ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about BK's prior arrest due to a traffic violation. That took me by surprise. What kind of violation could this have been? When I hear the word traffic violation I think of speeding or running a red light. But no one gets arrested on the spot for that!

I also just wanted to say that after watching him at the hearing yesterday.. he appears so calm for the charges against him. It is like he thinks he is in some kind of criminal justice simulation and not in real life.
Not sure about an arrest for a traffic violation-- never heard that before.

What's been reported here is BK received a citation on 8/21 in Moscow for not wearing his seatbelt. He paid a $10 fine online.

I'm not sure BK drove back to see if he could somehow retrieve the knife sheath. I think he drove back to see if the home/road was full of LE investigating his handi-work. Perhaps he was keeping up with the news on telly/radio/internet and wondered why there was no breaking news about this. jmo

How many pages are included in the documents that were released following BK's arraignment? I've seen and read 18 pages, listed as Attachment A. But I read somewhere else that there were 72 pages. If there are that many pages, can someone share a link to the bigger document? Thank you.

What I’ve seen is 19 pages, but there is a section between what is marked page 1 and page 2 that is redacted. It appears to be the autopsy.
So there could be a great deal more than 19 pages if the autopsy and tox reports are that redacted section.
Could that be 72 pages? Yes. It would be four autopsies And four toxicology reports.
That could be 72 pages

JMO

I am well aware of what an affidavit is all about. You have missed my point entirely. Additionally, I am well aware of court proceedings and the legal process as well. My point is that the affidavit is a very poorly written document and because of this, people are confused by it. It is not a matter of people being “starved for information“, it is confusing due to poor grammar, punctuation, run on sentences and so forth. I think it is very presumptuous of you to imply that when other posters question the wording on the affidavit, it is because they are “starved for info”, when in fact, they are valid doing so because the document is convoluted. IMOO
Based on presiding US law, the judge in this case approved an arrest & 3 search warrants based on the PCA as written, which is defined as follows:

"An affidavit of probable cause is a sworn statement, typically made by a police officer, that outlines the factual justification for why a judge should consent to an arrest or search warrant or why an arrest made during a crime-in-progress was based on solid evidence that the person in custody is the person who is likely to have committed the crime."

Affidavit of Probable Cause Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc..

IMO, Suspect Vehicle #1 as opposed to……….Suspect Vehicle #2? Somebody else on foot? Another car? If there was only one vehicle involved, wouldn’t LE just label it: “Suspect Vehicle?”

It ould be interesting to know if BK made any calls from his phone before the trip, approaching to the house, or en route to Pullman. Can't shake off the thought that people take the phone with them to be able to call.

IMO it's an obvious typo, that will be corrected in later documents. In your experience, do legal cases succeed or fail because of typos in preliminary documents?
Preliminary documents, PCA, search warrants, that are found to be incorrect can absolutely result in a case being dismissed. Let me be clear. I was in no way saying that the fact that the CPL who wrote the PCA put the wrong state for a town listed as a location invalidates the arrest. My point is, details are crucial. Four young individuals were brutally murdered. This is potentially a death penalty case. I will say that when I read the PCA, IMO, it was poorly pieced together and contained inaccurate information and in my experience, the evidence outlined concerning the location of the suspect based on utilization of cellular resources as well as eye witness/video surveillance of a white sedan, was incredibly choppy and I am eager to see how ironed out it will be at trial. Cell towers utilize coverage for miles, and there are at least 3 towers that utilize coverage to the King Rd residence. The ultimate goal is justice for these victims and their families, but imagine that it was your son standing accused. Your brother, your cousin, your friend. And even the families of the victims, you would want this proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And so far, from the evidence outlined in the PCA I see plenty of reasonable doubt. But, we'll see what evidence the state presents at trial. But, this is not a court of law. It's an online forum so nobody is bound to anything and everyone is free to their own thoughts and opinions!

I also just wanted to say that after watching him at the hearing yesterday.. he appears so calm for the charges against him. It is like he thinks he is in some kind of criminal justice simulation and not in real life.

Yes, I saw and thought the same thing.
It looks to me like he is playing a part in his own Netflix series- Idaho 4 Murders- Exposed!
His ego is so huge he may stay in his self made delusion… or not.
At some point the novelty of his delusion may wear off.
He may notice that the smiles and smirks of Bundy were visible when he was in the public eye or in the courtroom. They do not reflect how he may have felt for hours and hours and days and weeks and months in a Jail cell.

I wonder what BK will do when it dawns on him that at 28 there is much life to live, and his will be spent in a cage, or in a cage in hell.

JMO

If BK did see DM, kept her alive to call 911 so he could see the media and police when he drove back later.
If the other room mates were not home, nobody may have call 911 for a welfare check later that day or even the next day when family get concerned nobody is answering. Leaving someone in the house alive to discover the scene and call 911 meant BK got an audience earlier than family members growing concerned from multiple hours/days of silence.JMO

OMG, look at the dark stains that you can see under the white plastic on the second photo (mattress in dark truck) and third photo above (mattress in the dark truck). Zoom in on the photos and you will see them right above the white bed railings. That's A LOT of blood.

Wow, I had not noticed the darkness that you can see through the plastic covers.
That is beyond horrific.
All of the problem solving and sleuthing I find fascinating and driven, so much so that I have insomnia. And then something pulls me back into the reality of what has happened.

The story coming out is terrifying, heartbreaking, and sickening, and when I think of my 18 yr old daughter and 20 yr old son I hurt for the families.
I hope this monster pleads guilty so the family is spared the details of what he did to these young lives, and the witnesses are spared having to face him on the stand.
He seems just the kind of monster that would enjoy hearing his handiwork described and seeing the fear in the witnesses

May justice come swiftly and surely to Idaho!!

JMO

Last edited:
Interesting idea, and makes a great deal of sense to me.

I've been thinking about his driving route, his returns to the crime scene, and the mobile phone issue. First, it seems clear that BK assumed that LE would only check cell towers near the crime scene, and he felt comfortable carrying his phone along and only turning it off when he wanted to hide his whereabouts in a specific locale. As to why he carried the phone in the first place, perhaps he wanted it to keep from getting lost on his return trip. He may not yet have felt familiar enough with the route or may have just been the kind of person who relies on cellphone GPS all the time.

It appears that he didn't turn off the cellphone during the 9:00 a.m. (-ish) trip back to the area of the house the next morning. I don't think he had any idea of going back in to get the knife sheath. He would be very vulnerable in daylight, and in any event, by that time of day, there would be people up and about in the neighborhood. A simpler explanation is that he just went back to see if anything was happening.

What's interesting to me is that he turned off his phone for a period of time the second evening when he was in the area of Johnson, ID. Apparently, he wanted to be sure his whereabouts at that time couldn't be traced. If it was indeed Johnson, ID, I would assume that he was getting rid of incriminating evidence in some remote place there...but if it was Johnson, WA, and near his return route of the night before, it could be that he had already ditched/buried those items the night before (makes the most sense to me), and then went back the second day to get rid of more items (towels and such) from his post-murder clean-up or to check after suddenly realizing that he couldn't remember anything about the knife sheath.

I wonder if the knife isn't buried somewhere around there, or if there are any bodies of water near the road in that area.
He went to Clarkston, WA where the Snake River is located.

I kinda think his phone might have been off for three hours because the battery died and he went home and went to bed!

There were plenty of places to hide and bury stuff when he was out on Sunday.

Okay I should rephrase my words. The affidavit said that the officer told him that when they arrived that the dog was in the upstairs bedroom belonging to k.

It was previously revealed that the dog had not tampered with any of the crime scene.

So just using pure logic, the dog was there for like 10 hours and never left the room to go to his mommy or downstairs to any other room without ever going to the bathroom. Even after d and bf called friends and 911 and police showed officer said dog was in upstairs room.

The odds of any animal not leaving the room if the door was open would be next to nil.

Unless the dog was drugged.

On second thought, perhaps it makes sense that X and E were first victims because X was awake. The killer “didn’t need to go upstairs” after but he did. Making one of the upstairs victims the primary target? Lots of questions
IMO, that sounds backwards to me. If the killer “didn’t need to go upstairs” per SG, he had killed the targets on the second floor already, therefore, he didn’t have to go upstairs to kill K and M. If X was still up and saw him entering the premises, X and E were killed because they were witnesses, and hence, BKs burglary charge

I have no issue with him being treated as a human being, and given vegan meals.
So long as his vegan meals cost comparable to what it costs to feed other people in jail awaiting their trial. If it means he is somehow treated better because he thinks he is more deserving than all the others who are presumed innocent and waiting for trial- then he can choose. White rice, or regular meals?

As a fan of a show where people are on an island and compete to win money- white rice is not a good choice.
It is possible BK may soon be a former vegan

JMO

His meals will be cheap. Jails and prisons get by on the cheapest meals that they can feed prisoners and stay within nutritional guidelines. If they don't have commissary money, they will usually go to bed a bit hungry. If you're 6'5 280#, you get the same thing as the 5'5 140# guy. Lots of bartering goes on in the chow hall.

Idaho Corrections says it has to work with the state budget--which roughly comes to $3 per inmate per day. (2018 figures)

Right now, he's getting what he needs to be up to speed for trial so that he can't mount a defense of poor treatment, illness from non-vegan food, or abuse, as a reason for some sort of defense. He'll be treated well. If ID does provide him with a vegan meal, it will probably be bland at best, and inedible at worst. If he hassles the kitchen staff, who are also inmates, and it creates additional work for them? He may just decide to learn to barter.

What if he was not vegan but diabetic, or both?
In speaking with many insulin-dependent people, we learned the food they are provided is not only deficient in nutrients but also actively harmful to the management of their diabetes. One man told us that he relies entirely on commissary foods and tries to make his own meals because the prison doesn’t offer any fresh fruit or vegetables — only refined carbohydrates, like cookies, saltine crackers, and bread.

These are great questions, but answering them is not the purpose of the PCA.
The purpose of the PCA was to get the accuse murderer off the street and into custody, that is what happened.
Now we proceed to more investigation and preparation of a trial.
At some point BK will be presented with more evidence, and at that time he may choose to change his plea to guilty. This way he could spend his life in prison.
If he does plea- we may never see all the evidence against him.
If he doesn’t plea- he will go to trial and we will see the full range of evidence against him. If he loses he may get death.

I’m guessing what is in the PCA are some highlights necessary to get the point across, but there was more and after his home and car and phone and the home of his parents is searched there will be much more.

Idaho won’t play here, I expect the DA to go for the death penalty.

JMO

You know what concerns me?

If BK is the killer - besides justice for victims and their families, the society needs to be protected from him.

If BK is not the killer, but merely a hapless dude who happened to be around at the wrong moment, convicting him won’t only be “unjust justice”.

The real killer would still be meandering around, and a huge threat to the community.

Has anyone else noticed there almost seems to be something in the way he points out the bathrooms and their locations? And pointed out it shared a wall with m room?

He never never mentions the bathroom downstairs. Or living room stuff. Or kitchen stuff.

He makes no mention to any windows or the patio balcony glass on third floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53