ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can freeze before you rationalise it as being nothing to worry about.. the suggestion that DM had any inclination of what happened and opted not to call 911 is to me beyond farfetched… imo
100% agree. The problem here is a cognitive isse. We are applying the benefit of hindsight. We know a gruesome murder just occurred. She does not know any such thing in that moment. Judging her actions in any way is wrongly projecting onto her what she should have expected, thought, surmised -- when she did not have the information we have.

single bed in that affidavit almost certainly means just one bed in room, and probably does not refer to a size.

In hotel bookings when you book a room with a single bed, it means a single, as in one, full, queen or king size bed, not a "twin" size bed
Yeah, you’re right, I can see that. I’m from the UK so I would assume single as in single bed. It’s interesting how one word can mean something different to each individual, makes for good discussions

It was talking about his DNA, not all DNA - just likely means he didn't cut himself and leave DNA, not necessarily that theirs was not on it. I imagine MM/KG blood may have been on the sheath unless he tossed it away from them before killing them.
Or he may have cut himself, because why the the FBI ask the Indiana State Police to pull DK over as he was driving with his father through Indiana and to get images of DK's hands. IMO

Seriously! I don't think I've been pulled over 4 times in my whole life. He was pulled over 4 times in the span of 4 months.

Maybe he tended to drive around the area staring at windows, doors, and the eaves of homes, looking for cameras. Maybe cops who patrolled the area around the colleges got a weird vibe from KB and took any opportunity to pull him over. Whatever the reason, it's a good thing they did because now we have detailed records of KB "casing the joint."

I say, good on LE for being proactive in policing to protect the people!

In regard to him leaving sheath. Is it possible while fighting for her life, M grabbed onto it and it fell to floor without BK being aware?
On another note, poor DM if she has to testify . Defense will rip her apart. Im sure that they will ask her if she had been drinking or doing some kind of drug thst night. Then theres her lapse of time before calling LE. Im sure they will make her look like she made this up as why wouldnt she have called. She will be traumitized twice.
As per the PCA, the sheath was found in the bed next to Maddie.

Except that he had been stalking this home before that incident occurred. He was already planning the murders
I think the poster means why he picked them to stalk and murder can not be understood by most people because there is no understanding. The BTK killer picked random victims stalked them before committing the crimes. There are numerous crimes where the assailant, for some unknown reason, gets obsessed and fixated on their victim that they do not even know. We hear of it happening to celebrities quite often, but also happens to “regular” people. We may find out though that there had been some interaction between him and one of the victims.

Thank you for this very helpful addition to the discussion. First of all, yes, that was an odd roommate, but there are definitely lots of odd people in the world. We should really amend fight/flight to fight/flight/freeze because many people *do* freeze. And not only that, the same responses are seen in other mammals, including other primates. We're each wired a bit differently and your experience was in the night, your brain thought it should get rest and downtime, and then you're scared out of your mind by something that you really want to believe is just your imagination.

I think a lot of us have ignored unusual sounds and circumstances, and without dire consequences (but we still did it).
Agreed. Although in my opinion there is no need to amend flight/fight as freezing is a form of flight behavior; running away in our mind. I do think there was some of this in D's case, but even more so, she clearly didn't have the "benefit" of knowing what we all now know. A few pieces of the puzzle make a lot more sense when the entire puzzle is put together. We all need to have great sympathy for her (as I know we do) and believe that with good counseling and support, she will be able to overcome this tragedy, a tragedy caused not by her in any way but by a madman. MOO.

Here's an illustration from the Daily Mail that might make it a bit easier to discern the timeline.

1672957121228.png

It's hard to tell for sure but does it sound like K and M were killed first?

Totally guessing here but if D heard K playing with her dog in her room then maybe K had intended to sleep in her own room. She hears noise across the hall in Maddie’s room and goes to investigate. MOO

So I’d say order was M, K, E, X

JMO

I think the answerer would be we don't know if he was ore was not. Wha we do know is that heroin abuse, widely reported by his friends, is in the DSM as a mental illness and disorder.

He may have never been diagnosed, but lots of middle class persons who are addicts go into specialized recovery/detox programs and are diagnosed. If you look at his timeline there are a few missing years, up to four, between highs school when friends report him as a user, and his associates which looks to be six year after high school. so we don't know if he was or wasn't.
That is hearsay and we do NOT know that he was an addict. He may have used it occasionally and his parents may have discovered his usage and sent him to rehab but again that is hearsay, not fact at this point and it occurred 12 years ago, if true.
Nor does it constitute OCD in any shape or form.
he already testified on his initial hearing that he was not receiving any medication.

She froze because someone was there. At that point she had no indication four people had been slaughtered in the house where she was.
Agree 100 percent. Also it was a party house so many people came and went on so many days.

I don't think she thought she was in any serious danger.

It was 4 AM she went back to bed.

A couple of thoughts: 1) So DM heard crying?, dog barking/playing, 3) someone say "there's someone here." She didn't see anyone who had been stabbed or was being stabbed. She didn't hear anyone screaming in terror. During that time period, Door Dash delivered food to X and Xana went to the door to get it. DM may have thought that - "there's someone here" could be about Door Dash. Murphy barking was probably not that unusual to hear. Crying can often sound like laughing. So, the most confusing about about what DM saw/heard and didn't act on is when she saw BK in the hallway with the mask on. I would have frozen in terror because that's how I know I react from previous situations (and I OWN a gun, but I still freeze in terror). However, if when she saw a guy in her house in the middle of the night, her first thought may not have been "mass murderer". They had a party house and had lots of guys coming and going. I wonder how many other nights there had been strangers in the house. The mask would have scared me for sure. but you have to remember, these kids had been partying, probably drinking, it was the middle of the night and she was probably sleepy. She was probably not in a frame of mind to process all that was happening. So, she closed her door, probably locked it and went back to bed.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if I were the defense I would wonder why there
Was DNA found only on the button on the sheath--since it was a bloody scene why
Isnt there more blood found on the sheath?
The button has nooks and crannies to hold DNA evidence that can’t be wiped away easily and he missed it? My Kabar is smaller one and has a snap type button on hard plastic sheath. If he tried the snap even once without gloves it could have been enough to “trap” a bit of skin cells. I suspect he wore gloves at the scene and wiped the knife and sheath down prior to arrival. In his adrenaline fueled rush he forgot where he put the sheath down and left it behind.

IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member