MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he never reported her missing, employees in her company did that.

Her phone pinged in the area of the house on January 1 and 2nd AFTER the time he claimed she left.

He told police that on January 1st, he went to his mother's house in Swampscott (note for anyone not familiar with Massachusetts, Cohasset is on the south shore of Boston, Swampscott is on the north shore, it's about an hour drive between the two), but it took him a long time because he got lost.

He said he went to Whole Foods and CVS but there's no evidence that he actually did this.

He says he took his son for ice cream on January 2nd, but there's no evidence of that. Instead surveillance showed he went to the Home Depot in Rockland where he bought the cleaning supplies. As well as drove around Abington and Brockton, though his lawyer says there is no evidence he stopped anywhere in the latter two locations.

His lawyer confirms that he does have an ankle monitor on him.

Interesting.
If he drove from Cohasset to Swampscott there are several places his plate could have been captured - Ted Williams tunnel, Tobin Bridge, etc. So if his phone wasn't pinging there could still be a timeline. Sad to say that entire route is on the water and if he took 1A, the airport has its own maze of places to hide. So let's collectively pray his phone was on the entire time and they can trace all of his activity! Not sure how he might do in jail as he appears to enjoy life's finest so maybe he will give up her location for some level of leniency. MOO

oTdthK2A_normal.jpg

Mari Salazar

@MariSalazarTV
·
2h
NOW: Investigators are on scene at Brian + Ana Walshe’s home in Cohasset. This is where prosecutors say they found bloody evidence. Brian Walshe was arrested Sun. as police continue to investigate the disappearance of his wife, Ana Walshe. We have details on @7News at noon. (1/4)

https://twitter.com/julianamazzatv/status/1612526484316381215/analytics

So, is the adult who has not been ID’d but was said to have been in the Walshe’s home on New Years Eve/Day and was noted by LE as the last person to see Ana (the morning she disappeared) lying or covering up for Ana’s husband? And who is that person to them anyway? A nanny perhaps? Because who was watching the kids while Ana’s husband was off buying cleaning supplies and the like?

JMO

Tyvek? Not plastic electrical ties which I could understand.. but Tyvek? Look at and think about the many uses, properties and cost of Tyvek here on this advertisement. Tarps are the next expensive items on his list but they don't come near to bringing the price up to $450.00. If my assumption is correct about the high cost of body disposal supplies in comparison to less expensive cleaning supplies, then why would anyone need to buy that much Tyvek when disposing of a body? Never mind why he bought so much ... how about what plan did he have in mind when he bought it all? I'm out of the loop and need some education on this Tyvek thing.

I heard her say he bought a Tyvek suit.

So, is the adult who has not been ID’d but was said to have been in the Walshe’s home on New Years Eve/Day and was noted by LE as the last person to see Ana (the morning she disappeared) lying or covering up for Ana’s husband? And who is that person to them anyway? A nanny perhaps? Because who was watching the kids while Ana’s husband was off buying cleaning supplies and the like?

JMO
It is hard for me to think of a scenario in which that person did not know what had happened to Ana Whoever it is has to have known and helped by staying with the kids while he disposed of the body. MOO MOO MOO

I'm unclear about his mother's home in Swampscott.

Didn't his mother live in the rented Cohasset house with the family?
And wasn't she the "family member" who told police that Ana left at 4 am on Jan 1?

Did she then own another house?

TRANSCRIPTION OF ARRAIGNMENT

9TH JANUARY.

Court Clerk - Mr. Brian Walshe, complaint 210136 out of Cohasset. You're charged with intimidation of a witness on the 8th. January, 2023. A not guilty plea will be entered.

Judge - Do you understand that charge Mr. Walshe?.

Walshe - Yes.

Judge - I'll hear from the Commonwealth please.

DA - Yes, good morning your honor, Lynn Beland for the Commonwealth. Your honor, the charge before the court right now - The defendant is charged under the intimidation, that being, misleading police in the course of an investigation. The investigation was into the missing person of Ana Walshe. Ana is the wife of this defendant, she is 37 yrs. old. They have three children, 2, 4 and 6.

Ana Walshe was last seen on New Year's Day between 4:00 and 6:00 a.m., in the morning. The defendant indicated that she left the house to go... she works in Washington, DC. The defendant indicated, in a subsequent interview, that she left the house around 6:00 a.m., taking an uber, a lift, to go to the airport where she was going to go to work in DC. That was the last time she was seen.

In the course of the investigation, police were notified, around January 4th., by her employees in Washington DC, that she had not shown up for work on January 4th. That was the first time that it was notified that she was missing, up until this point, the defendant had not notified anyone that she was missing. The investigation has determined that she actually had a plane ticket for January 3rd., which she did not use and did not show up at the airport, nor her DC job or her apartment in DC.

It was indicated that the defendant... police checked, during the course of this investigation, there was not an Uber or any kind of lift that had picked her up on January 1st. In fact, in the course of the investigation, it was determined that her cell phone pinged in the area of the house, which is located on Chief Justice, Cushing Way, that her phone pinged on the 1st. and the 2nd., which is after the defendant had said she had left.

Additionally, the defendant right now, who is on house arrest, pending sentencing in federal court. Part of that probation and condition, he was to report his whereabouts if he was to leave the house. He indicated, as part of the investigation when police spoke with him that on January 1st., he went to his mother's house. However, it took him a lot longer because he got lost going to his mother's house in Swampscott. He also indicated and stated to the police that he went to Whole Foods and CVS. Police subsequently did surveillance and checked, there was no surveillance or indication that he went to Whole Foods, nor CVS. He indicated he purchased some items. There's no receipts for him having purchased that. He then returned home. Surveillance was checked by several police during this timeframe. These statements caused a lot of delay as part of the investigation as police now were focusing on the North Shore.

He further indicated that on January 2nd., as he was supposed to report in, that the only time he left is that he went to take his son for some ice cream. Surveillance checked during the investigation indicated that the defendant, in fact, on January 2nd., sometime after 4 o'clock, went to the Home Depot, which is in Rockland. He's on surveillance, at that time, purchasing about $450 worth of cleaning supplies that would include: mops, bucket, tarps, TVX (??), drop cloths, as well as various kinds of tape. He's on surveillance, at that time, on January 2nd., even though he said he never left the house.

Police obtained a search warrant and actually searched the house with Crime Scene Services. During that time they found blood in the basement. Blood was found in the basement area as well as a knife, which also contained some blood.

Judge - Could you repeat that last sentence?.

DA - Yes, in the basement, Crime Scene Services recovered and found blood in the basement area, in a section of the basement. There was also a knife that was found. On the knife there was also blood and part of the knife was damaged.

Your honor, these various statements caused a delay in the investigation, to the point that during the timeframe when he didn't report his wife and gave various statements that allowed him time to - either clean up evidence or dispose of evidence and causing a delay. As of this time, Ana Walshe has not been found. So because of that the Commonwealth is asking $500,000 cash bail. At this time, these are the charges.

Defense - Good morning your honor. Mr. Walshe's wife has been missing since January 1st. and it is true that her employer contacted the police on January 4th. However, that was as a result of Mr. Walshe, Brian Walshe, contacting the employer to say 'I haven't heard from my wife'. The employer suggested that their security team, who is former law enforcement officer, contact both the Cohasset Police and the DC Metro Police, which he did.

Mr. Walshe has given several interviews. We have consented to searches of his home. We have consented to searches of his property. We have consented to searches of his cell phone, I negotiated with the 1st Assistant DA, on the terms of that, to protect attorney client. He has been Incredibly cooperative. The charges are not anything relating... he's not charged with murder, he's charged with misleading investigators by not saying, as I understand it, he went to Home Depot in Rockland. He did say he went to Press in Norwell and, as your honor knows, Rockland Home Depot is right next to Norwell. If, in fact, he was there, it was in the town next to him. With respect to the other alleged omission, is that he was in Brockton and Abington. They don't have him stopping anywhere in those areas, as far as the police report says. He did say that he took his son out twice on the 2nd.

He is on home confinement, he has a bracelet on him. A violation has been noticed of him, so if he leaves here there's a federal detainer, he will be taken to federal court and I would suggest that on the bail violations in federal court, the appropriate place to decide those conditions of release is in the federal court.

I would ask for low bail or no bail and to let the federal courts decide this. He's not going anywhere. He hasn't gone anywhere since January 1st. He's been in the house, that's true. He's been in the house with police almost 12 hrs. a day. I've been at the house with him, with police, for at least 8 hrs. a day. Well, not yesterday, but yesterday the police were at his house and he was at my home, but Friday and Saturday I was at his house for at least 8 hrs. with police officers present. So it's not that he's been there changing evidence or, somehow, impeding the investigation. The charges are - he neglected to mention that he went to Abington and Brockton, and then he neglected to mention that he was at a Home Depot. I suggest on those charges, for a regular person, as everybody has to be treated, that that would be a no bail situation. With respect to violation of conditions of his federal bail, that is most appropriately dealt with in the federal court. Thank you very much your honor.

Judge - Bail is set at $500,000 cash. $5 million surety.

(Next conference set for Thurs. 9th. February).

Last edited:
I'm unclear about his mother's home in Swampscott.

Didn't his mother live in the rented Cohasset house with the family?
And wasn't she the "family member" who told police that Ana left at 4 am on Jan 1?

Did she then own another house?
Swampscott!!! I couldn't for the life of me work out what the DA said.

9TH JANUARY.

Court Clerk - Mr. Brian Walshe, complaint 210136 out of Cohasset. You're charged with intimidation of a witness on the 8th. January, 2023. A not guilty plea will be entered.

Walshe - Yes.

DA - Yes, good morning your honor, Lynn Beland for the Commonwealth. Your honor, the charge before the court right now - The defendant is charged under the intimidation, that being, misleading police in the course of an investigation. The investigation was into the missing person of Ana Walshe. Ana is the wife of this defendant, she is 37 yrs. old. They have three children, 2, 4 and 6.

Ana Walshe was last seen on New Year's Day between 4:00 and 6:00 a.m., in the morning. The defendant indicated that she left the house to go... she works in Washington, DC. The defendant indicated, in a subsequent interview, that she left the house around 6:00 a.m., taking an uber, a lift, to go to the airport where she was going to go to work in DC. That was the last time she was seen.

In the course of the investigation, police were notified, around January 4th., by her employees in Washington DC, that she had not shown up for work on January 4th. That was the first time that it was notified that she was missing, up until this point, the defendant had not notified anyone that she was missing. The investigation has determined that she actually had a plane ticket for January 3rd., which she did not use and did not show up at the airport, nor her DC job or her apartment in DC.

It was indicated that the defendant... police checked, during the course of this investigation, there was not an Uber or any kind of lift that had picked her up on January 1st. In fact, in the course of the investigation, it was determined that her cell phone pinged in the area of the house, which is located on Chief Justice, Cushing Way, that her phone pinged on the 1st. and the 2nd., which is after the defendant had said she had left.

Additionally, the defendant right now, who is on house arrest, pending sentencing in federal court. Part of that probation and condition, he was to report his whereabouts if he was to leave the house. He indicated, as part of the investigation when police spoke with him that on January 1st., he went to his mother's house. However, it took him a lot longer because he got lost going to his mother's house in Swampscott. He also indicated and stated to the police that he went to Whole Foods and CVS. Police subsequently did surveillance and checked, there was no surveillance or indication that he went to Whole Foods, nor CVS. He indicated he purchased some items. There's no receipts for him having purchased that. He then returned home. Surveillance was checked by several police during this timeframe. These statements caused a lot of delay as part of the investigation as police now were focusing on the North Shore.

He further indicated that on January 2nd., as he was supposed to report in, that the only time he left is that he went to take his son for some ice cream. Surveillance checked during the investigation indicated that the defendant, in fact, on January 2nd., sometime after 4 o'clock, went to the Home Depot, which is in Rockland. He's on surveillance, at that time, purchasing about $450 worth of cleaning supplies that would include: mops, bucket, tarps, TVX, drop cloths, as well as various kinds of tape. He's on surveillance, at that time, on January 2nd., even though he said he never left the house.

Police obtained a search warrant and actually searched the house with Crime Scene Services. During that time they found blood in the basement. Blood was found in the basement area as well as a knife, which also contained some blood.

DA - Yes, in the basement, Crime Scene Services recovered and found blood in the basement area, in a section of the basement. There was also a knife that was found. On the knife there was also blood and part of the knife was damaged.

Your honor, these various statements caused a delay in the investigation, to the point that during the timeframe when he didn't report his wife and gave various statements that allowed him time to - either clean up evidence or dispose of evidence and causing a delay. As of this time, Ana Walshe has not been found. So because of that the Commonwealth is asking $500,000 cash bail. At this time, these are the charges.

Defense - Good morning your honor. Mr. Walshe's wife has been missing since January 1st. and it is true that her employer contacted the police on January 4th. However, that was as a result of Mr. Walshe, Brian Walshe, contacting the employer to say 'I haven't heard from my wife'. The employer suggested that their security team, who is former law enforcement officer, contact both the Cohasset Police and the DC Metro Police, which he did.

Mr. Walshe has given several interviews. We have consented to searches of his home. We have consented to searches of his property. We have consented to searches of his cell phone, I negotiated with the 1st Assistant DA, on the terms of that, to protect attorney client. He has been Incredibly cooperative. The charges are not anything relating... he's not charged with murder, he's charged with misleading investigators by not saying, as I understand it, he went to Home Depot in Rockland. He did say he went to Press in Norwell and, as your honor knows, Rockland Home Depot is right next to Norwell. If, in fact, he was there, it was in the town next to him. With respect to the other alleged omission, is that he was in Brockton and Abington. They don't have him stopping anywhere in those areas, as far as the police report says. He did say that he took his son out twice on the 2nd.

He is on home confinement, he has a bracelet on him. A violation has been noticed of him, so if he leaves here there's a federal detainer, he will be taken to federal court and I would suggest that on the bail violations in federal court, the appropriate place to decide those conditions of release is in the federal court.

I would ask for low bail or no bail and to let the federal courts decide this. He's not going anywhere. He hasn't gone anywhere since January 1st. He's been in the house, that's true. He's been in the house with police almost 12 hrs. a day. I've been at the house with him, with police, for at least 8 hrs. a day. Well, not yesterday, but yesterday the police were at his house and he was at my home, but Friday and Saturday I was at his house for at least 8 hrs. with police officers present. So it's not that he's been there changing evidence or, somehow, impeding the investigation. The charges are - he neglected to mention that he went to Abington and Brockton, and then he neglected to mention that he was at a Home Depot. I suggest on those charges, for a regular person, as everybody has to be treated, that that would be a no bail situation. With respect to violation of conditions of his federal bail, that is most appropriately dealt with in the federal court. Thank you very much your honor.

Judge - Bail is set at $500,000 cash.

After the judge says $500K cash, he says $5M surety.

9TH JANUARY.

Walshe - Yes.

He further indicated that on January 2nd., as he was supposed to report in, that the only time he left is that he went to take his son for some ice cream. Surveillance checked during the investigation indicated that the defendant, in fact, on January 2nd., sometime after 4 o'clock, went to the Home Depot, which is in Rockland. He's on surveillance, at that time, purchasing about $450 worth of cleaning supplies that would include: mops, bucket, tarps, TVX, drop cloths, as well as various kinds of tape. He's on surveillance, at that time, on January 2nd., even though he said he never left the house.

“He indicated, as part of the investigation when police spoke with him that on January 1st., he went to his mother's house. However, it took him a lot longer because he got lost going to his mother's house in (??).”

I’ll bet!

“He indicated, as part of the investigation when police spoke with him that on January 1st., he went to his mother's house. However, it took him a lot longer because he got lost going to his mother's house in (??).”

I’ll bet!
I take from this quote that he was going to visit his mother at her house in Swampscott, so if she was there she couldn't have been down at the house with the boys or have been there to see Ana off in the Uber. So who was it? MOO MOO MOO

I suggest on those charges, for a regular person, as everybody has to be treated, that that would be a no bail situation. With respect to violation of conditions of his federal bail, that is most appropriately dealt with in the federal court. Thank you very much your honor.

Don't pass go, don't collect 200$

Next.

Something triggered this, and since this guy seems to have all about the $$$ for a good long time now, while seemingly doing little do actually earn some, I wonder less about divorce alone as a motive versus divorce + affair / suspicion of an affair.

Anything that suddenly and significantly impinged on his closely-held view of himself -- seemingly supported by his mother -- as a successful man and parent might have tipped the balance.

Plenty of Patrick Frazee echoes here, minus the horses and plus a few Warhols.

Also some genuinely oddball bits of backdrop with the burning home and hotel crooks / spies / whatevers. Strange case with a missing mum not to be forgotten at its core.

That's what I'm wondering. He may not have had the chance to dispose of her yet. When did the police show up at his home? Was it the 3rd or the 4th?
LE only learned Ana was missing on Jan 4th... so, it couldn't have been before that date anyway. I'll have to go back and find out when they first arrived at his home.

I’m so glad they were able to arrest this guy on something and jail him, even if they don’t yet have their complete case built. MOO, but It seems to me it’s only a matter of time before they charge him.

One thing—did BW’s mother stay over at the Walshe home on NYE, after the party, and was BW then driving her hack to her own home the next day (when he “got lost” driving to her home)?
I ask because I understood that BW’s mother was at the party, and BW was driving to his mother’s house the next day… Seems odd he would drive her home after the party, they be driving out to her house again. MOO but the mother may have been in the home at the time AW disappeared (perhaps she even stayed with the boys while BW ran his “errands”? Speculation only).

Can anyone clear that up for me? TIA

Relationships are different. This may seem odd, but we have to remember a lot of adults do go missing, for whatever reason. And show up, eventually.

But it seems like LEO is definitely doing due diligence in this case, and beyond, as evidenced by their thorough search of the immediate area.

And just because someone purchases $450 in cleaning supplies, including tarps doesn't mean anything suspicious.

So tragic and totally senseless. There is no way this was planned because it just doesn’t make sense. I keep trying to imagine him doing all these errands and cleaning while taking care of his 3 little boys. I wonder who saw him during that time? Did someone take the boys? How does he go to HD alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal