ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is my understanding
That is my understanding, as well. They might have wanted his phone records starting on that date specifically to review his search history.

I don't know exactly when BCK moved to Pullman, WA, but I would imagine he spent his summer in PA with his parents and moved to Washington shortly before school started in August.

This could mean he spent his summer planning these horrific murders, then as soon as he got to Washington, started trolling around Moscow, ID looking for the perfect house to target.

1673288694547.png

Where did BK first enter the house? anybody know?
No, it said a latent print in the PCA, which was discovered on a visit to the home after the initia one. I think it was likely a smudgy print since it wasn’t noticed the first time around. Did he wipe it off on bedsheets perhaps? If both girls were murdered in the bed upstairs, there might not have been a lot of blood on the floor at that point.
Where did BK first enter the house? anybody know?

I think he did the stabbings in a furious sort of frenzy, jerking the knife back and fort to inflict the maximum damage. I think the attack was very personal to him and rage filled. I can understand being in a furious grip of anger. What confuses me is how did he maintain that level of intense feeling enough to proceed to butcher four people. Key takeaways from court documents in case against Bryan Kohberger and questions that remain This says(Link above) his height and weight-from his drivers license were-6'and 185, respectively.
i'm not seeing anger, I'm seeing clinical. Methodical. Focused.

I am still trying to reconcile in my mind why the PCA says he drove by the house 12 times starting in June. Or did I misunderstand?
It doesn't actually say that. :) It says the data they received started in June, when the account was opened. And it says he drove by the house at least 12 times. But it didn't say those twice times started in June. Does that help?

In no way do I want to speak lightly about this tragedy or the four innocent victims, but I wonder if the autopsies showed any hesitation wounds or ones that were not as deep as others. I feel like this info might help LE figure out if BK has done this before IMO.
BK may have practiced his knife skills into some kind of animal carcass, pillows, burlap bags of seed, or even some kind of stuffed mannequin. IMO if BK wanted to be proficient he would have done his research.

Sorry to hear about your horse. Isn't it strange what the mind does? I agree with all your points - and even if DM didn't know the food had been ordered, she would have been quite familiar with food orders. I agree she probably thought the guy was the delivery person, although they do not usually come in the house, she may have thought this night was an exception or that someone else in the house knew this person.

Our minds are not at their best in the middle of the night (usually, if we are ordinarily keeping a night sleeping schedule) and being awakened from deep sleep is a state where many people are not fully functional.

That's why this killer chose that hour of the night to strike. The witching hour. He was amped up (whether on his own brain chemicals or something else) and he knew the victims were highly vulnerable. I think it's possible he had more than one house as a target and was deciding which one was most attractive (e.g., most vulnerable and containing the right type of victim).

My big question now is why he decompensated/acted out to that degree on that particular night. Was it becoming more clear that being a grad student wasn't going to be a walk in the park? Was it the first time he'd received criticism from a professor? Was he so lonely and homesick (his first time away from his parents, that we know of) that he wasn't sleeping and was morose?
Your last paragraph raises a huge question.

Given his purported heroin addiction and the strong possibility that he's the author of the blog posts with his same date of birth, it seems likely that he struggled with his inner emotions and fought his personal demons for a long time.

And, his strong interest in criminology from a young age could possibly suggest him wanting to better understand his own frightening thoughts and urges.

IMHO, he has likely fought these urges for quite awhile. So, as 10ofRods asks, why he decompensated and acted out to that degree on this particular night?

Given that he was likely near that house for at least 10 times since August, he may have been having these horrifying thoughts about murdering one or some of these girls for almost 3 months but, if he had those thoughts, he didn't act on them until that particular night.

If this had been a long-term plan, surely he would not have used his own car or had his cell phone turned on during all of his purported stalking of one of the girls or several of the girls at this house.

Or, did he on some subconscious level want to be caught so that he could be jailed and no longer have to fight his inner demons and urges to kill others.

Wondering what factors may have led to him committing these murders on this particular night . . .

And thinking that if we could better understand how he ended up committing these murders on that particular night, perhaps we could more effectively help people who have similar inner struggles and prevent more of these kinds of horrific tragedies.

In this episode of 48 Hours about the murders (you can watch for free if you download the app) one of BK’s former classmates described a moment with BK that struck him as odd. BK apparently stated that he could go into any bar and have any woman he wanted.
I watched it. It was well done, lots of info IMO.

I can accept he was, might be a drug user, what I don't accept is anyone trying to use that as n excuse for his murders. If he's found guilty of 4 murder ones with many special circumstances, which I think he will be, I hope he gets death.
Definitely not an excuse, but we cannot negate the fact that he was a former user. That kind of stuff is not good for your body or brain.

As you move through these timelines, experience time by setting up a clock with a second hand. You would be surprised how much you can accomplish in 5 minutes, 8 minutes, etc.
If you want to see how much energy might be expended in that time period, run in place. The killer worked at top speed in order to kill these four people. Run in place for 8 minutes and you'll understand something of the kind of effort he had to expend to kill 3 girls and a perhaps unexpected male who was physically fit from doing nursery work...and fighting back.

Agreed......you often read about bank robbers trying to get in and out of the bank within 90 seconds or less, especially if there is a team of robbers acting in concert to gather as much cash as posible, not just a singal robber holding up one teller.

Is it this house?

( I meant to look-up 1112 King Road- audio camera house - but hadn't got round to it)

Reposting with link
9751b54a6d5ed3134e0cb94a8f76381b-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

I don’t see why people can’t just take it at face value that he was likely a drug user, at least in the past. I hate when people think they know the “look” of current or former drugs users.

I don’t usually divulge this but I have used heroin myself in the past and people would be absolutely shocked to hear that. I’m upper-middle class, a blonde white girl, and graduated Magna *advertiser censored* Laude. People are even surprised when they find out I use marijuana. You just never know what people do in the dark and what their demons are. Not every drug user (even heroin) is a “junkie”, falling asleep and with needle marks in their arms. Just some food for thought.
Yeah true i was being sloppy with my words my bad i should have said its the ones that are heavy users and do it for longer period of time then you can usually see it not always though

On page 5 of the PCA it mentions that there was activity on Bethany's phone around the time of the murders or shortly after.
I had wondered if the activity around the time of the murders or shortly thereafter was D texting B about whether she had heard sounds or about having just seen this man in the house that scared her. B may have been sleeping and didn't receive the text until late morning.

In my view, after struggling to position his car in the road, it would take him only about 30 seconds to pass from camera view to park, and then a 30 second sprint to the back deck. 1 minute, not "minutes." But then I believe he mentally and physically trained and practiced. Why would it take "a few minutes" to drive 30 yards and park? It looks from where police were studying track marks that he parked at the very edge of their parking lot.

Why does it take 2 minutes to pick up his knife? Why isn't it already in his jacket pocket or on the seat of the car? He ought to have left the sheath in the car, obviously, but didn't even do that. Just grabbed it and ran into the house, pumping himself up on adrenalin and activating his muscles.

Why does he walk to the house? This is a man who is said to go on frequent 6-7 mile runs. His whole goal is doing this quickly.

In Marine Corps training, I'm told by marines here and in real life that 15 seconds is the goal they work for, in learning how to use that knife as an offensive killing device. 15 seconds to kill each person (in terms of the actual use of the knife).

I think it's hard for all of us to realize that this maniac psyched himself up into this killing state, which he had anticipated and fantasized about for months or years. He had certain goals and inward "personal best" records to satisfy. His mind was sharp and focused at the time. He believed himself to be in fine rational form and even better physical fitness.

That's why he thought he'd get away from it. But, as the maxim in criminology goes, he left something there (the sheath) and picked something up (blood on his shoes) He probably also left touch DNA here and there, and there was likely more blood than just blood on one shoe (on his person).

Since he left so quickly, I think he just jumped in the car and peeled out, so I'm hopeful there will be victim DNA in the car.
If there is victim DNA in his car, he's toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708