ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know she saw blood or a knife?
Well how else would a Ka-Bar look like after it was used seconds earlier to stab 4 people? That's besides the point however. The fact is that DM was shocked and terrified after seeing BK so it is likely he simply didn't look to her like an average guest.

If your point is that I should add IMHO to my post then your're absolutely right, all of my statements are only my humble opinion.

Any idea what the local time was when this was filmed?

I've been trying to figure that out. I followed the video link to KTVB's website, and this link, then scrolled down to see the time as "published at 11:56 a.m. MST".

This could have been shot earlier, then uploaded to the KTVB site.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
So, I've been thinking, where should LE look for the murder weapon? One possibility, IMO, might be in that river in Lewiston at some point. BUT. I found a problem!
(Maybe BK missed it?) I didn't count the miles exactly, as
the water continues on downhill to the Snake River, 2-3 miles before Almota. There's the Lower Granite Dam Fish Ladder...I tried to attach the file but couldn't get it to work. I think that might be a fairly easy place to catch a knife drifting down the river. JMO.

Someone else on an earlier page suggested that BK may have buried it in the dirt somewhere, and I have since then found a bunch of spots that might work.

I've been starting to wonder if dude ever sleeps. It sure doesn't look like he does much of that with 4am garbage trips, very early morning murders and then returns ~4 hrs later to check out what's going on!

View attachment 393223
View attachment 393227

Ha! I thought to myself: My god why is this guy always up at 4am?!?!

grocery... 24 hr?

It was noonish on Sunday. Idaho still has blue laws. Maybe he suddenly needed a drink, having just driven once again from Moscow, 1122 Kings Road, where his victims were still undiscovered. He had been hoping for a LE/Media circus to watch. He will likely go on around the loop and back to Moscow later.

They're taking mattresses. I'm assuming that it's not M or X's mattress. Wouldn't they take that for analysis and DNA testing ASAP? Are those mattresses being taken at the request of BK, since he is the one who halted the cleanup?

I don't know... we have a witness that said the guy in the house had bushy eyebrows. Look at those things! I saw them and my first thought were 2 caterpillars over his eyes (I'm being serious. I really did think that and that was before I read about bushy eyebrows in the affidavit (which made me laugh uncontrollably for quite some time when I saw mention of them. lol)).

Bushy eyebrows + DNA is good enough for me! Plus all those phone records and cam viewings.

View attachment 393220

Fortunately, during trial, the law governs that direct evidence and circumstantial evidence are to be given equal weight. But I agree that a good defense-- which I believe BK has, can make a good argument against relying the DNA evidence alone. IMO, it will be the electronic/phone forensics that will remove any reasonable doubt by a jury.

I'm hoping one of the victims fought back and there's DNA under their nails. MOO
I’m thinking he was way too whipped up on adrenaline and realizing his fantasy to thoroughly clean up at the scene. It happened so unbelievably fast and I’m still not convinced he planned to kill four people. I think he lost all semblance of control for a good two hours or more. Total speculation.

Fortunately, during trial, the law governs that direct evidence and circumstantial evidence are to be given equal weight. But I agree that a good defense-- which I believe BK has, can make a good argument against relying the DNA evidence alone. IMO, it will be the electronic/phone forensics that will remove any reasonable doubt by a jury.
It’s going to be the totality of the evidence, imo.

Albertson's is a chain grocery store (almost always has a small hardware section). They have pictures of him in the aisles, so they can probably theorize about what he bought.

I am myself of course extremely curious what was so important that he gets himself yet again on camera that night. I wonder what he was wearing at that point. Wouldn't LE mention if his clothes were not the dark clothes mentioned by D?

I am guessing he went right out to his car, with much less blood on him than many would think - but more than he anticipated and sped off. He had blood on the bottom of his foot just minutes before (the latent print outside D's door) but it wasn't a lot of blood. Still, it doesn't take much blood from his foot to leave victim DNA on the pedals and carpeting (especially) of the car. I wonder if his car carpet has bleach stains. I wonder if he bought bleach at Albertson's and other cleaning supplies.

To me, it looks like he had been thinking about this for a while, and had gone on many false starts on prior nights. For whatever reason, this was the night that everything clicked for him. But did he bring cleaning supplies? I wonder. Maybe he bought trash bags and cleaning supplies after the fact (in keeping with his general pattern of being much less smart than he thinks he is).

Bleach does not destroy DNA, although washing can move it around. It tends to be detectable on fiber for a long time, even after multiple hot water washings in a washing machine, with bleach.

Since he takes another circuitous route back to Moscow the next morning, I do wonder where he disposed of his clothes. Surely he disposed of his clothes, right?
Putting on a Tyvek suit, and foot covers, gloves, etc before he contaminates his car interior, he could have prepared and brought these items with him, possibly even a protective tarp seat cover already in car with a change of clothing. All disposed of with his clothing.

Why would that be? It's most likely his transfer DNA (from his fingers as he unbuttoned the sheath, not sure how else he gets the sheath open).

Single source DNA means all the DNA in the sample is from one person (source). Could be any kind of DNA.
The quoted link said the defence can claim another person transferred his DNA there. I was pointing out it's single source, his profile only.

I agree there are similarities. Christensen took the much bigger risk of actually abducting someone. According to accounts of counsellors he'd visisited prior to the murder, he was both suicidal and homicidal. His wife had left him, he had no future prospects because he was flunking his PhD, he was on medication for psychiatric problems, he bragged to his girlfiend about killing Ying ying. Mental Health Counselors Testify About Treatment For Brendt Christensen | Illinois Public Media

Seems to me, he didn't care if he got caught, as long as he became infamous.

It seems BK had more concern for his own future and intended to get away with this.
We did that case here for 2 full years.
At the end his girlfriend, Teb joined us.
she had been following our posts.
Then a member of the prosecution joined us here..

But they never found her body and he was a massive liar, said he'd sent her to landfill but many of us never believed that. Teb didn't believe it either.
We think he kept her remains or at least part of them as souvenirs.
He attended her vigil and while there confessed to TEB, who was wired but he also targeted another attendee..
He would certainly have done it again.
Federal DP case in which 2 of the jurors decided to spare him..
He was still living with his wife though it was an open relationship.
FBI got every Facebook convo he ever had and they used them in evidence.
Every amazon purchase.. everything he ever bought..
But they never found YY. and she needed to be found.

The other roommate lived on the first floor, bottom left as you face the house.
He apparently makes two trips along that route. First, as he flees 1122 King Road at around 4:30 am on Nov 13. Then, he comes back to the crime scene at around 9 am. Then he drives his former escape route again (more or less - doesn't appear to have stopped in the same places) and goes to an Albertson's.

IOW, he is reluctant to take the Pullman-Moscow Road. I can't remember if he drove directly to 1122 King Road from Pullman at around 9 am or if he in fact went back by the long route (avoiding the cell towers and cameras along the Pullman-Moscow Road, probably keeping his phone off in the daylight, but inexplicably stopping at an Albertson's and had his phone on (to find the Albertson's, most likely).

Having been up and sleepless for many hours, and with his brain chemistry fried into new patterns, I guess he was completely lost as to how to conceal himself from digital surveillance based off his phone. Or on how to find a grocery store in a town.
Has it been stated what radius those cell towers cover? TIA

Putting on a Tyvek suit, and foot covers, gloves, etc before he contaminates his car interior, he could have prepared and brought these items with him, possibly even a protective tarp seat cover already in car with a change of clothing. All disposed of with his clothing.
Most likely because his prints should have been all over the Kbar sheath and he just left a single footprint.
A Vans.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads