ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the potential plausibility of some of this. The question I had while reading the PCA was the transition from the individual in a mask walking right past D.M.'s room and the statement that the individual was "headed to the back sliding door". Is not D.M.'s room on the bottom floor and the sliding glass door on the 2nd level? How was it ascertained the individual in question was "headed toward the back sliding door"? From what I have seen of floor plans there would be no sightline to indicate this from the doorways of the bottom floor bedrooms. Am I missing something??
To add: I say it was right in front of D.M.'s bedroom door based on what she reported AND the footprint evidence they say is consistent with her account.

I wonder if BK returned to the crime scene to retrieve his sheath?

Kohberger allegedly left behind a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side.

The sheath had "Ka-Bar" and a United States Marine Corps eagle, globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it, according to the affidavit.

Kohberger was allegedly captured on surveillance video fleeing the scene in his white 2015 Hyundai Elantra at about 4:20 a.m.

*** But he returned to the crime scene a little after 9 a.m. — three hours before police were called to the house, the affidavit said. ***

What if he left the sheath on purpose thinking he cleaned it of all DNA thinking it would direct LE to a ROTC or military guy? We all discussed that possibility at first.

That is because NY requires emissions tests tied to the car registration dates.

NY is one of only a handful of States where this is the case.

Also, it is not 100% of the time tied to the birthday. But in THIS case it IS. BK birthdate is 11/20, same day the car registration expired per affidavit
AZ is the same. Emissions test is required every 2 years.

I agree with the potential plausibility of some of this. The question I had while reading the PCA was the transition from the individual in a mask walking right past D.M.'s room and the statement that the individual was "headed to the back sliding door". Is not D.M.'s room on the bottom floor and the sliding glass door on the 2nd level? How was it ascertained the individual in question was "headed toward the back sliding door"? From what I have seen of floor plans there would be no sightline to indicate this from the doorways of the bottom floor bedrooms. Am I missing something??
If you continue to read the affidavit, it confirms that DM's bedroom was on the 2nd floor. It was the bedroom that was generally accepted as empty during speculation to where all the victims were located.

I would be curious to know where the bag from Door Dash was in the crime scene, and if anything had been eaten yet. I remember seeing a photo a reporter got through the window of the house with Xana's name on it. I'm almost wondering if BK was already inside the house when the Door Dash driver came and BK attacked as soon as the driver left. Do we know which entrance the DD driver delivered her order to?

Edited to add: I remember the bag and receipt being from Jack In The Box...was this the same bag the Door Dash delivered around 4:00?

Edited

Last edited:
This is a rural area garbage cans are not close by, he had to walk over to someone else's property.

His car did look really dirty outside but putting garbage in neighbor trash is s sign of trying to hide something.

Remember Fotis Dulos driving down Farmington Ave in Hartford CT, stopping at different cans and pinging all the way down the road on the cell towers and caught on camera. LE got that garbage and his wife Jennifer's Blood/DNA was found in the contents... we will see what they find.
Seems kind of strange that BK kept possession of incriminating evidence long after the crime and then packed it up, driving across the country to throw it away in the neighbors garbage can. JMO.

Y'all might be better at timelines than I am but I find them confusing when they jump around. Due to that I went through the PCA and put them in time order so I could make sense of things. I thought I'd share my notes in the event it helps others. :) Also note that while I copied and pasted from the PCA, I did whittle down on the wordiness as I was trying to capture the main points of that time. Lines with only a time and no date are all 11/13/22. I hope some of you find this useful.

8/21 – Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop that occurred in Moscow, Idaho, by CPL Duke. At the time, Kohberger was driving a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649 which was set to expire on November 30, 2022.

8/21 ~10:34 pm to 11:35 pm – the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence.

8/21 @ ~11:37 - Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriffs Deputy CPL Duke. The 8548 Phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway). (Gemmie's note - He is arrested approximately 2 minutes after he stops stalking the occupants of the house on this date. Likely speeding away from King Rd. What a dumb bunny. He must be so excited over what he's doing that he can't even drive properly.)

10/14 - Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU Police Officer.

11/12 and prior (up to June) - the 8458 Phone shows in the area of 1122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13, 2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early morning hours of their respective days.

11/12 @ ~9:00pm – 1:45am - Chapin & Kernodle are at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. B.F. estimated that approximately, 1:45 a.m. Chapin & Kernodle returned home.

11/12 10:00pm - 11/13 1:30am - Goncalves and Mogen were at a local bar, the Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street, Moscow.

11/13@1:56am – Someone drove Mogen and Goncalves home.

2am – 4am - D.M. and B.F. made statements that indicated the occupants were at home by 2:00 a.m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by ~4:00 a.m.

2:42am - the 8458 Phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to 1630 Northeast Valley Road, Apt G201, Pullman, WA, the "Kohberger Residence."

2:44am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed travelling north on southeast Nevada Street at northeast Stadium Way.

~2:47 a.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage southeast of the Kohberger Residence consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the Kohberger Residence and traveling south through Pullman, WA.

~2:47am - the 8458 Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled

~2:53 a.m Suspect Vehicle 1 was observed traveling southeast on Nevada Street in Pullman, WA towards SR 270. SR 270 connects Pullman, Washington to Moscow, Idaho.

3:00am – 5:00am - A query did not show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular tower resources in close proximity to the King Road Residence between 3:00 a-m. and 5:00 a.m. Based on training, experience, and conversations with law enforcement officers, individuals can leave their cellular telephone at a different location before committing a crime or tum their cellular phone off prior to going to a location to commit a crime.

3:26am – 3:28am – "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed traveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow @ ~3:26 and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m.

3:29am – 4:20am - multiple sightings of Suspect Vehicle 1 starting at 3:29 a.m. and ending at 4:20 a.m. These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive.

4:00am - Kernodle, received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (Gemmie’s note – That means she wasn’t asleep when things went down)

~4am - D.M. stated she was awoken at ~4:00 a.m. by what sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog on the third floor. A short time later, D.M. said she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of "there's someone here."

4:04am - Suspect Vehicle 1 can be seen entering the area a fourth time at approximately 4:04 a.m. It can be seen driving eastbound on King Road, stopping and turning around in front of 500 Queen Road #52 and then driving back westbound on King Road. When Suspect Vehicle 1 is in front of the King Road residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

4:12am - Kernodle's cellular phone indicated she was likely awake and using the TikTok app.

4:17am - a security camera picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m.

4:20am - Suspect Vehicle 1 is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed.

4:48am - The 8458 Phone does not report to the network again until approximately 4:48 a.m. at which time it utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to ID state highway 95 south of Moscow, ID near Blaine, ID (north of Genesee).

Between 4:50 am and 5:26 am, the phone utilizes cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling south on ID state highway 95 to Genesee, ID, then traveling west towards Uniontown, ID, and then north back into Pullman, WA.

5:25 am Suspect Vehicle 1, was observed on five cameras in Pullman, WA and on WSU Campus cameras. The first camera was located at 1300 Johnson Road in Pullman. It was observed traveling northbound on Johnson Road. Johnson Road leads directly back to West Palouse River Drive in Moscow which intersects with Conestoga Drive. The white sedan was then observed turning north on Bishop Boulevard and northwest on SR 270.

~5:27 am - Suspect Vehicle 1 was traveling northbound on Stadium Way at Nevada Street, Stadium Way at Grimes Way, Stadium Drive at Wilson Road, and Stadium Way at Cougar Way.

~ 5:30 am, the 8458 Phone is utilizing resources that provide coverage to Pullman, WA and consistent with the phone traveling back to the Kohberger Residence.

9:00am - the 8458 Phone leaving the area of the Kohberger Residence at approximately 9:00 a.m. and traveling to Moscow, ID. Specifically, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9:12 a.m. and 9:21 am. (Gemmie's note - The creep was curious what was going on at the house. :()

9:32am - The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area of the Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9:32 a.m.

12:36pm - the 8458 Phone showed it was near Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 810 Port Drive, Clarkston, WA. Surveillance footage from the US Chef’s Store located at 820 Port Drive, Clarkson, WA and adjacent to Kate's Cup of Joe showed Suspect Vehicle 1, drive past Kate's Cup of Joe at a time consistent with the cellular data from the 8548 Phone.

~12:46 pm - the 8458 Phone was at Albertson's grocery store at 400 Bridge Street in Clarkston, Washington. Surveillance footage obtained from the Albertson's showed Kohberger exit the white Elantra at approximately 12:49 p.m. Interior surveillance cameras showed Kohberger walk through the store, purchase unknown items at the checkout, and leave at approximately 1:04 p.m.

~5:32 p.m. - 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being in the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

11/13 @ ~4:00pm – Moscow Police Department (MPD) Sergeant Blaker and I responded to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho, hereafter the "King Road Residence," to assist with scene security and processing of a crime scene associated with four homicides. (Gemmie's note - I first thought this was the 911 call but realized this team went there to do exactly as it says. "Assist with security and crime processing".)

11/18 - Kohberger registered the Elantra with WA and later received WA plate CFB-8708. Prior to this, the Elantra was registered in Pennsylvania, which does not require a front license plate to be displayed

11/25 – be on the lookout for white Hyundai Elantra

11/29 - Washington State University (WSU) Police Officer Daniel Tiengo, queried white Elantra’s registered at WSU. As a result of that query he located a 2015 white Elantra with a Pennsylvania license plate LFZ-8649. This vehicle was registered to Bryan Kohberger

12/13 - vehicle was captured by a license plate reader in Loma.

12/15 - Kohberger's Elantra was then queried by law enforcement in Hancock County, Indiana.

12/16 ~2:26 p.m., surveillance video showed Kohberger's Elantra in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.

12/27 – Trash pickup day!

I’d sure like to see that interior Albertsons security footage the hours after the murder. Wonder how he looked? Any wounds? What does a murderer buy at the grocery store after their horrific crime? Sheesh this guy

OK, so from the affidavit, I note that the police say early on that the murders happened between 4:00 and 4:25 am. However, later on, they note that the Elantra was captured leaving the scene at 4:20 am. I'm going to extrapolate from this that even if DM had called the police, it wouldn't have done any good; I assume that if any of the 4 were still alive, it took 5 minutes or less for them to die, unfortunately. I feel like LE DOES need to spell this out for DM's safety (and mental health) and to get everyone off her back. I know there is probably a 99% chance that nothing she could have done could have saved them but people will fixate on the 1%.
Second, the timeline of the murders confuses me. Does BK have enough time to do 4 murders? You know the defense will be examining this as well. So at approximately 4:04 am, the car appears on camera, drives eastbound, then drives westbound, tries to park, then goes down Queen Road again. Suppose all this takes about 3 minutes. Then you have to allow another 2 minutes for him to park and get to the house and now it's 4:09. Now, at 4:20 am, the car is seen LEAVING again. Again, you have to allow time for BK to get to his car from the house and get back on camera. A murder happens at 4:17, which has to be the last one. We know X is alive at 4:12. X must be the LAST murder by this timeline.
Basically, by this timeline, BK kills 4 people in 10 minutes and must move like lightning in that house. Is that enough time for him to do 4 murders? If I was a defense attorney or giving the presumption of guilt, this is what I'd focus on. Also, how does he get in? Does he have the code to the house? If so, how does he get it? And why doesn't DM hear him come in if X or K do as no matter how he comes in, he has to pass her room to get to both rooms with the murder victims?
My theory is that he had been stalking either Maddie/kaylee and knew their bedrooms.Poor Xana was still up ready to eat her food so he then had to kill her and Ethan woke up so he killed him.I don't think he ever saw D.

I could be finding patters where there are none (as our brains like to do) but this is the 3rd similarity between a serial killer & BK. 1: he murdered sorority members (TB) 2: he killed 4 people on his first kill, potentially spoke to victims to calm them, and potentially left living witnesses (BTK), 3: the areas of the LCV murders (which I have never heard about & will be reading)

Is it possible that BK wanted to use parts from each of the people he studied? Is it possible that there is no connection and my theory is wild? Obviously, this is all my opinion.
I'm with you. There are odd similarities.

Trying to one up them? Beating their time? Paying homage?

Or perhaps they are all coincidences.

(I still truly believe there is more to this story. I find it difficult to believe that he went from an odd, eccentric dude with a seatbelt violation being his only run in with LE to a mass killer. Lots of baby steps seem to be missed in between. Peeping. Animal cruelty issues, etc. ). Imho

I see this perspective but in actual school shootings there are always kids calling 911. In the recent Texas shooting, children were calling 911 begging the police to come help. So I don't think it's fair to generalize to say young people don't understand to call 911 in an emergency.

But, It’s 4.00 am, after partying, under the influence of alcohol/?, totally alone in a room, a young adult’s mind isn’t as uncomplicated as a child’s mind…they’ve got life experiences a child hopefully hasn’t encountered or has knowledge of, fear factor can be stronger as we age……
JMO

Thank you.
what elements would preclude it from dissertation material?
There is a long process to get to the dissertation that BK, if found guilty, will never have access to because he's likely to be tied up with in a trial for the next year or two. And of course, no faculty member would approve a study of a crime in which all of the evidence is unavailable because of a pending trial or for a heinous crime that the student had committed.

After multiple readings of the PCA, I’m operating under the assumption that BK did not see DM.

For those wondering about the lack of an earlier 911 call, I had a conversation about this case with an actual 21 year old college kid (who has been following it on TikTok). And she gave me some great insight from a perspective I had not considered. The college kid I spoke to said that she would have absolutely locked the door and hid quietly in her room … not making a sound and not calling 911 for fear of making noise and alerting the perpetrator to her whereabouts.

The PCA just states that DM saw BK head towards the door, but does not indicate that she actually saw him leave … for all DM knew, BK could have been lurking in the house listening for noises.

And the thing is … today’s generation of college undergrads have grown up with school shooter drills. They have been conditioned to hide in darkened classrooms with blinds pulled. Conditioned to barricade themselves in closets and cubbies. And, as they got older, conditioned to silence their cellphones during lockdowns to avoid alerting an intruder. And when are they supposed to come out? When an authorized person gives them an all clear … and who gives the all clear to a terrified college student hiding in her room?

I think there’s a strong possibility that DM stayed in her room, scared to make a peep, for hours … eventually fell asleep and then woke up on her own, or was woken up by the other surviving roommate.
Wow. Something to think about.

IMO the utterance of "someone's here," could have been the arrival of the DD driver, it was around the same time as the delivery and D saying she may have heard that.
That’s a very good thought. If only things could have fallen into place a little better and the door dash met him at the door and ruined his whole devious whole plan…

If you continue to read the affidavit, it confirms that DM's bedroom was on the 2nd floor. It was the bedroom that was generally accepted as empty during speculation to where all the victims were located.
Thank you! Having only read thru once fully so far I missed this bit of new info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy