ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the work his professor was commenting on. He didn't even finish his Master's thesis, yet he was still granted the degree and recommended for a PhD program. Mind-boggling, imo.
Whoa, that's very strange! Source?

Although I will say that a PhD does not necessarily require a master's degree for admission. In my case my PhD admission was based on my bachelor's degree because, although I had a master's degree, it was in a field different enough that they were more comfortable admitting me to a PhD program that was closely relatedto my BS.

In many fields a masters is simply a failed PhD and given as a consolation prize. Not knocking anyone with a masters degree, just saying that academic things are not as simple as most of the public things.

If looking for his academic work, you generally have to pay for master's work to be published which is a bit of a scam so most people don't. The library at the school you get your degree from almost always gets a free copy so that is the place to look. Almost any PhD requires creating "new knowledge" in your field and that means any research library will want a copy. You don't get to sell it to them but your work is "published" for free and sold to libraries, not as a physical book but as access through a database.

ETA: Source: personal experience through 4 graduate degrees and 20+ years working at a Tier I Research University.

Yes. BK will get a chance to put up a defense at trial if he wants to. From what I see right now his only chance of success is getting a favorable jury during jury selection.

Some jurors will not vote guilty unless they have a video showing the defendant committing the crime. They don't understand how powerful good circumstantial is in proving guilt. JMO.
And some of the best lawyers are masters at jury selection.

When our family member was heinously murdered... a great detective told us about motives, " killers don't think like you or I would. Their minds are cross-wired. You will never really know / understand the motives of a killer. They will kill for a pair of sneakers, or kill for no reason at all. It is the killing, of and in-itself, that they kill for." A really wise old detective.
Very sobering!

Barely. There have only been three executions in Idaho since capital punishment was reinstated in 1976, the last one was over a decade ago.
They scheduled someone for execution last month but couldnt follow through due to a drug shortage. From what I could find there are only 8 people on death row in Idaho so I dont imagine there would be a lot of executions either so I dont think the fact that they havent done any recently indicates they wont ever.

Could very well be on it, when was image from? Buildings and billboards are very typical locations for antennas, especially 5g. 5G can be the size of a bread loaf.

All I will say is that I work in communications and have for 20+ years. These maps are used continually for evaluating the possibility of connecting devices.

Because of requirements of 5G, there are multiple ones in dense areas many hidden on building signs. Even stadiums have multiple 5G antennas they are everywhere.

Here is a picture of a billboard with tons of 5G... not in Moscow. They often hide them sandwiched inside where they can't even be seen.

View attachment 393081
This image is from April 2022

Something I was just thinking was if he left the knife protector in the house, how did he get the knife out? That type of knife is extremely sharp and it would be extremely easy to cut yourself. He must have concealed it someone - the roommate didn't describe him as carrying it (although it was dark and she was scared).
There would have been blood on the knife. Without the protector he would have had to put it down in his car somewhere uncovered, so there was probably some sort of blood/DNA transfer from the victims to his car.

I read upthread that neighbours said he was cleaning is car extremely thoroughly. Hopefully he missed a spot, because he obviously isn't as clever as he thinks!
You have a really good point actually…

That’s a huge knife, the PCA didn’t mention that DM witnessed the killer carrying it in his hand… and while a PCA does not need to (nor is it likely to) contain the totality of evidence LE has, IMO this would most certainly be included (for the very purposes of a PCA) if she had seen the knife…

So what the heck did he do with it? Just stuff it in his pocket? How could you do that without cutting yourself? And yes, you’re right, it’s highly likely he’d have to set that knife down somewhere and it would leave trace evidence. I know everyone has been speculating that he surely must have gotten rid of that thing… but for some reason, I don’t think he did… He’s obsessive and weird… I am totally speculating, and usually I hate when people do that about this stuff, but I’m just going to throw it out there… I don’t think he would dispose of the knife. I think he would want to keep it. Being that he’s so wildly arrogant about criminology, he probably wasn’t dumb enough to keep it in his apartment, but I bet he has a creepy little hiding spot somewhere.

Anyway, going back to the knife and getting it out of the house, and as to whether or not he potentially could’ve cut himself, I know that one of the warrants that they issued was specifically to search him, and his body, to document any evidence that could be there, i.e. cuts, wounds, scratches, or anything else. It will be interesting to see what comes out at trial.

Last edited:
They scheduled someone for execution last month but couldnt follow through due to a drug shortage. From what I could find there are only 8 people on death row in Idaho so I dont imagine there would be a lot of executions either so I dont think the fact that they havent done any recently indicates they wont ever.
Considering the fact that they only did 3 executions in 47 years when the drugs weren't scarce, I'd be surprised if there is ever an execution in Idaho again. There is a reason the drugs are scarce, it's not post-covid supply chain problems.

If BK had been "staking out" the house for some time, did he know about the shifting of roommates and that one of them was leaving?

It appears BK went upstairs first, going after MM and KG first. Since KG was only visiting, is this significant at all?

I'm wondering if BK had any intended target(s) in mind or what exactly about that place drew him in? MOO.

I'm not going to criticize a young woman who went through what she did. But as someone who did wake up to an unexplained ruckus in his house in college and called 911, I don't understand why she did not call 911. I'm sure she was scared. But after the intruder left, why was it 7 hours before anything else happened. Maybe she was wasted, and no judgement about that. But it would not seem to be the case given her recall.

Anyway, again, I'm not being critical of the poor girl (DM) but it seems like there must be a story there.
I think it has to do with being shocked, scared, getting back in bed and falling asleep and then, not remembering it until the next morning. I am 62 and have lived in big cities including Houston, Miami and San Diego and had many scary events happen in the middle of the night. I know that I freeze with fear and fall back asleep. Just the other night, I went to bed at 1 AM (thanks to reading WS late into the night). As I was laying there trying to get my mind off of a quadruple homicide, I heard the unmistakable sound of a door opening. I live in a condo in a high rise building that has controlled access. There is only one door into my apartment and it is about 15 feet from my bedroom door. I always sleep with my bedroom door closed and locked. ALWAYS! My apt. is situated so that I don't have neighbors on either side - just a neighbor above and below me. My apt. used to be an Air B n B and there is a keypad lock on the front door that no one knows how to change. But I have a secondary lock on the inside of the apt. that I can lock for added safety.
So, I heard what sounded like my front door open and I literally FROZE in terror that someone had just opened my front door. I was so frozen, I couldn't even turn over in bed to get my gun which was by my nightstand. So, I laid there terrified. There was no possible way I was going to get up to go investigate, even with a gun. I was frozen in fear. At some point, I fell asleep and practically forgot about it by the next morning.

I think they listed MM, KG, XK and EC in this order in the PCA and at todays hearing because BK killed MM first (lost the knife sheath after opening it), then KG, at this point the dog is barking and DM think KG is playing with the dog, then XK (maybe she was heading to the bathroom or the shared area and saw BK and she is the one who said « there is someone here ») and then EC.
IMO, that sounds very logical.
How did he get in the house? Sliding door? Was it unlocked?
IMO, I personally think he slipped in after the DD driver. Initially it was assumed the killer entered via the back slider, now it appears the killer came in the front door and exited via the back slider.

That is the work his professor was commenting on. He didn't even finish his Master's thesis, yet he was still granted the degree and recommended for a PhD program. Mind-boggling, imo.
Really? How did he graduate without finishing his thesis? He must have had to make up the credits? Or was it not a requirement? It may be optional in the Masters program. He must have had a partner so maybe it was just BK that didn't finish?

The other thing in the affidavit I noticed was the bushy eyebrows comment, I don't see BK as having bushy eyebrows in any of his photos. When I hear bushy, I think John Howard (former prime minister of Australia) who had 2 hairy caterpillars above his eyes.

That being said, if the intruder was wearing a mask and had few facial features visible, the eyebrows may have stood out to her and that made them 'bushy'. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member