a deal to avoid the death penalty in the near future.
Where is it stated that the Van footprint was outside and not inside?

I think they died very very quickly.
There is nothing she could have done to prevent that even had she called 911 immediately.
I agree that there was nothing she really could have done in calling immediately, but I am still curious as to why she didn't call til later. To clarify, I'm not casting any blame on her, or anyone for that matter... it just makes me wonder what more happened that wasn't in the PCA. No idea what it could be or who it may involve, I just feel like there's more to the story. JMO. I know someday it'll all come out. I just hate being anxious to know. UGH

I agree, kaylee was in her room with her dog & somethings made her go to maddies room, where she mets the perp, this would also account for the dog barking as his owner has left him in the room. All JMO
I don't think we know if Kaylee was with her dog, I think D.M. heard a noise and thought that it was the sound of Kaylee playing with her dog. At the time that DM didn't know what was going on, she was trying to make sense of the sounds she heard as they were happening, if I am remembering what I read in the affadavit correctly about DM's assumptions about what was going on outside of her room.

Something kind of struck me there…
In a post-covid world, seeing someone with their mouth and nose covered is not unusual at all.
If I was at a house where partying usually happened, I’d heard some noises, whispers, cries, dog etc. I wouldn’t think murder. If I opened my bedroom door and saw someone with a mask (post-covid) I would probably be like wtf.. but write it off as nothing very quickly - Writing something off as nothing isn’t always conscious either, if a person panics, their brain can say, ’no, it’s okay, this is normal, go to bed.’
Remember this didn’t happen in the family home, they lived in a party house, in the bodycam footage of the noise complaint there’s actually a party happening in the house and no one who lived there is present! The more I think on it, the more I think DM acted in the same way that many in her situation would have.
It literally says she froze. You don't freeze over a non event imho.

Yes, agree to a certain degree, as the affidavit refers to “in” which would convey, imo, under covers.. however, where I would look at is it’s a single bed, which for 2 grown women to sleep in when there is a free bed next door would make no sense,
single bed in that affidavit almost certainly means just one bed in room, and probably does not refer to a size.

In hotel bookings when you book a room with a single bed, it means a single, as in one, full, queen or king size bed, not a "twin" size bed

Does anyone have thoughts about why the prosecutor requested the two year no-contact order for the surviving roommates and the victims' family members? Not wanting them to compare notes/contaminate memories?
The Order is for Kohberger not to contact any of them.

In Colorado it’s standard in all Murder cases and State doesn’t have to request it to protect witnesses & surviving family but they can add others to it. It’s called a Mandatory Order of Protection, also for 2 years.

I believe that the police have been saying that the other two roommates were asleep. After reading the PCA, we obviously know that's not the case.
It's MOO that the police may have done this to protect DM. If the killer thought that there might of been a witness that identified him (in any way), her life may have been in danger.
The police never stated the other people in the home were sleeping. It was implied by reporters during the press conference questioning. Rewatch the press conference, several words that were said and not said speak volumes now imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82