ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this has been asked previously. I am curious about the information in the public release of the affidavit. Clearly many details about the crime have not been included in the release. But it has great detail about the roomate who opened the door 3 times. <modsnip> why wouldn’t they take better care to protect her from harmful attacks and redact most of that?
Likely because the facts contained within it need to be represented truthfully and accurately. DM seeing someone clad in black and giving a general description of the person is an important part of this case and therefore it has to be reported as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the thud wasn’t from inside the house but right outside. BK could have make a jump from the upper hilly area down to the road area to get to his car faster, and his landing may have registered relatively loudly on the recoding device since that area is right next to 1112 King. Or the thud was from BK throwing the knife in the trunk or - since we know he’s a godawful driver - bumping into a large rock or a trash can backing up or something. The sound might have carried pretty well in the otherwise quiet early morning hours and have triggered some dog barking (especially because if Murphy was in K’s room, I’d think he’d pretty easily hear sounds coming from that area outside - but it certainly could have been another dog in a neighboring house).

And this would also explain why DM didn’t report hearing the thud since if it was inside you’d think she’d have heard it (although it’s interesting she didn’t report any dog barking that we know of). Who knows!

Attachments

• 15229F13-E9D4-497A-B161-5F9DA97EEE02.jpeg
    15229F13-E9D4-497A-B161-5F9DA97EEE02.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The guy that left the sheath at the crime scene, with his DNA, and drove the getaway car past cameras multiple times because he did not know the roads, and was seen by a possible victim, and also left a footprint in the home- put plastic on his seats?

I think from the beginning the media cast him as some super intelligent genius, and we are finding he is not- he is a cold blooded killer with an ego, and that ego got him caught and will get him the death penalty

JMO
IF he was stalking them, he would have known the roads. JMO

Hoping to hear from residents of apartment he lived in about his late nite comings and goings, surely there’s a Gladys Kravitz type there.

Jmo
Accused University of Idaho murderer Bryan Kohberger ‘never slept’

Kohberger usually kept to himself but could always be heard at odd hours.

“He’s normally a very late-night person, going to the bathroom and vacuuming at 1 or 12 in the morning”

The neighbor, also a graduate student, said she and the accused killer would say hello to each other in passing, and she once heard Kohberger bring a woman home. She didn’t see the woman, but the walls are thin, so she heard Kohberger and the woman talking.

Was he thinking it’s smart to not go a direct route to his victims?
Could be. Looking at the map of the area by Indian Hills Dr and Styner Ave, my guess is he took roads that might have avoided cameras. But, it also could work in his favor if he was seen on Hwy 8 heading east, east of the crime area, as if he was just driving through Moscow heading east nearly an hour before the crime. If he took Hwy 8 through town and turned south on S. Mountain View Dr., he maybe knew he'd be seen on a camera there around 3:20 (maybe by Safeway), but then after that there are no more cameras on 8 because it's almost out of town to prove he didn't continue east. I'm guessing, but he might have driven this many times to look for cameras.

So he turns on S. Mountain View Dr., then west on Indian Hills Dr. all the way to Styner Ave. He would have only been by one business (a small insurance company), and the rest residential. Once on Styner, the only businesses would be right around the Hwy 95 intersection, which is where a camera captured him at 3:28. Any other route he could have taken to King Rd via Hwy 8 would have brought him on roads that either passed more businesses, or the outskirts of U of I and the fraternity houses. Perhaps being the CJ major, who wanted to specialize in cloud AKA digital evidence, he thought he was avoiding detection through town. I mean, if I can look at a map and figure this out, I'm sure he was even more knowledgeable about the area and cameras. JMO.

Preliminary documents, PCA, search warrants, that are found to be incorrect can absolutely result in a case being dismissed. Let me be clear. I was in no way saying that the fact that the CPL who wrote the PCA put the wrong state for a town listed as a location invalidates the arrest. My point is, details are crucial. Four young individuals were brutally murdered. This is potentially a death penalty case. I will say that when I read the PCA, IMO, it was poorly pieced together and contained inaccurate information and in my experience, the evidence outlined concerning the location of the suspect based on utilization of cellular resources as well as eye witness/video surveillance of a white sedan, was incredibly choppy and I am eager to see how ironed out it will be at trial. Cell towers utilize coverage for miles, and there are at least 3 towers that utilize coverage to the King Rd residence. The ultimate goal is justice for these victims and their families, but imagine that it was your son standing accused. Your brother, your cousin, your friend. And even the families of the victims, you would want this proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And so far, from the evidence outlined in the PCA I see plenty of reasonable doubt. But, we'll see what evidence the state presents at trial. But, this is not a court of law. It's an online forum so nobody is bound to anything and everyone is free to their own thoughts and opinions!
Absolutely!!

It could have been him simply seeing one or more of them on the street that made him decide, yes, there is my target. It is very hard to rationilize an abnormal mind. We have a normal way of thinking. BK, obviously does not. He was hunting for targets to murder and found them. MOO

It was reported his ticket on August 21st on Pullman & farm rd that he had been in the neighborhood of king rd that nite. Iirc at 11:40?
So3 months at least.

Jmo

Based on the timeline, I say #3.

And it suddenly occurred to me what X really said. Imoo

Not “there’s somebody here“

But “Is there somebody here?”

Say them both out loud nervously.

X got her food delivery at 4am. It was found in the kitchen. She was on TikTok until 4:12, I say very likely in the kitchen with her midnight snack.

But she heard a sneaky creaking coming down the stairs. Not K or M popping down to get some water. Something sneaky and alarming. Enough to call out “Is there somebody here?”

just on the food delivery

There was a new member who made a really good post on issue of the Jack In the Box packaging.
I hope she comes back onto the thread. She knew deliveries or retail at first hand and did a post about why that brown bag is unlikely to be from a door delivery but instead, a personal pick-up from an earlier time.

Could be. Looking at the map of the area by Indian Hills Dr and Styner Ave, my guess is he took roads that might have avoided cameras. But, it also could work in his favor if he was seen on Hwy 8 heading east, east of the crime area, as if he was just driving through Moscow heading east nearly an hour before the crime. If he took Hwy 8 through town and turned south on S. Mountain View Dr., he maybe knew he'd be seen on a camera there around 3:20 (maybe by Safeway), but then after that there are no more cameras on 8 because it's almost out of town to prove he didn't continue east. I'm guessing, but he might have driven this many times to look for cameras.

So he turns on S. Mountain View Dr., then west on Indian Hills Dr. all the way to Styner Ave. He would have only been by one business (a small insurance company), and the rest residential. Once on Styner, the only businesses would be right around the Hwy 95 intersection, which is where a camera captured him at 3:28. Any other route he could have taken to King Rd via Hwy 8 would have brought him on roads that either passed more businesses, or the outskirts of U of I and the fraternity houses. Perhaps being the CJ major, who wanted to specialize in cloud AKA digital evidence, he thought he was avoiding detection through town. I mean, if I can look at a map and figure this out, I'm sure he was even more knowledgeable about the area and cameras. JMO.

Not sure about one way streets in that city.

These are great questions, but answering them is not the purpose of the PCA.
The purpose of the PCA was to get the accuse murderer off the street and into custody, that is what happened.
Now we proceed to more investigation and preparation of a trial.
At some point BK will be presented with more evidence, and at that time he may choose to change his plea to guilty. This way he could spend his life in prison.
If he does plea- we may never see all the evidence against him.
If he doesn’t plea- he will go to trial and we will see the full range of evidence against him. If he loses he may get death.

I’m guessing what is in the PCA are some highlights necessary to get the point across, but there was more and after his home and car and phone and the home of his parents is searched there will be much more.

Idaho won’t play here, I expect the DA to go for the death penalty.

JMO
I agree- they will go for the death penalty- the crime was so heinous - four families destroyed as well as a community that was frightened for two months- some will be frightened forever. This crime has changed the community forever as well.

IF he was stalking them, he would have known the roads. JMO

Why did he drive up the hill to the apartment parking lot and turn around?
Why did he try to make the turn left after coming from this parking lot and realize he could not make it?
Why did he then try to park and could not do it?
Why did he then drive to the King and Queen Rd intersection and do a three point turn to turn around and go back?

Of course he knew the roads to Pullman and Moscow, and the drive Taylor to Walenta.
If he knew the one way in and one way out of the King and Queen Rds, he did not know them well. If he did know them well, he it did not dawn on him that few people drive those roads and those that do know each other’s cars. They also know how narrow the road is and that even a small sedan can’t make that turn.

He looked out of place, lost like a food delivery car driver who does not know where the house is located. Add hype and Adrenalin and you get confusion, oddness, and anyone looking at the camera footage would notice.

The unsure awkward path of the car is a strike contrast from the cold fearless look he seems to portray.

Did he soil his pants? Throw up? Need to sit somewhere to stop shaking to drive?
Valid questions- he stabbed four pepole to death holding the knife in his hand

JMO

Last edited:
IMO, I think the outside “thud” was someone jumping off the third floor balcony. I still think there might have been two intruders.
Idaho police have stated they think BK acted alone. We don't have enough information to project what that thud was. There is more evidence coming with the trial. I think BK was trying to put out doubt about his guilt for the trial, to start defending his case.....

It's such a narrow timeline to kill four people. I'm not a murderer, but I would think one suspect stabbing four people to death, one after another, would make your arm tired pretty quickly. I feel like something is off or missing, too.

I was thinking the same thing and remembered it had been reported that he took boxing lessons.
Wow, if he was still boxing his arms may be quite strong and add a knife and you get strong and fast. He would also be more sure footed than he looks.

JMO

Only the times attributed to DM. For example, DoorDash at 4:00, audio on neighbor's surveilance camera, including dog started barking at 4:17, X on TikTok at 4:12. Those times are solid, IMHO.
The car movements are also all approximate, according to the PCA
Looking at the document again, even the door dash is “approximately at 4:00 AM”
Pretty much all the times are approximated, as far as I can see.
1827299D-6FFA-44C4-99CE-49BF597FD34E.jpeg

It's a relevant question, IMO. What I'm extremely curious about is this paragraph on pages 5/6 from the PCA:

A review of camera footage indicated that a white sedan, hereafter "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed taveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow at 5 approximately 3:26 a.m and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m. On this video, it appeared Suspect Vehicle 1 was not displaying a front license plate.

So, his vehicle leaves Pullman and goes to Moscow, but he doesn't drive straight to the King Rd. residence. He drives somewhere to the east end of town and is seen heading back west via residential roads before getting to King Rd. by 3:29. What was he doing? Just randomly driving around trying to get up the nerve?
Maybe he was checking on ex boyfriend to see if his car was at his home? Not sure where he lives? Or if the girls were at an after party at another residence? Before he went to the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow