ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the 'purchased unknown items' phrase; it's 2023, not 1923, lol. When I read/heard that part I had to slightly giggle with the thought of 'yeeeah, that's something they don't want to or need to elaborate on, just yet' in the back of my mind. I say that because every. single. receipt. I've printed out for a customer or had printed out for me as the shopper has an invoice number, as well as, the items listed on receipt are also itemized with item numbers. Those items were brought to the store under tracking numbers and invoice numbers, etc. The only way items would be truly unknown would be if BK ran out the door without paying (...and I've seen cashiers, managers, and LP use their detective skills and deductive reasoning skills to find the item numbers needed for inventory, in quite a few of those instances...).

My point is those items aren't unknown. An elaboration on them simply wasn't needed at that time for that document. If it's relevant to case it'll be brought up in court.

All just my experience ... and opinion.

IMO, BK returned to Moscow and drove past the crime scene the next morning out of curiosity to see what was going on and check to see if LE was on the scene yet. Kind of like murderers often attend victims’ memorial vigils…just to be nosey and to be a part of it. He returned in the morning during broad daylight. JMO, but I don’t think he would have walked around near the house or gone into the house and risked anyone seeing him. We don’t know if he even knew the sheath was missing at that moment in time. But, WOW, what a huge piece of evidence to leave behind.
I'm sure he was checking for any news of the murders and at that time there was none!

Cellphone data is stored with his cellphone provider. He cannot destroy that data.
Yes, that's true. But is everything on a persons phone stored by the cell phone provider? What about photos? JMO.

Perhaps the roommate's phone was out of battery, she lost track of it in the house, left it somewhere during day, or didn't have her charger handy. Or she passed out upon returning into room for whatever reason. Or perhaps not having the 'hindsight' we all have, didn't grasp the seriousness of it all.
I would have to assume the latter, because this age group doesn't go to bed without their phone/charger. I don't even go to bed without my phone and I'm twice her age.

Drones are really great at being small, quiet and incredibly effective. Makes me wonder if they used a drone given the area and distance from other homes.

Search twitter for: kohberger plane playback and you can see it. Apparently it is a Cessna 208. I'd post the playback, but IDK how to translate UTC to regular time.

I think many speculate this because she was in bed and the sheath was found next to her, as if he lost the sheath right at the start. Jmo.
I thought MM too then it dawned on me that it could’ve been KG since they were sleeping in the same bed. I think he went to that room first, took the knife out, dropped the sheath, and in the frenzy of stabbing the four victims to death in 10-15 minutes, forgot about it until later. I bet he went over and over the whole thing in his mind for hours. I am still struggling with motive and still think he was obsessed with MM and/or KG. It’s too sick.

I would have to assume the latter, because this age group doesn't go to bed without their phone/charger. I don't even go to bed without my phone and I'm twice her age.
Yes, I did think of that :) but there is the odd time it happens to the best of us, especially when having been out socializing, etc.

Reactions: GRT
I think LE had a drone flying for quite a while over the family home.
That would make me very suspicious if I had a drone continually flying over my home. And with as cautious as BK was (wearing gloves, washing every inch of his car, and putting trash into his neighbors garbage can around 4am, etc.).. you'd THINK he'd have been extremally paranoid about something as odd as that and you know he's been looking over his shoulder since 11/13.

What an idiot!! Bringing his cell phone and turning it off and on during critical moments in the murder left a trail back to him. What’s worse (or good) cell phone was with him during all the hours of the house Being stalked weeks ago. But the icing on the cake is coming back to the crime scene at 9:00 a.m. same day with his cell phone on. LOL.
It would be interesting to know how often he turns his cell phone off during a regular week. My children and even I almost never have it off.

They did pose as garbage men - affidavit says it.
The way I read the affidavit it doesn't say these Pennsylvania agents were dressed or posed as garbage men.

"On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA. That evidence was sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing. On December 28,2022, the Idaho State Lab reported that a DNA profrle obtained ftom the trash and the DNA profile obtained from the sheath, identified a male as not being excluded as the bioiogical father of Suspect Profrle. At least 99.9998% of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father."

affidavit

When I originally posted the link below, I assumed LE were traveling and dismissed in my mind the idea that DNA would be transported like this across country. I guess I thought that DNA could be looked at anywhere and digital comparisons made.

In any case, the affidavit (3rd to last paragraph) indicates the DNA sample from PA did, in fact, travel to Idaho. Hence, the plane trip taken at the same time. MOO

"On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA. That evidence was sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing. On December 28, 2022, the Idaho State Lab reported that a DNA profile obtained from the trash and the DNA profile obtained from the sheath, identified a male as not being excluded as the biological father of Suspect Profile."

Here’s a screenshot from the video posted by SillyBilly showing the second floor bedroom (circled with red) showing where DM was when BCK walked past her (leaving a shoe print) on his way out of the house.

I apologize for not including the link in my first post that was deleted because I directed others to the post rather than simply (not for me) including it. (Posting my own screenshot is a pretty advanced level skill for me!)

ETA: the screenshot! Duh
Did he leave the footprint on the way out or on his way to kill X and E? I can't remember the PCA giving the direction the print was pointing. It seems more likely he left it coming down from level 3. JMO

"Legal experts have warned that the case against alleged Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger isn't a 'slam dunk' – despite authorities discovering his DNA at the scene.

The authorities have Kohberger's DNA on the knife sheath, but DNA evidence can be transferred from one person to another onto an object so that evidence is not open and shut for a conviction.

'Prosecutors don't have the murder weapon, they have a pretty vague description of the suspect from an eyewitness, and they lack a clear-cut motive."

The affidavit says single source DNA on the sheath button snap. There would be another profile there if it was transfer DNA. JMO

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case...it - Exhibit A - Statement of Brett Payne.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305