ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about on the gas and brake pedals? He stepped in blood and tracked it. I don't see him coving the pedals with plastic. Although who knows with someone who takes the garbage out at 4am with gloves on and places the trash in the neighbors can.
I was thinking he either covered his shoes with plastic booties when he got back to the car or took them off and put them in a bag, maybe in the trunk? Same with the knife, he maybe added it to a bag or wiped it off on his clothes before removing them. Unless he had something to cover his clothes or to remove them and put something else on, he would he also sitting w possible blood tainted cloths in his car.
All IMO, MOO. I can’t imagine he would think it makes sense to hope right into the car taking precautions-but then again he’s done more odd things. Maybe he thought he could somehow clean it out himself, outsmarting everyone. Which we all know isn’t likely.

Imo it means a lot that they would even put this statement out. Because it would have been completely reckless and could’ve put lives in danger. They recognize that. So imo they feel the need to clarify this to the public—which I don’t think is something they usually do.

Didn’t stop msm from reporting the rumors and filling peoples heads with that bs though.
I can’t recall the name for it, but if you tailgate an 28-wheeler, you can get extra gas mileage by using the draft it creates…wonder if he does that. Just a thought.

Do I have this right? He returned to the area of the crime scene between 9a.m. and 9:30a.m. the next day? Is it possible he was returning to get that knife sheath? Or was he a looky loo? He just had to see all the commotion he'd created?

He returned THE SAME DAY. 5 hours after murders and 3 hours before 911 was called and the murders reported.

He was either curious because he wasn't hearing anything on the news or what I think is he realized his knife sheath was missing and he desperately wanted it back but there were just too many people around for him to enter the house, too risky.

And they say that phone data shows that the 28-year-old suspect’s phone left his home in Pulman, Washington, at approximately 9am and travelled back to Moscow, Idaho.

“Specifically, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to the King Road Residence between 9.12am and 9.21am,” the documents state.

“The 8458 Phone next utilized cellular resources that are consistent with the 8458 Phone traveling back to the area of the Kohberger Residence and arriving to the area at approximately 9.32am.”

Last edited:
Just saying: I appreciate the manager of the restaurant in PA who put the note about Kohlberger in their system. It showed good judgment on his part as to alerting personnel about a potential threat to their safety or "mental health." I also think it will be part of the profile the prosecution is putting together. MO

So piecing through the PCA and timeline a bit:

Approx 4am X's doordash is delivered. I'm guessing she goes downstairs to get it, goes back upstairs and eats it in her room while scrolling through TikTok.

at 4:04am BK is attempting to park by the house, fails, completes a three point turn comes back and parks. So at the very earliest, he enters the house maybe at 4:05am. He may have sat in his car for a few minutes getting up the nerve. Eventually he enters through the sliding door on the second floor. We can assume X did not see him so he most likely entered shortly after she retrieved her DD and was eating it somewhere she could not see him.

Approx 4am D wakes up to the sound of "K playing with her dog." We can assume now that this was actually BK upstairs so again, sometime after 4:05am. It seems as though the dog did NOT bark during this time as wouldn't that have been noted on the neighbor's video as well? The dog was also found in K's room when M and K were murdered in M's bed. He may have locked the dog in K's room before or after murdering the girls. Given we know they were both killed in M's bed and there is no mention of D hearing anything upstairs, I am guessing they were both killed in their sleep. Maybe this is why the dog didn't bark - there was no real noise. BK leaves the sheath there.

After the "playing with the dog sounds" D hears someone say "there's someone here." D says she thought it was K but the police speculate it could have been X as X was awake until at least 4:12am. I'm guessing the investigators suspected K was already dead by then which is why they think it was X.

Something to note - X's DD bag was seen by the kitchen sink the next morning so at some point, she was in the kitchen. Maybe it was then that she said "someone's here." Maybe the door in there was open? Maybe she could hear something going on upstairs? She could have said it to herself in the kitchen or maybe went back to the room and said it E.

When D hears "there's someone here" she opens her door and doesn't see anyone. Meaning BK is likely still upstairs. Or if X was in her room when she said this, maybe BK is already around the corner to her bedroom and out of D's sightline.

Now remember X is on Tiktok until 4:12am. So everything next likely comes after that.

D hears crying from X's room. She opens her door again and sees nothing. At this point we can assume BK is in X's room. She hears a male voice say "it's okay, I'm going to help you." Unknown if this was E or BK.

At 4:17 the neighbor's camera picks up whimpering from X's room, a thud and a dog barking. Let's assume this is the murder of X and E which fits with X being on TikTok until 4:12am.

D opens her door a third time and sees BK walking towards her with a mask on. She shuts her door and locks it. Police have stated he likely left through the sliding glass door immediately after this. His car is seen pulling away at 4:20 so he probably walked out around 4:19am (fits with the 4:17 sounds).

Did BK encounter X in the kitchen? Maybe M was the target, K was killed because she was in the bed and X was awake and spotted. Maybe X ran back to her room, BK followed her and killed her and E. The interesting thing is it doesn't seem as though X ever screamed. I feel if she'd spotted him in the kitchen and ran to her room, she would have screamed at some point. Maybe BK heard her say "there's someone here" and attacked her because of that. Or maybe he intended to kill her and E as well and went to their room intentionally.

The timeline is so tight, it's unbelievable. I feel so awful for D having to hear that. I hope she gets the help she needs to recover from this.

What do other people think about the sequence of events?

Because his DNA is on that sheath, and represents the nail in BKs coffin, the defense is going to go all
out to try and negate its importance-- how they will try and do this will prove interesting--they may allege
he was framed or other nonsense and of course they will have DNA experts put forth theories to
confuse the jury.
If the sheath doesn't fit, you must acquit.

I think the target was M. I think he saw her at that restaurant and liked her so he followed her home. The first time he was at the Kings rd house was at 10:34 PM in August. Someone on here checked the time the restaurant closed and it was at 10:00PM. Consider the time it would take for the employees to empty the cash drawer, clean up and set up the tables for the next day. That probably took 20 minutes or more. He followed her home, then watched the house. He probably asked around of the other kids in the area and learned her name. Her bedroom window had a huge M in it with a pair of pink boots, so easy for him to figure out her room by just going around back or standing in the street behind the house, since it was almost eye level with her room. I think he was inside the house during one of those open door parties and knew the layout to her room. I also think he waited until K moved out and he thought M was alone on that floor. He also had to get a night when there was no party happening.

One thing that seems to be forgotten on here is K had a new car. She just bought it so no way did BK know that was K's car. I think he knew she moved out and did not expect her to come back that weekend. It was sheer coincidence she came back to show M the car. He probably thought it was someone staying the night with BF or DM. He thought M was alone on that top floor so easy in, easy out for him. I actually think K was in her room with the dog. I think he got surprised in the middle of killing M by K coming into M's room when she heard a noise (or dog started barking) and that is why he left that sheath on the bed and why SG said K's injuries were different. He killed M lying in bed asleep and K while standing, (That would account for the slashing vs stabbing type wounds if she was standing) then knocked her down or threw her on the bed. (Keep in mind M appeared much more intoxicated than K in the videos so probably went to sleep faster.) This was the K "playing with dog noise" DM heard.

X was awake and heard the noise upstairs also. I think BK was coming down the stairs and heard X tell E "there is someone here". He had no way to know if they saw him or not so he went toward her voice. (Keep in mind X worked at that restaurant also and he may have thought she would recognize him.) Remember this all happened very fast. I think he attacked E first, maybe as he was getting up out of bed. He stabbed E several times and E fell to the floor. This was the loud thump picked up on video/audio. I think X hid behind E and was shocked by what was happening, probably whimpering and crying at first. Then when E went down she tried to run. BK caught her, maybe covering her mouth and told her "it's okay, I am going to help you." This is why X was in the door or hallway.

BK then walked toward DM but didn't see her there (I am assuming her room was dark and if the graphics are correct she would have been partially obscured by her bedroom door.) He then exited the house.

This is all pure speculation based on the PCA and SG's statements.

ETA: BK's original plan may have been to rape M with the knife at her throat. That is why it is important to remember K's new car that BK would not have recognized as K's, leaving M alone on the top floor.

JMO
I have nearly the exat same theory, including that Kaylee was initially in her own room.

Do I have this right? He returned to the area of the crime scene between 9a.m. and 9:30a.m. the next day? Is it possible he was returning to get that knife sheath? Or was he a looky loo? He just had to see all the commotion he'd created?
My theory is the suspense was killing him when he saw nothing being reported, so he couldn't contain himself to go see what was going on. I suspect since he was never a traditional student that it may not have occurred to him that it was quite likely nobody in their social circle would be up to notice something amiss until later in the day rather than bright and early on a Sunday morning.
True, but her light was likely on unless she ate in the dark.
Yes that's very true. I can totally see her not having the light on when she's just on her phone, but I have a hard time believing she ate like that. MOO

I can’t recall the name for it, but if you tailgate an 28-wheeler, you can get extra gas mileage by using the draft it creates…wonder if he does that. Just a thought.
In that post, I meant that the fbi having police pull over BK would’ve been reckless and put lives in danger. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to

speculating...maybe he noticed M & K at a bar and found them attractive, popular, etc. One or both intrigued him. Maybe he tried to talk to one or both and was rejected or maybe he just followed them around. It would be easy to overhear them talking and then finding them on SM especially with it being a small college town. It would be easy to follow them on foot or car back to the house. Very scary and creepy to think about either way. moo

MOO with a dog, a man and friends all together a sense of safety would be in the house. One would never think in their wildest dreams about the slaughter that happened.
Seriously! It’s part of what makes it so scary. My 2 roommates and I are all female professional students. We have a medium-large dog and one roommate’s boyfriend (also a professional student, tall, muscular, fit) sleeps over most nights. All of that made me feel safer. Not anymore…

Just saying: I appreciate the manager of the restaurant in PA who put the note about Kohlberger in their system. It showed good judgment on his part as to alerting personnel about a potential threat to their safety or "mental health." I also think it will be part of the profile the prosecution is putting together. MO
What was the note?

Not that I am a grammar Nazi but was there a comma after the word also? I know it seems like a crazy question but usually affidavits are grammatical correct and a comma can make a difference. I myself miss commas all the time

There are stylistic issues throughout the affidavit that are common in legal writing, IMO.

It's the word ALSO at the beginning of the paragraph that organizes the floor plan and the information being conveyed. Doesn't need a comma and would mean the same if it had one.

IMO.

<modsnip - discussing a previously removed lifestyle article>

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good point. It didn't say "Also in the hallway was a male...".

Which brought me back to the actual affidavit.... I haven't seen a bazillion affidavits like a lot of you likely have, but the few I've seen usually have small pieces blanked out (like names, etc.). But this affidavit has the entire page 2 redaced, or blank, not just some spots here and there. That's got me to wondering why, of all places in the affidavit, is an entire page redacted after mentioning the sole deceased male in the house?

It says:
Chapin was also deceased with wounds later determined (Autopsy Report provided by Spokane {1 full page REDACTED} County Medical Examiner _____________ dated December 15,2022) to be caused by "sharp-force injuries."

What could a whole page redaction mean for the sole male? They didn't do this for the 3 women so I find this extremely odd. It makes me wonder if BK didn't like seeing a make in X's bed and did things other than just stab him to death.

We’ve never heard much at all about E’s injuries, maybe just maybe he fought back, maybe just maybe he had some of BK’s DNA on him and that will be a big hit at trial? Would they keep that info secret right now?

So piecing through the PCA and timeline a bit:

Approx 4am X's doordash is delivered. I'm guessing she goes downstairs to get it, goes back upstairs and eats it in her room while scrolling through TikTok.

at 4:04am BK is attempting to park by the house, fails, completes a three point turn comes back and parks. So at the very earliest, he enters the house maybe at 4:05am. He may have sat in his car for a few minutes getting up the nerve. Eventually he enters through the sliding door on the second floor. We can assume X did not see him so he most likely entered shortly after she retrieved her DD and was eating it somewhere she could not see him.

Approx 4am D wakes up to the sound of "K playing with her dog." We can assume now that this was actually BK upstairs so again, sometime after 4:05am. It seems as though the dog did NOT bark during this time as wouldn't that have been noted on the neighbor's video as well? The dog was also found in K's room when M and K were murdered in M's bed. He may have locked the dog in K's room before or after murdering the girls. Given we know they were both killed in M's bed and there is no mention of D hearing anything upstairs, I am guessing they were both killed in their sleep. Maybe this is why the dog didn't bark - there was no real noise. BK leaves the sheath there.

After the "playing with the dog sounds" D hears someone say "there's someone here." D says she thought it was K but the police speculate it could have been X as X was awake until at least 4:12am. I'm guessing the investigators suspected K was already dead by then which is why they think it was X.

Something to note - X's DD bag was seen by the kitchen sink the next morning so at some point, she was in the kitchen. Maybe it was then that she said "someone's here." Maybe the door in there was open? Maybe she could hear something going on upstairs? She could have said it to herself in the kitchen or maybe went back to the room and said it E.

When D hears "there's someone here" she opens her door and doesn't see anyone. Meaning BK is likely still upstairs. Or if X was in her room when she said this, maybe BK is already around the corner to her bedroom and out of D's sightline.

Now remember X is on Tiktok until 4:12am. So everything next likely comes after that.

D hears crying from X's room. She opens her door again and sees nothing. At this point we can assume BK is in X's room. She hears a male voice say "it's okay, I'm going to help you." Unknown if this was E or BK.

At 4:17 the neighbor's camera picks up whimpering from X's room, a thud and a dog barking. Let's assume this is the murder of X and E which fits with X being on TikTok until 4:12am.

D opens her door a third time and sees BK walking towards her with a mask on. She shuts her door and locks it. Police have stated he likely left through the sliding glass door immediately after this. His car is seen pulling away at 4:20 so he probably walked out around 4:19am (fits with the 4:17 sounds).

Did BK encounter X in the kitchen? Maybe M was the target, K was killed because she was in the bed and X was awake and spotted. Maybe X ran back to her room, BK followed her and killed her and E. The interesting thing is it doesn't seem as though X ever screamed. I feel if she'd spotted him in the kitchen and ran to her room, she would have screamed at some point. Maybe BK heard her say "there's someone here" and attacked her because of that. Or maybe he intended to kill her and E as well and went to their room intentionally.

The timeline is so tight, it's unbelievable. I feel so awful for D having to hear that. I hope she gets the help she needs to recover from this.

What do other people think about the sequence of events?
This is exactly how I envisioned things unfolding just based on what we know. The “there’s someone here” throws me off a bit because I do think it must have been X to say it, but then I’m not sure what made her think that if up to that point there hadn’t been *that much* noise (other than the sounds that D said sounded like K playing with the dog). And if I heard creaking of stairs or rustling in a house I lived in with 4 other people, I’d probably first assume it was a roommate and be like, “Kaylee? Maddie? What are you doing up?” Rather than say “there’s someone here”

Ugh. I’m desperate for more info as you can see lol.

He returned THE SAME DAY. 5 hours after murders and 3 hours before 911 was called and the murders reported.

He was either curious because he wasn't hearing anything on the news or what I think is he realized his knife sheath was missing and he desperately wanted it back but there were just too many people around for him to enter the house, too risky.
I see. So, he's monitoring police calls? Doesn't hear a call for his crime scene and realizes he might have an opportunity to cruise back to the scene and grab that knife sheath? Does this guy own a police call scanner? Might he have believed he'd left no witnesses? Was he in a funk when he was spotted by the young lady and didn't realize he'd left a living witness?

At 4:17 a camera 50 ft from her room detected "whimpering and a thud."
Snipped for focus. So there is a camera that close to the house that it picked up those sounds? If LE has that camera‘s recordings, then they could have way more sounds from that house. It’s possible they have sounds from the day of, and the day after.
It’s also disturbing to think a camera outside of a persons house, 50 ft away could be hearing stuff inside on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl