ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been waiting for the thread to open to post this!

They can easily get his DNA from his apartment, or his parents house, and now that he's arrested, I'm sure they took his DNA. But I worry that he may have wiped away any DNA from the victims.

I'm hoping one of the victims fought back and there's DNA under their nails. MOO

I've read the AA twice and forgive me if I'm missing something, but I've seen several people say that the AA has made it clear there's a high probability MM was the target. Why? I didn't draw that as a clear conclusion after reading through it.
I think it may be because the report seems to indicate that she was killed first— as though K had not really been sleeping in the bed with M, but was in her own bedroom with Murphy, and was awakened by his frantic barking. When she went to investigate, she was attacked.
Anyone else having terrible problems posting with site freezing and not loading?

When i read reviews for KA-BAR knives, lots of people said things like great knife, my grandfather passed one down to me. I can’t wait to pass this one down to my son etc. so maybe it was gifted to him? Maybe it was vintage?
Authorities haven’t found any receipts for BK purchasing the knife yet. Maybe he bought it at a pawn shop or gun show and paid cash. I’ve even seen people sell knives and guns at estate sales and garage sales. He could have purchased it anywhere between Pennsylvania and Idaho too.

Agree. It is disturbing how little lack of trust seems to be about related to LE and investigations sometimes. These things take time...clearly they have been on the path since the very beginning and just needed time to gather all the pieces to tell the story in the arrest affidavit. Things often don't get figured out like they do in a one hour TV show or a two hour movie. In my opinion both law enforcement and our legal system are methodical, fact based, systematic processes that need to run their course on the path to accurate and irrefutable justice.
I wonder if this mistrust of LE is more modern phenomenon with internet and bad press about LE or if it happened historically as well

I've read the AA twice and forgive me if I'm missing something, but I've seen several people say that the AA has made it clear there's a high probability MM was the target. Why? I didn't draw that as a clear conclusion after reading through it.
I think because the sheath was found next to her (thinking he took it off the knife there) and BK left after DM saw him so the 2nd floor was last. MOO

edit added MOO

Last edited:
I don't think BK "knew" any of the victims. I feel like he just wanted to murder. I believe he was "hunting" for target since he got there in August. He could have followed and stalked a few potential targets before, after watching, decided on them. I think this was no more then a thrill kill. I commend LE for their quick work in locating him because I have no doubt he would have done it again. MOO
Agree. I think he went to that area bc it was a known area for groups of university kids. He probably sat in the parking lot above the back of the house and could see in through the windows, so he knew it was a group of young women living there.

Does any one know where the other surviving victim's room was? Im just curious because we never hear about the 6 th person in the house.

Also on ABan last night she asked Paul Holes if he thought the police were actually there early in the AM as opposed to
the reported 12 o'clock noon. So I speculate on this idea ...I think that is possible ..Paul Holes looked to consider it a
possibility..could be for a variety of reasons that may not be known. Wonder if someone saw this and what are your thoughts on the time? mOO
If you mean BF then she must have been on the first floor according to the house plans. There are two bedrooms on each floor. X&DM both resided on the 2nd floor and that's now confirmed. K&M resided on the third floor and that's confirmed. That leaves only the first floor. K&M were obviously found together but Murphy had been placed in K's room at some stage of that night so it was obviously not occupied by anyone else.

I just want to say how horrifying I felt the PCA was- no it wasn’t graphic, but to imagine the confusion and the sounds is one of the most chilling things I’ve ever read.
The possible “dog play” upstairs, the whimpers, thuds, and “there’s someone here”

DM is so lucky to be alive, and that fact probably hurts her every moment due to survivors guilt.

I’ve seen a few people in the last 2 days reference Maddie as his target, am I missing something?
I think that is because the knife sheath was next to Maddie. Yet at the same time KG had more injury. There are some who feel that was because KG fought back to try and save Maddie and herself. Personally, I'm not sure. I still think KG was the intended target. I think the sheath just ended up where it did. JMO

And none of the neighbors noticed that the police were there from the early AM on? That seems very improbable to me. If LE finds a quadruple murder, they aren’t going to just back away and ignore it for a few hours.

Did Paul Holes address this type of potential problem?

MOO
I agree, because I think, too, they would have noticed the Elantra swing by around 9am as was cited in the PCA? Unless BK didn’t drive directly to house, but just in the vicinity of it.

I assumed that he arrived in August, close to the beginning of the semester, but someone recently posted he had arrived in June (not sure what the source is, though, and this is definitely not confirmed).

Something interesting, though: the PCA is mentions his phone service plan began in June 2022 -- it's plausible he got a new phone / his own plan in WA once he moved there? In any case, I found it strange that his phone service plan started so recently -- that's something people don't change too frequently, at least in my experience.
Yes I think there was some confusion about the phone - I believe this just came from the fact the affidavit refers to the account being opened on 23 June 2022, as you mention. My interpretation was that didn’t necessarily mean he was in the area on this date. (Edited to add: according to affidavit, plan was linked to address in PA so seems likely BK was still there at this stage).

Agree - it does seem strange to get a new plan so recently. Maybe he got a new phone in anticipation of the move (I can imagine students might be sorting a number of administrative things such as bank accounts etc around this time) and/or maybe he had already started thinking about what he was going to try and attempt once he arrived and decided a new phone would more effectively cover his tracks. MOO

Last edited:
I assumed that he arrived in August, close to the beginning of the semester, but someone recently posted he had arrived in June (not sure what the source is, though, and this is definitely not confirmed).

Something interesting, though: the PCA is mentions his phone service plan began in June 2022 -- it's plausible he got a new phone / his own plan in WA once he moved there? In any case, I found it strange that his phone service plan started so recently -- that's something people don't change too frequently, at least in my experience.

EDIT TO CLARIFY: I looked at the PCA again and the exact date is June 23, 2022, but the account was linked to his address in PA, not WA, so it does not necessarily mean he was in WA as early as June. I do still find it unusual that the account was new, but it's possible he wanted his own account (and off his parent's) before he moved across the country.
My guess is they got a 6 month search window. So that June date is 6 months from the Dec 23 date. It's the dates they were ALLOWED to look through. Not the date he was actually stalking them.

Have had some time to digest and read back through the PCA;

• Again - want to give kudos to Chief Fry and all those involved. As we were doubting during the investigation, they were putting together quite a comprehensive picture of the events that occurred. While we thought they weren't capable, they were outdoing the efforts of most large departments in the US.
  • I thought the scale of FBI was odd, initially, but it now makes WAY more sense since we had multiple states in the picture from almost the beginning. MPD (and probably ISP) starting framing together the picture of the Hyuandi very quickly.
  • Kudos to the WSU PD Officer that spotted AND ran the information pertaining to the car. Getting that image attached to the driver owning the registration was the catalyst for this entire thing. The picture matching DM's description was THE start of the end for BK.
  • I believe SG was told by LE that they had more info after his emotional media appearances. I can't imagine how tough the line of withholding information but having to tell the parents to trust you was. I believe they showed him something to prove they were on it and not falling into a cold case scenario.
  • This is just MOO, but I am having a hard time picturing the XR/EC sequence of events. IF MM was the target and her and KG were killed first, I would think the crying from XR (assumed) would wake Ethan up. If Ethan was first, I would assume XR would make some sort of audible noise to alert the others? I'm just very confused by her being awake.
  • I think BK may have been confused and not counted KG as a possibility in the home? If he watched the home enough and counted XR, MM, EC (as a routine guest), DM, and the other - he would imagine encountering 5 individuals. In his mind, he may have assumed KG was one of the other roommates? If he did see DM, he would have "accounted" for everyone in the home.
All just my thoughts and opinions.
I'm thinking that EC was sleeping and XK was awake. I would think XK's DD order would indicate if he was awake along with his phone records. If she ordered food for him, then he probably was. If not, I would assume he was sleeping. But maybe he just didn't want anything. Maybe when she said "there's someone here", she was saying it out loud and trying to wake EC at the same time. Being that he's a good size gentleman, I would think if he was alert, he would have come out to check instead of XK getting up.

Makes more sense that BK went straight to the 3rd floor. Too much noise was happening with the dog etc, XK heard it, and BK heard or saw movement on the 2nd floor when he came back down and then attacked XK and EC.

(side note: I see you used XR to refer to Xana. So many times when I was writing, I wanted to type XR too. :) )

MOO

I think that depends on what he cleaned it with. MOO.

ETA: They will have his DNA since he's in custody. But he may have wiped away any Victim's DNA.
We'll see how good of job BK did cleaning away evidence. He blew it with his cell phone so maybe he left some incriminating evidence behind for LE to recover. JMO.

It’s possible that from where he approached the house, he couldn’t see X’s bedroom light on (I do personally believe her bedroom light probably was on or at least enough lights to see so she could eat her Door Dash order). But likely at 4 AM the rest of the house was in darkness. He may have been surprised to find anyone awake at that hour. His repeated drives past the house beginning at 3:29 AM make me think he was scoping it out for movement or any sign that people were awake. Could even be he waited until after 4 because a bedroom light had previously been on and then went off MOO

Probably old news but I didn't know BK had been threatened in PA, while waiting to be transported to ID.....

The quadruple murder suspect was threatened as he sat behind a glass screen inside his cell after he was arrested at his parents’ home in Albrightsville on Dec. 30, a source told NewsNation.

I think that is because the knife sheath was next to Maddie. Yet at the same time KG had more injury. There are some who feel that was because KG fought back to try and save Maddie and herself. Personally, I'm not sure. I still think KG was the intended target. I think the sheath just ended up where it did. JMO
I tend to think the opposite. MM was first, KG started to wake up and the wounds are worse due to that and a different frame than MM. IMO

THANK YOU!
I feel the exact same way. I know the sheath was found near her, but Maddie and Kaylee were right next to eachother, so still the target was likely Kaylee due to dads comments and Kaylee (obviously) having a stalker. I am open to the target being Maddie but I feel like people are jumping to conclusions, I just don't see it.

ALSO he probably had that sheath attached to his belt, its very likely Maddie and/or Kaylee fought and it came off.

I say the sheath was good for two things- DNA and knife ID

All MOO!

Yes I think there was some confusion about the phone - I believe this just came from the fact the affidavit refers to the account being opened on 23 June 2022, as you mention. My interpretation was that didn’t necessarily mean he was in the area on this date. Agree - it does seem strange to get a new plan so recently. Maybe he got a new phone in anticipation of the move (I can imagine students might be sorting a number of administrative things such as bank accounts etc around this time) and/or maybe he had already started thinking about what he was going to try and attempt once he arrived and decided a new phone would more effectively cover his tracks. MOO
I hadn't realized until I went back and checked that the plan was registered to his PA address -- could mean he hadn't found an apartment in WA yet.

I am firmly in the camp that he did not move to WA to commit a crime due to the nature of applying for PhD programs and starting such a program (which I've posted about before). I really do have a hard time believing he had been planning this as soon as late August, but that is when he began visiting the residence in Moscow, so the details so far suggest that may have been exactly what he was doing... happy to have more details / clarity on the suspect and arrest, but still so many questions.

Agree. I think he went to that area bc it was a known area for groups of university kids. He probably sat in the parking lot above the back of the house and could see in through the windows, so he knew it was a group of young women living there.
Yes. I think he probably had a few potential targets and decided they were the easiest due to the location of the house. I do not think he actually saw DM or she would be dead also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333