Found Deceased WI - Ronald Henry, 34, was doing farm work at a home, suddenly went missing, Platteville, Grant Co., 5 Dec 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
639f26aaf0011.image.jpg

639925f6beb50.image.png

PLATTEVILLE, Wis. — A larger aerial and ground search soon will be done for a man missing from Platteville nearly one month after his disappearance.

The Grant County Sheriff's Department announced this morning that officers are preparing to do another area search in the next week for Ronald Henry, 34, who was reported missing from rural Platteville on Dec. 7.

Department officials also reported they are conducting interviews this week with the help of the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations team. Sheriff Nate Dreckman said investigators have about 10 people they hope to talk to, some of whom were interviewed Wednesday and today.

More at UPDATE: Larger aerial, ground search planned for man missing in Grant County

Whose home was it? Where would Ronald go? I hope that he is safe, it's been a month already.

Court records indicate he doesn't likely have current driving privileges though no mention of a vehicle has been made in the MSM articles. There were charges made a couple of years ago after being found driving while suspended/revoked, and it looks like there was a failure to pay the fine and the license was suspended, if I'm reading it correctly. Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

There is A LOT of information on his FB missing persons group that definitely wouldn’t be suitable to bring to WS. But his family and friends seem extremely active in trying to get him home.

I also found this MSM article that talks about his movements in the days prior to being reported missing: New report sheds light on hours just before man mysteriously disappeared in Grant Co.
I wonder what's to be made of him saying some dogs in the woods needed help. And the strange voice message. I also saw the drama on the FB page. I wonder what this farm area looked like. Where there other housing or camping areas? Was it private or did others use the area for hunting and camping? So many questions.

NamUs Link
News Release Video
News Article

Facebook Group for Ronald

Please assist with this case in any way you can!
Ronald Henry went missing in the early morning of December 5, 2022 at a farm in Plateville, WI.

Ronald was temporarily staying at this farm to do some work is my understanding. He was staying with a man named Tyler, and Tylers uncle. Tyler claims that Ronald and him got drunk the night of his disappearance and Ronald let Tylers uncles dog out to pee after Tyler had gone to sleep. The dog would not come back in the house, so Ronald went to tell Tyler, and when Tyler did not believe him, Ronald went outside to look for it. Tyler then got up and left for work, believing that Ronald was asleep on the couch. Tyler then claims that his uncle woke up to go to work, and the door was wide open when he went to leave. Tylers uncle also received a voicemail from Ronald around noon that day telling him to hurry and call him back. This was the last contact Ronald had with anyone. His phone pinged about half a mile from the farm at that point.

There has been searches that have showed up with nothing.

Police do have his belongings, but his phone has not been recovered. Family has access to his social media and says nothing was found suspicious on them.

<modsnip - rumors not allowed>

<modsnip - no link>, and family says that he would NEVER voluntarily leave. 030489BF-3A58-4A6B-98B2-EFDF35D47BAF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Snipped & BBM...
...Henry is described as black, 5-foot-10 and 170 pounds with black eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue winter coat, basketball shorts and dark tennis shoes.

The Sheriff’s Office, which received the report of Henry’s disappearance Dec 7, said Dec. 8 that Henry was seen by two eyewitnesses in Platteville after when he originally went missing.

From December 24, 2022:

I grew up in this area. Outside of Platteville (where there's a small state university), it's a very rural, <modsnip - no link> area. <modsnip>

I also hope LE is looking at the guys he was staying with. <modsnip - casting suspicion on people not named as POI>

I grew up in this area. Outside of Platteville (where there's a small state university), it's a very rural, <modsnip - no link> area. <modsnip>

I also hope LE is looking at the guys he was staying with. <modsnip - casting suspicion on people not named as POI>
I guess I need sources to discuss the demographics of Grant County and the potential for violence to be directed at him (even though I lived there for 17 years)?
US Census Data
1674430559775.png

Crime in Grant County - Robbery is going up. Anyone trying to protect their property is going to be hypervigilant and on the lookout for people that look like they don't belong.<modsnip - introducing race into the discussion> From personal observation, there's a lot of no tresspassing signs up in the rural areas, because landowners are touchy about people poaching animals on their land. Someone from the big city might not be aware of how sensitive some landowners are about this and wander into areas where a landowner might prefer to shoot first and ask questions later. I can't find any county-specific statistics on gun ownership, but I'd wager it's higher than average in the rural areas.

1674430316451.pngI'm just trying to provide some context about the mindset of people that live in the area.

So, according to WKOW and LE, Tyler Dailey stated he last saw Henry around 3:30 AM, Monday, December 5, 2022, in the residence.

Deputies dated a voicemail from Ronald Henry to James Dailey to 12:00 PM (noon) Monday, December 5, 2022, which pinged a half mile from the residence, which was 8.5 hours later from when Tyler Daily said he last saw him at 3:30 AM.

Yet, at 5:30 AM, Tyler stated "he remained quiet and snuck out so as to not wake Henry up." So, he saw the couch Henry was sleeping on, Henry's belongings and the TV on, but he didn't see Henry on the couch? And what happened to the dog? Did it return home?

New report sheds light on hours just before man mysteriously disappeared in Grant Co.

"When Tyler went to work the next morning around 5:30 a.m., he says Henry's belongings were still there and the TV by the couch was still on, so he remained quiet and snuck out so as to not wake Henry up."

"James Dailey says when he woke up around 7:30 a.m., Henry was not there and the door to the residence was left wide open. He later noticed a voicemail from Henry, which deputies dated to 12:00 p.m. on December 5. In the voicemail, Henry is heard saying "Jim, it's Ronald. Call me back right away." Deputy Underwood notes that Henry sounded "anxious" in the message. This is the last known communication from Henry."

Source: WKOW News

Last edited:
Terribly sad news. :( Prayers for Ronald's family and loved ones.

Ronald Henry, the man who went missing from a farmhouse in Grant County in December, was found dead in the woods near the farmhouse Sunday, his sister Tytiana Henry told 27 News.

Henry said an Amish man searching for deer antlers south of the farm discovered Henry's remains and alerted authorities.

[...]

Terribly sad news. :( Prayers for Ronald's family and loved ones.

Ronald Henry, the man who went missing from a farmhouse in Grant County in December, was found dead in the woods near the farmhouse Sunday, his sister Tytiana Henry told 27 News.

Henry said an Amish man searching for deer antlers south of the farm discovered Henry's remains and alerted authorities.

[...]
Found a mile south of the farm which had been extensively searched. IMO, foul play is involved. We'll see Thursday, when the autopsy is scheduled.

Note: This interview took place a week before the body was found.

Man who last saw Ronald Henry before his mysterious disappearance speaks out for the first time​

When Henry disappeared suddenly in December, he was staying with Dailey at Dailey's uncle's farmhouse near Lancaster. Dailey remembers a strange encounter he had with Henry the night he went missing.

"He woke me up and he's like 'dude, come look, the dogs are outside," Dailey said. "And there's somebody out there. Somebody else is out there -- some person. I said, 'dude just go to sleep because you're tripping.'"

Dailey said he also remembers Henry speaking to a woman on Facebook named "Lucy." Dailey and his uncle had suspicions that the woman wasn't real, but Henry talked with her for days.

"I told him to video chat with her or make her send you a picture holding a pinky finger up or something like that so you know it's her," Dailey said. "Ronald said, 'she even says she'll come pick me up.'"
  • WKOW
  • Feb 28, 2023 Updated Mar 1, 2023

Something seems off about this. Do they say what the deal was about the dogs? So he thinks the dogs are in distress and he goes outside in the middle of the night to check on the dogs. Does it mention anywhere in any of the articles if the dogs had been messed with (I have looked but there sure is not much information about that night). Was someone messing with the dogs and Ronald happened upon that person, or those people, perhaps? I wonder what his friend at the farm has said about that night, and the dogs, and what he heard. I live about three hours from that area. I wonder what the toxicology report will tell us.

Per this article his body was found in a ravine a mile south of the farmhouse and just outside of their search radius: Sheriff confirms missing man's body found in Grant County

Honestly, with no signs of trauma, I wonder if he just got lost after chasing the dog(s) too far, ended up in the ravine, and couldn't find his way back out... Maybe walked too far in the wrong direction after leaving the voicemail, lost cell signal, and suffered the elements of December. The temps overnight were in the 20s the week he went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back