NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that mom would not have a cell phone considering the grandfather said she would call when the husband was not around. If the husband was not around, one would assume his cell phone would be with him not her? If the thought is that the husband/stepfather was controlling and therefore would not allow her to have a cell phone, why would he then give her his phone and then leave?

VOIP #? Skype on computer? Secret burner cell phone?

Family of missing Madalina Cojocari, 11, breaks silence with heartbreaking note

In this article, it says the grandfather hadn't spoken to Diana since October. Perhaps she had a cell phone prior to that and would call him on it. If she lost the phone (maybe it broken or was taken away from her or shut off for nonpayment?) in October, that could explain why she hadn't spoken to him since October and also why she may not have had a phone at the time of her arrest.

Madalina's mother made a comment early on that the husband had gotten involved in some type of trouble. That makes me want to believe they could have hidden Madalina for her own safety, and that's why neither are talking. There is a sizeable population of Eastern Europeans in western North Carolina hence the flyer for her that someone already posted. Perhaps her mother has more contacts here than people realize. Perhaps​

Madalina has been "hidden" in the terminology her parents used. As for the couch, they have cats. I have gotten rid of furniture for cat pee.​

Published Jan 3, 2023
.......Palmiter returned from Michigan a little over 48 hours after leaving, according to the arrest sheet, arriving back in North Carolina on the evening of Nov. 26.

It is still not clear where he went in Michigan, but he had previously worked in the city of Holland, which is a 750-mile drive from Cornelius.

That trip would require close to 24 hours of driving to get to Michigan and back.....

So going there for Thanksgiving, which some have surmised, makes no sense. Being gone for 48 hours means he was there for about half a day, unless he didn't sleep.

Madalina's mother made a comment early on that the husband had gotten involved in some type of trouble. That makes me want to believe they could have hidden Madalina for her own safety, and that's why neither are talking. There is a sizeable population of Eastern Europeans in western North Carolina hence the flyer for her that someone already posted. Perhaps her mother has more contacts here than people realize. Perhaps​

Madalina has been "hidden" in the terminology her parents used. As for the couch, they have cats. I have gotten rid of furniture for cat pee.​

Right, I have had to get rid of rugs and furniture because of cats before. But if my 11yr old was missing, I'd ignore the cat pee and look for my kid.

IMO DC reported it in order to make it look like CP packed up a bag and whisked Madalina out of bed before leaving for Michigan. And that might even be true but the rest of her statements and actions don't really support that scenario.

I do think LE is way ahead of us in this case. I've been following the Idaho murders and was shocked after reading the probable cause doc this morning at how soon they tracked down the (alleged) perp and how much evidence they had. I know not every jurisdiction is that sharp but more often as not when the full story comes out it turns out that LE was on top from early on. MOO of course.
I agree that this explanation of why the missing bookbag and clothes were reported appears to be highly likely from our vantage point. However, it is not necessarily the only possible explanation. That's what is so odd about this case - the facts as we have been told don't really totally line up as expected.
And, as you say, LE is obviously way ahead of us, as it should be.

Interesting post from Madison County NC Sheriff. Says “One of the family members was in the Madison County area. If anyone has any information please contact the Madison County Sheriff’s Office 828-649-2721.”
Is this a reference to somebody other than DC and/or CP? lf so, that adds more possibilities, I suppose. And, if so, I'm guessing that they know WHICH family member that is?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - In a new push to find out what exactly happened to Madalina Cojocari, WBTV’s Chief Investigative Reporter Nick Ochsner exclusively petitioned, on his own, to unseal search warrants related to the case.

.......According to the court order to seal the records, the presiding judge said that “given the current level of media attention, release of the search warrants...at this time into the public domain could interfere with the rights of Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter to a fair trial

The judge who sealed these search warrants will hold a hearing on his request to unseal these documents. That will happen on January 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.

Last edited:

I’ve had cats ruin furniture-but never gotten rid of it using fire.

I don’t know about anyone else but this new info leaves my head spinning- did DC do something and cover it up or was this person there to take MC with them for her own protection? I’d hope if the latter she would tell LE -unless she is really afraid and thinks CP and LE would work against her.
It does seem like one side of the family is quieter than the other-maybe they know she’s ok?
I know being hopeful-it will get me in trouble, just really wish there was an option that was positive for MC :(
JMO MOO

I see the suggestion that a missing child may have been hidden for protection on many threads, but can anyone give me examples of when this has actually happened?. Because I can't think of a single one from the cases I've followed on here.

The poster asks if anyone has seen "this Toyota Prius or white female" next to pictures of DC and the car, so I think they mean her.

They may have information that she was in that area and they think it is related.
Ahhh see now I am not sure. The statement “One of the family members was in the Madison County area of North Carolina.” seems misleading-it could mean someone in the family (DC, CP or MC) was seen/caught on camera, etc or that a family member of DC, MC or CP was there. I guess it’s all in how you read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member